The Gravity Falls Thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
What a finale! I loved all the callbacks to past episodes, as well as all the Chekhov's Guns like Mabel's grappling hook and that shrinking/enlarging crystal.
Everyone sure spent a lot of time saying goodbye, too, which also left me with a heavy heart. :sigh:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Alls I know is that Soos's lines about McGucken's Shacktron will probably have made Drtooth giddy.
Soos: Question, is this thing going to have gunblades? Because I watch a lot of anime, and we're going to want to have gunblades.
McGucken: What is this anime?
Soos: We have much to discuss.

Now we know the importance of the symbols on Bill's wheel... They're the Zodiac that can create a portal to banish Bill back to his dimension. Shame the portal couldn't be activated due to Stan and Ford's arguing, which led to having to use the memory erasing gun.
BTW: Ford, you do know those weirdness eminations you're picking up from the Arctic Circle are coming from Santa's Workshop? *Hopes they don't get put permanently on the Naughty list.

Ironic twist how Preston lost his entire fortune while McGucken became the richest man in town, moving into the former Northwest manor.
Now that we have the series ended, especially with Dipper's closing monologue, this series really made me think it could be compared as a modern version of Eerie, Indiana. Good finale, glad it's finished on such a high note. Well done Pines Family.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I want my feelings punched out as well.

If there's one thing I like better about cartoons today than ones from the 80's and 90's, it's the willingness to have a series end with an ending instead of perma-reruns and no closure. Especially the 1980's "trapped in a magical dimension" cartoons like Captain N. Never got out of there.

But what closure! This finale was a nice character arc for Mabel, as well as Dipper and Stan. I'd say it's one of those times you knew the jerkiest character would redeem himself, but it was done with a nice "will he or won't he" moment that plays out satisfying enough not to matter. You know it was the last episode because they played the theme song during a fight sequence in a show that never plays an underscore of its own theme. Great to see a lot of one shot characters pop back up, even if just for a short moment.

On that note, the one thing I was pretty happy about was during the epilogue, Soos and his girlfriend are working at the Mystery Shack. The one thing that I kinda wanted to see was closure with those two, since she wasn't in any of the action sequences or even at the birthday party. Soos really deserved to have her. Also, because i didn't comment on part 2, I felt the part where he imagined his ideal father sad in a sweet sort of way. That's one of the threads they left frustraitingly open, though. Not giving Soos real closure with his real dad, even though he stopped caring about it at the end of "Blendin's Game."

Still, I hope there's some possibility for a TV special or film length episode in the future. Seems there could be some potential left for the Twins coming back next summer, or at least Stanford and Stanley's around the world journey.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Soos's dad? Ah jes, ju mean the man with the body of a professional wrestler and a face he once saw on a bottle of hot sauce. :rolleyes:
That combo of randomness scores points.

Also, while watching The Stanchurian Candidate... The part where Dipper reads how the township of GF elects its mayor, and then follows up with "I couldn't make this up even if I wanted to."
Yes, and you don't have to. Because this has all been made up by a bunch of other guys because they wanted to. Which, when you consider that their mayoral electoral terms were set down in the town's charter by their founder, the 8&½ President of the United States who lived for two centuries or more by encasing himself in a giant peanut butter brittle block... *ROTFLOL.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Kinda old news, but it's worth mentioning: Ever since Louis C.K.'s little incident, the character he voiced, which was a giant head that forcefully asked people to get into his mouth, was re-dubbed by Alex Hirsch in reruns. Though I think he should have been re-designed as well as the head very clearly looks like Louis.

Before:

After:

Last edited:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I miss this show. It was by far one of the best kid's cartoons of the 2010s. Each episode was something I would spend the entire week looking forward to and they would never disappoint. To me the 2010s so far haven't been the best decade for kids cartoons with the only really good ones being Gravity Falls, MAD, Regular Show, and We Bare Bears. It's a total bummer that every show I just listed aside from We Bare Bears is now cancelled. But hey, we still we have Kristen Schaal on Bob's Burgers and The Last Man on Earth. That doesn't mean I don't miss her as Mabel though.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It was definitely a great show. I wouldn't mind a possible comeback with the Pines' as teens or whatever.