The Great Desire

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
This is SO great! I wish I could say more, but it's late and I go back to work tomorrow and eeeeee....I just want you to know that this is really starting out great and is one of the better stories I've read in awhile! I love it! I wish I had time to write in mine.....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Melissa... That was great.

The way you shift between emotions...

The meeting at the theater after the engagement... Nice that Camilla and Gonzo are understanding what the other has to say by means of sign language. Even liked the SS reference.
But the beginning... Divorce? Camilla breaking down and sobbing?
Oh, you stab us in the hearts with that. If Gonzo and Camilla can't make it, then what chance is there for the rest of us...

Please... Post more!

Java

Reaction score
Does anyone know what Gonzo's favorite beverage might be?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um no... But he does soak his feet every night in club soda just to get foot fizzies, if that helps.
*From The Secrets of The Muppets.

Java

Reaction score
Hmm... yea, it helps. Thanks!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!!! It's a Gonzo and Camilla story!! *tunes in for more*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Also... The best-known soda brand in Muppetdom would probably have to be Figgy Fizz, whose bottlecaps adorn Bert's pasteboard owing to his collecting the shiny pop-tops.
You could use that too if you want.

Java

Reaction score
Okay, okay... this next part is shaping up nicely now.

<heads off to write more before going to bed to prepare for work.>

Java

Reaction score
Okay, one more chapter. Then I must say goodnight and sleep. Daylight hours will come too soon here.

Java

Reaction score
Chapter 3

Kermit entered Gonzo’s apartment without knocking. He scanned the darkness for the whatever, his eyes resting in the darkened corner of the couch with a despondent lump. “Gonzo? You haven’t answered your phone all afternoon.”

The only response Kermit got was a large sigh and a slosh of liquid as Gonzo shifted his weight to a more uncomfortable position.

“I’m turning on the light Gonzo,” he said only to give a split second warning to cover the eyes, “and you’re going to eat this soup that Piggy fixed for you. You know as well as I do that when Piggy cooks for someone she’s not extremely fond of that means the entire group is aware the situation is bad.”

Kermit went to Gonzo’s microwave and popped the soup in. He turned and looked at Gonzo for the first time since the light was on. “Oh, boy,” he sighed as he took in the sight.

Figgy Fizz bottles littered the end table, the floor, and the cushions around Gonzo. The club soda in the foot basin had gone flat and Gonzo was slouched in such a way that it looked as if his neck were broken. His white shirt was wet and only haphazardly buttoned. The fur on his face was mated where tears had streamed down his face.

“So, what happened when you met Camilla this afternoon?” Kermit carried the soup over and placed it on a tray table next to Gonzo. He then swept more bottles to the floor and sat beside his friend.

“Maybe if I hadn’t proposed in the first place…”

“Now, Gonzo, you and I both know that you were meant to be together. It’s hard to go through that. Every couple takes a hit.”

“So hard that they divorce?”

“Tell me about this afternoon.”

“I was late.”

“But she waited on you.”

“Yes,” a half sigh, half sob escaped Gonzo as he continued. “Camilla waited on me. She seemed so removed though. I couldn’t connect with her.”

“She’s just trying to protect her heart from more pain.”

“I know! But it wasn’t my fault, Kermit.”

“I never said it was. What happened was something that no one could have imagined.”

“I told her that I had been to the grave. I told her that I had gone to see it again and she turned away from me. Then she broke down crying and wouldn’t let me hold her.” Gonzo paused as the rejection washed over him again. “Then she left. Camilla wouldn’t listen anymore and she still won’t talk to me. After all the effort we went through to make sure we would understand each other perfectly, it ends because she won’t talk to me.”

Kermit watched as Gonzo’s mind searched for a happier time and sighed. It seemed to him that neither Camilla nor Gonzo was communicating effectively with anyone.

