The Great Weight Loss Race

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
D'Snowth posted in his thread about being border-line diabetic, and it reminded me of a time when I had to lose weight and stop eating so much sugary foods (and those with carbohydrates) because I was borderline diabetic as well.

I offered up a weight-loss race, and he's accepted. Cool thing is, who can lose weight the quickest. Bad thing is, winner only wins weight loss--there's a fabulous "No Prize" being offered! (However, whoever can lose the most weight the quickest gets a free Muley drawing! :rolleyes: yippee.)

I decided to open this thread up to everyone in the forums so that we can get started together and kick our fat selves into gear! :smile:

My ideal weight is 165 pounds, and I'm at 5'10" tall at 205. I'm fat!!

My plan is this: Riding my bike about an hour each day, sit ups and lifting my 10 lb. weight to get my puppet arms back in shape, and to cut out carbs again.

Problem: I love potatoes, bread, and chocolate. But, I have to give it all up.

My cheating will be on Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.

If we have any nutritionists or dieticians on the boards who can help us out by helping us plan a menu, etc, please speak up!

Who's next in line to step up to the weight-loss race challenge?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
You know what I really should sign up for this, I'm about 5' 11" and I'm 200lbs. I think I'll join too!

My ideal weight: 160lbs.

Plan: Jogging, and sit ups/push ups.

Problem: I love starches, and fried foods, not so musch the fried as the starches, but I'll have to give them all up...:frown:

Cheating: Thanksgiving, Christmas dinners, and special nights out.

This is a really good thing for me! Thanks for starting this up Kev!

BEAR

Reaction score
Oh what the *HONK*...I'll do it too.

I used to be in much much better shape than I am now, like tip top condition. I am not that bad right now but I could lose a little weight and tone up more. I used to work out all the time but in the last year I have gotten so busy with school and other stuff and not been able to exercise as much as I should be or use to. And when you slack off, after a while you get soft. On top of all that, I love good food and I can't help it. It's the holiday season which is the hardest time to lose weight. Our bodies naturally want to eat more during the colder seasons too.

I am 6'1" and weigh about 210lbs.

My target weight: 190lbs.

Problems: I think my biggest problem is late night snacking. I could weigh significantly less if I cut off all the midnight meals that I have been allowing myself to have lately. I enjoy sweet things and wine (which is full of calories). I will have to stop eating after a certain time if I can help it and will cut back on the goodies and find alternatives.

Plan: I will get back to doing weight lifting and more cardio. I have already been jogging atleast 2 or 3 times per week. I will continue to do that.

Cheating: Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.

I am glad this is being started. Very inspiring. It sort of goes along with Sesame Street's healthy foods campaign this season. Let's do our part!

Maybe every day we can come here and log in what we ate and did for exercise. That way we can keep track of each other and see how it progresses. As for weight goes, maybe at the end of each week we can put our weight in here too.

jediX

Reaction score
Sure, why not. I've been doing this kind of thing for a year now and have already lost all the weight I gained in my depression after high school graduation. My first love broke up with me about a month before graduation because her parents thought she needed to be on antidepressants for some reason so I'd eat four doublestacks (a pound of meat), medium fry, and a large regular Coke at Wendy's every other day for a month. In fact, the day she broke up with me, I ate a double triple (six, count em, six quarter-pound beef patties), Biggie fry, 5-piece nuggets with 12 grams of fat honey mustard, and a Biggie Size regular Coke.

It was bad. Trust me. I didn't eat for two days after that.

I've since lost all of that weight and then some. I was 215, 5'7" when I left 8th grade and was 190 when I got to high school (plus I grew a few inches taller). I went back to that weight during the depression (plus I stayed inside for three months). Since then, I've been around 5'11" and 195, but I have a very muscular build and a majority of the "extra" weight is muscle.

Problems: Severe asthma prevents me from cardiovascular exercises. There's no point in doing them when you max out from jogging 1/8th of a mile and your lungs begin to fill with fluid...

