1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Great Muppet Caper

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Fozzie Bear, Jul 31, 2006.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

So uh... Would you be the right person to ask about who Beverly and Marie were in that scene where Lady Holiday's chiding Nicky's girls?

2. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

Um, maybe. Marie is the model who is chewing gum that Lady Holiday chastises in the dressing room just before the fashion show. Hmm--let me try that again.

In the dressing room, before the fashion show begins and everything is all a-flutter, a model walks by Lady Holiday and Lady Holiday says, "I don't think we should be chewing gum, Marie." Marie looks maybe a little chastised, and takes the gum out. I'll look for Beverly tomorrow, um, today--yeah, later today. Must...find...bed...go...to...sleep.....

3. The Count

OK... Beverly is the other model from around that same point, I believe Lady Holiday criticizes her for plucking her eyebrows...
    But the real question I have...

Of the following, who portrayed Marie?
    Katia Borg.
    Valli Kemp.
    Michelle Ivan-Zeddah.
    Chi Lee.

And of those four actresses, which one portrayed Beverly, if you can find her?

Thanks for your expert help Catherine, oh and I sent you some PM mail also.
    Hope you're able to sleep well.

4. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

How do you know that Frank Oz directed that scene?

5. Princeton

Princeton Guest

I don't remember where I heard it, but I did hear it somewhere.

6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Um....that scene was actually there forthe British, who happen to find it the number one most hilarious and quotable scene in the movie...

7. Mike Quinn

Mike Quinn Member

They built replica foam Muppets and actually threw them out of a plane for the wide shots. Most of them landed in farmer's fields over Hatfield, England!!! :D I''m niot sure if they ever actually found them all - ha haaa!!!

8. Mike Quinn

Mike Quinn Member

Well let's see here... as I remember, they had different sizes of Miss Piggy masks. The one that dove into the pool was a young girl. I think her foam head got all waterlogged and caused her a few problems during shooting.

The one walking off over the cobblestones with the church bells in the background was Kiran Shah of Narnia fame.

The motorcycle piggy was stunt man Colin Skeaping.

So there! Three different performers.

9. Mike Quinn

Mike Quinn Member

By the way trivia fans....
    Remember when Gonzo looks out the hotel room window at the pidgeons? Well those pidgeon sounds were actually added in post by Louise Gold and Kathy Mullen!
    You learn something new every day huh?

10. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Wow! I didn't these facts until you told me! Thanks!

11. Mike Quinn

Mike Quinn Member

And I'm sure you all knew that was Muppet builder (and now Disney Imagineer) Amy Van Gilder sitting next to Jim Henson in the Dubonnet Club, right?

12. The Count

Thank you for coming here and answering some of our long-standing TGMC questions Mr. Quinn.
    Um... Is it correctly written as "Dubonnet Club"? Thought it was "Dubonne".
    And would you be the right person to finally get some closure regarding the names of the models simply listed in the credits as First-Fourth Model?
    Hope to hear from you soon, have a great weekend.

13. Mike Quinn

Mike Quinn Member

Oh you are welcome. TGMC was a special time for me and I have many fond memories. I'll check on the club name.. I may be wrong.... 26 years can do things to your brain!

All I have for models is:
    Erica Creer ... Marla
    Kate Howard ... Carla
    Della Finch ... Darla

If there's anyone else, they would have just been unnamed extras.

Keep those questions coming....

14. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Yeah, that is the right spelling for the club. Or at least, it's certainly how I would spell/pronounce it...and it is in England...and I am English...

Not that this makes any difference to the spelling, however, I am pretty sure that it is spelt "Dubonnet Club" and yet pronounced "Dubonne."

Beau

15. The Count

OK Bo... Will make the changes.

Thanks for the info Mr. Quinn.
    The four models I'm refering to were the ones portrayed by Katia Borg, Valli Kemp, Michelle Ivan-Zeddah, and Chi Lee.
    There was a scene where Lady Holiday was criticizing the girls' appearances before the preview of the fashion line... And I heard her call two of them Beverly and Marie. Asking which of those would have been portrayed by the four actresses I named in this post, unable to match up the onscreen shots with photos of said actresses due to my degree of blindness.

That's pretty much why I ask these questions, also to update/maintain my impressive Muppet Listings (not sure if you've browsed through it's length in the fifteenth version, working on #16).
    Thanks for your help, hope you still have a great weekend.

16. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

My favorite moments, in no particular chronological order:

-All the night scenes with the whole gang driving around London on the hotel bus.
    -The bicycle scene.
    -Richard Hunt and Kathy Mullen as the hacked-off cab driver and the wilted-looking passenger. (These days, whenever we watch the Muppet films, we like to play 'Spot the Muppeteer.')
    -The nighttime raid on the Mallory Gallery.
    -The big Happiness Hotel number.
    -The closing credits with the gang floating down on parachutes.

My favorite scenes are pretty much those with all the Muppets in them.

17. Mike Quinn

Mike Quinn Member

Did ya spot Frank Oz in this movie?...

18. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's in the bacground in the newsroom, wearing a wig, when Gonzo yells, "Stop the presses!!!"

19. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

Me too, Lips rocks my socks

20. Mike Quinn

Mike Quinn Member

I recall asking Steve Whitmire what happened to Lips, probably when we were doing Muppets Wizard of Oz. As I recall he said that he was officially retired from the gang - probably because they didn't know what to do with him. Same for Beauregard, although I must say I miss him. I'd like to see him return. Anyone else?