* * * * * * * * * *​
Wedding day

Camilla peeked through the crack in the door as the cannon shot ricocheted through the chapel. Gonzo spread his arms out then did a summersault before landing perfectly (fight against his nature to crash through the floor) on his mark at the alter. The worms were wriggling up a storm today as her eyes glazed over looking at the whatever that would make his future with her and her alone.

Gonzo turned and handed his helmet to Kermit who passed it on to Fozzie as he brushed the last of the gunpowder off of the tuxedo. Fozzie turned and handed the helmet to Scooter who quickly disposed of it in the magical way that he had of taking care of things.

Rowlf started playing a gentle number that he had composed on the piano and the doors opened to Robin carrying the rings down the aisle with Prairie Dawn dropping sunflower petals beside him. Janice, Wanda, Sarah, and Miss Piggy proceeded up the isle next. The chapel doors closed and the crowd gathered inside stood, waiting impatiently to see Camilla.

Gonzo turned to Kermit and whispered excitedly, “Oh, boy! Here comes my chic!”

The doors opened and a gentle gasp spread across the room. A proud black rooster stood with his neck out as he pranced his daughter down the isle. Hilda had out done all of her previous work as Camilla’s dress was exquisite.

Hand sewn crystals graced the neckline and capped sleeves. The material swirled gently as Camilla gingerly took each step. The front of the skirt was cut right at Camilla’s feet which accented the custom made ballet slippers with more hand sewn crystals. The train stretched out for five feet with more crystals in a gentle flower design. The veil was placed on Camilla’s head with a tiara that Miss Piggy had found just for the occasion. The tulle gently swept down from the tiara with a gentle grace that only accentuated the dress.

Neither Gonzo nor Camilla could take their eyes off of each other. The ceremony seemed to go by in a flourish. Tears started streaming from the eyes of the female portion of the wedding party when they saw how committed the couple was when Camilla signed her vows and Gonzo understood without translation. Instead of a unity candle ceremony, they borrowed a page from one of their many movies signing, clucking and singing.

“He'll make me happy
Each time I see him
He'll be the reason
My heart can sing
He'll stand beside me
And now I'm everything.”

“She'll make me happy
Each time I hold her
And I will follow
where my heart may lead
And she'll be all I'll ever need”
The audience picked up the next lines:
“Days go passing into years
Years go passing day by day.
She'll make him happy
Now and forever
Until forever
their love will grow
She only knows
he'll make her happy
That's all she needs to know.
They'll be so happy
Now and forever
Until forever
their love will grow”

“I only know
He'll make me happy
That's all I need...to...know...”

The cheering as Gonzo and Camilla made their way up the isle was nothing compared to the reception afterwards.

The Electric Mayhem kept everyone on their feet and dancing except when it was time to eat the cake. Somehow the Chef had managed to make one edible piece for the wedding and luckily it was the cake.

The party only wrapped up in the wee hours of the morning when Camilla and Gonzo had to steal away for the honeymoon.

“One more song before you depart for the fabulous destination of recreation,” Dr. Teeth announced, striking up the band for a specially rehearsed number just for Gonzo and Camilla.

“I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering, splendid
Tell me, princess, now when did
You last let your heart decide?

I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under
On a magic carpet ride

A whole new world
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us no
Or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming

A whole new world
A dazzling place I never knew
But when I'm way up here
It's crystal clear
That now I'm in a whole new world with you
Now I'm in a whole new world with you

Unbelievable sights
Indescribable feeling
Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling
Through an endless diamond sky

A whole new world
Don't you dare close your eyes
A hundred thousand things to see
Hold your breath - it gets better
I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I can't go back to where I used to be

A whole new world
Every turn a surprise
With new horizons to pursue
Every moment red-letter
I'll chase them anywhere
There's time to spare
Let me share this whole new world with you

A whole new world
That's where we'll be
A thrilling chase
A wondrous place
For you and me”

They laughed together as they ran out in the shower of birdseed to start their life together.