The Great Space Coaster

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
now this show is like some wierd far off distant cousin of the muppets!
let's see who do we have workin on this show here
Jim Matin (who's work is amazing check his link below)
John Lovelady
Valerie Harper
oh whos this Kevin Clash performing Goriddle Gorilla who has always reminded me a heck of allot like animals ever since I was little...actully I remember my mom buying me a Goriddle Gorilla doll and trying to tell me it was Animal I just gave her a dirty look I think or cried haha but boy oh boy do I wish that I had that doll now!
btw check this page out!
Jim Martin
The Great Space coaster

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... It was his work on The Great Space Coaster as Goriddle Gorilla that led Kevin to develop the SS character of Hoots the Owl.

Oh, BTW... Me thinks this thread might be better suited for one of the other sections of the boards like the Puppetry section.
Don't worry VM, took a while for some of us to get the ropes as to where to post what thread.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
The Count said:
Actually... It was his work on The Great Space Coaster as Goriddle Gorilla that led Kevin to develop the SS character of Hoots the Owl.

Oh, BTW... Me thinks this thread might be better suited for one of the other sections of the boards like the Puppetry section.
Don't worry VM, took a while for some of us to get the ropes as to where to post what thread.
yea there should be a like "other cool puppet shows" section :big_grin:
thats also awsome hoots is an awsome character one I really wanted in plastic form from the Sesame figures line :frown:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You and me both. BTW: Would you happen to have the James Cocoa TMS episode handy? Got a question or two 'bout some characters there.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
The Count said:
You and me both. BTW: Would you happen to have the James Cocoa TMS episode handy? Got a question or two 'bout some characters there.
yea that would be great!
sadly no count about your question I'm going nutts I had a bit of a panic attack when I first moved to los angeles and sent some boxes back to my mothers house thinking I was moving back to pensilvania but noooo I stayed in los angeles and am doing fine besides the fact my mother has all my muppet things including my muppet figures except kermit and pigs in space piggy of course oh and Beauregard for some reason...
:crazy:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
woa I just watched the clip of the character Rory everyone go listen to him this is the first time we ever see him do the Elmo voice it sooooo does not fit this character lol

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
S'okay then. At least you know you got your figures well taken care of.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
"Although The Great Space Coaster will always have a special meaning to Jim, he considers working for the Jim Henson Company and having the opportunity to stand beside Jim Henson and right-hand Ernie on Sesame Street to be his career highlight.
Jim's thoughts on Jim Henson
Jim Henson is truly an icon of television. His creativity, style, and humor was (and is) timeless. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to have not only met him, but to have watched him work and to have learned from him. He changed the look of television puppetry, and earned puppets a higher professional respect."​
NOTE : man why is it anytime anyone say anything about jim henson I cry bla I'm such a big baby lol but it is way cool we just learn he was ernies right hand!

Xerus

Reaction score
Jim Martin was another of my favorite puppeteers. That MT Promises voice was pretty spooky. And I'll always remember Gary Gnu's unusual voice. :smile:

In Sesame Street, Jim performed Preston Rabbit and the grouch magician, The Great Blechinni. These days, he's now a director and only rarely performs a Muppet.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
it was great to see them use the theme to the great space coaster on family guy this past week!!!! I about died when I saw that hehe:crazy: :excited: