The Great Weight Loss Race

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Let's see, I ran 10 miles yesterday and 9 miles saturday. Tonight I'm trying to run 7 miles, maybe more.

ryan

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Weird! My harddrive also crashed.

I have lost *drum roll* 12 pounds!

It really weird because it feels like more (in terms of how my pants fit and how I look in the mirror) but i guess that is just how this slow and painful process goes!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I'm finally posting in this thread!

Time for the good news: I had an appointment with my endo...whatchamacallit doctor today, and apparently since my last visit (which was well over three months ago), my triclyerites, insolin level, blood sugar level, and even my blood pressure all have drop dramatically (even though they all still are fairly high). And apparently, I'm no longer even close to being a diabetic. I do, however, still have to lose a total of 142 pounds.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I ran 8 1/2 miles saturday on the treadmill and yesterday I ran 9 miles outside. My god was I almost about to pass out due to the sun getting in my face and making me feel sick yesterday.

ryan

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's been over a year since someone has posted in this thread, but I've got some good news...

In my second favorite episode of M*A*S*H, "The M*A*S*H Olympics", one of the subplots of the episode includes Klinger being overjoyed at learning that if you're TOO overweight, then you're considered too fat to be a good soldier, and can be discharged. After learning that, Klinger goes on a feeding frenzy by eating large hunks of salami, and equally large loafs of French bread. At one point, Klinger walks into Colonel Potter's office and exclaims "50 more pounds, and I'm homeward-bound!".

Well, as of today, I'm saying the exact same thing, only with a different meaning: I'm trying to gain 50 more pounds by eating my way to a discharge, but rather as of now, if I lose 50 more pounds, I'll FINALLY be at my ideal weight!

When I went to the doctor today, I learned that since my last visit, I lost a total of ten pounds, which is the most weight I've lost in a long time. But I still have to lose 50 more pounds before I'm at my ideal weight.

While I'm overjoyed at that thought, I'm also kind of saddened by the fact that because of my body structure, I'm still going to be a big guy: not "big" fat, but "big" as in... well, just a big guy. I assume like maybe David Ogden Stiers circa the late 70s/early 80s, I don't know.

But, there's my progress report for the thread!

Davina

Reaction score
woohoo for you!
that's great news. my trek is going very very slowly i'm afraid. Since I posted a year ago I went to the doctor and found out what had been going on with me. Lots of problems.. PCOS and insulin resistance being the big ones.. I've since been put on meds to regulate everything and now that my hormones are more or less balanced I am slowly starting to loose weight.. though it's hard as one of the side effects of the meds i'm on can be weight _gain_ But, I"m working on it and am slowly starting to see progress.

stardustdanny

Reaction score
Hey this a good idear:big_grin: . My weight is ok, I just want to eat smaller portions of food 'cause... I tend to go over board. Also I would love to get more active because ever since school let out I've got nothing to do. And I guess I've already started 'cause just on Monday I took a five hour bike ride w/ my little bro and my dad. So good luck to all of you....your gonna need it:smirk: . And ignore those cravings. I'll try my hardest.

Telly

Reaction score
I've been eating healthier and walking at least 2 miles everyday. I've lost 20 pounds within two months. My weight right now is 220 pounds, but my goal is to be 140 - 150 pounds. I'm hoping to achieve that by next summer.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My weight right now is 220 pounds.
That's about what my IDEAL weight is! 220-225, something like that. Like I said, because of family history and what not, even though I'd be in shape, I'm still going to be built like a big guy; heck, my mom even said if I was a football player, no one would be able to get past me.