Plan: Continue my current diet. I've been eating at least one meal of grilled chicken a day for the past year-and-a-half. When I eat out, I always choose Wendy's Ultimate Chicken Grill sandwich (7 grams of fat and it fills you up). Since switching to that magical wonder sandwich, I've maintained my weight.

Cheating: Halloween was the first time I've had more than a Hershey's miniature (I was eating one of those of dark chocolate a day because that's apparently healthy) in chocolate. I'm not a candy/sweets type of person to begin with. However, I'm a pizza addict. I cannot live without it. It has become a family tradition in my house to have pizza on Friday nights, so I'm not going to stop. I will cut back on how many slices I eat, though.

Whatever

Reaction score
I doubt I'll win this, but I'm trying to lose weight by walking six miles a day. I'm slightly over 65 kilos (I think; haven't checked the scale lately). The problem is that I got out and buy a 200 g bag of Basset's licorice allsorts once a week and eat them all up. Usually in one sitting. I have no seld-control.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Oh sweet, I so need youse' guys as my support group. But first I gotta' say to BEAR; you're pretty tall, you sure you need to lose weight? You sound like you're in pretty good shape, bud! Just a thought... or am I trying to play mind games with you and win the Muley drawing!? Bwah ha ha!:crazy:

Okay, kids... fasten yer' seatbelts 'cause they don't call me Big Dave for nothin'!

Current - 6'5" and at my heaviest ever at a whopping 258 pounds. Being tall, it flows okay and most people pass it up by thinking I can just kick their butts if they say somethin', but I've been gettin' winded really easily lately, so it's time to get back in shape.

Target - If I can drop 48lbs, I'b be happy at 210, like I said; I'm very tall, and I don't wanna' be skinny per-say, just trim.

Plan - Believe it or not, I have a membership to a gym. I may be out of shape, but I'm no light-weight either. The problem is that my wife is still recovering from her appendix surgery, so we're not going back to the gym anytime too soon, so in the mean time; I've started a new excercise that's a good cardio and works all four limbs; I push the car around the block. This along with cutting back on all the cookies, candy, chips and fast food should help me drop 'em fast.

Problems - I love food. I love to eat. My wife is a PHENOMINAL Italian cook, and I'm not exactly the kind of guy who can just quit that sorta' thing cold turkey... Mmmm turkey... Also, due to the holiday season, I'm workin' late to meet a lot of deadlines, so I don't eat until later at night which really screws with yer' body' metabolism. Maybe I can bring a light dinner to work and eat it on the ride home.:confused:

Cheating - On the weekends, I gotta' splurge a little, not binge, just splurge. Cheeseburgers are my primary source of fuel, and I could never leave them outta' the picture, so I confess; I'll be stickin' to bein' a carnivore regardless.

BTW -While I love the support team we got goin' here; the time of year we've chosen to do this, what with all the holiday goodies, really sucks.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Currently: 5'7'', and (get this...)283lbs!!! If you all think you're fat, I could be the next Drew Carey!

My Target: I don't really know... my doctor's wanting to start off by trying to drop AT LEAST 13 lbs. I plan to walk everyday, maybe do a little Richard Simmons, and serious cut back on sugary treats, drop my "man-breast", and use the splurge system...(only have sugary treats on Saturdays.)

I did once a few years ago dropped a whoppin' 35 lbs!

I really hope to change my ways, I'm 16 years old, and I'm having to wear 2X and 3X clothes!:eek:

Let's give up, and wish each other luck!!!

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
I think this is a really cool idea..........I wish all of you the best of luck and I am keeping my current weight a secret for right now. But who knows....I might join in.

(Plus I had surgery, so me competeing wouldn't be fair...LOL)

Sugar...er...Splendabritchez

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :excited:

F

furryredmonster

I guess I could give it a try... don't really have much weight to loose but who cares? :zany: :zany: :zany:

Target: Try to eat healthier... that's all really. I just want to eat healthier...

Problem: I am sooooo unhealthy. Eating fries and icecream everyday... not eating breakfast everyday... has to go!!!