The Great Space Coaster

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I remember seeing TGSC way back in the early 80s. I especially liked all of "The Gary Gnu Show" segments (except for one - where he appeared upside down near the end), and I remember Baxter the Clown. One episode from the 1983-84 season had a scene with a video game spoof of Pac-Man, called Bax-Man. I even remember seeing one episode which used footage from the Australian film "Dot and the Kangaroo" from around 1977 or so (and I first learned about Dot in "The Electric Company Magazine" around September 1983 - I never knew she was perpetually barefoot until I saw the video clip). That clip was only shown in December 1983 and June 1984, if I recall - implying that an average season of TGSC had 26 episodes.

And was it the character Fran whom Valerie Harper portrayed? Harper sounds like someone associated with a sitcom - but what sitcom?

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I absolutely love this show. The puppetry is amazing and so is the writing and the characters. My favorite character on this show is probably Baxter and I also love Rockin' Rory