1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"The Green Album" track list and album artwork

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by TheMonsterAteMe, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. brkndwnbus

brkndwnbus Active Member

Yeah, I found the combining interesting, too. I don't have a firm opinion on it just yet. I'll need a couple more listens to it.
    I really want to hear Weezer's version of "Rainbow Connection."
  2. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Good to see a new Muppet CD being released and I will buy it, but it is a little odd, a Muppets album with no Muppets?

Chris
  3. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

I think the reason they are releasing it with no muppets is to show how cool they are. You release an album with muppets and people will pass it by saying "thats for kids" but you release covers by bands and people will pick it up because of the bands and then they may actually like the songs themselves and check out "The Muppets"
    beakerboy12 and Duke Remington like this.
  4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I like it! I'm not one for buying CD's but this seems like one I want to hear!
  5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

That OK Go cover of the Muppet Show theme was....uh, rather cryptic. And I'm one of those few weirdos into experimental avant garde psychedellic art rock stuff.
  6. dwayne1115

I don't know the intro sounds way off and i was wondering if it was the real deal, but when they start singing the song I really liked it. I have been singing it in my head all day.
  7. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Leaked on Youtube:
    Amy Lee - Halfway Down the Stairs
    dwayne1115 and Frogpuppeteer like this.
  8. dwayne1115

I'm giving this a listen right now and wow I really like this! I'm so going to buy this Cd!
    Nick22 likes this.
  9. matleo

matleo Active Member

hmm...when I follow that link all I get is a blank screen. heard the "halfway down" cover but didn't care much for it. For my money, it really isn't a 'Muppet' song originally and the only reason it is so popular when the Muppets did it is because of what Jerry Nelson brought to it. I may download a few of the songs off iTunes when it is released but by and large I'll be passing on this.
  10. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

This CD looks pretty interesting! :) I'm mostly excited for Weezer's "Rainbow Connection," The Fray's "Mahna Mahna," and Amy Lee's "Halfway Down the Stairs."

EDIT: Just listened to the leaked "Halfway Down the Stairs." I like it a lot! I'm so excited to hear the rest of the album!
    frogboy4 likes this.
  11. muppetsliveon

muppetsliveon Member

Can somebody try uploading a different link to the ok go cover? I can't get it to work.
  12. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

Same here... I don't usually like tribute albums... just recently wanted to get "Almost Alice" based on Burton's Wonderland, and after listening to it, I changed my mind... I want to hear THE GREEN ALBUM, though, because I actually know these songs and are covers, let alone songs "inspired by".
  13. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

OMG! When did they announce the contest winner?
  15. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

thats a shame on the shirt but going to jump on this offer
  16. TheMonsterAteMe

TheMonsterAteMe Active Member

It's BS about the shirt... I refuse to buy it just on principal..
    frogboy4 likes this.
  17. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

BOO!! :grr: Ugh. I'm so disappointed that you didn't win, Jamie. I'm really sorry, my friend. You know that you're the winner in all of our minds. You deserved it, your design took the most time and effort, and it's a crying shame that you didn't get the prize. I wish there was a way the Mindset could sell your shirt... but of course Disney won't share the wealth.

In other news... you can now listen to My Morning Jacket's cover of "Our World"
    http://www.spin.com/articles/exclusive-my-morning-jacket-cover-muppets

It might curb the disappointment of Jamie not winning... BOO! :boo:
    redBoobergurl and frogboy4 like this.
  18. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

There's nothing on Threadless yet, this is the closest thing to info we have on a winner.
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Congrats to the winner. I admit to feeling kind of strange about this.

On one hand, the Green Album cover designer had a very similar idea to mine and somehow this was closely linked to the tee-shirt contest. It could be pure coincidence and I can understand why they wouldn't want competing visuals for their package deal. It's a compliment that the official album cover designer and I have the same thoughts on composition so I'll take that.

On the other hand, I completely expected the *blue balloon* design to be the selected winner over mine. It's fun, beautifully drawn and is printed on a base-color. It's truly the most marketable of the final contestants. I've sold shirts in shops before and white ones are a tougher sell. That one would have moved a lot of units.

The fact that the stripes holds the highest number of total votes on the Threadless site makes it appear that either the contestant or the site padded the votes. That's 2049 total for him that came all at once, 1722 for mine that was up for a week longer and 1028 for the third place design. Someone really wanted that Benetton Muppet stripes design to win, but the votes didn't matter anyway. I'm disappointed to have lost, but I'm a little offended to have lost to that particular design for both aesthetic grounds and its swift last-minute rise to the top. I'd feel better having been edged-out by any of the other top contestants. Ultimately Threadless and Disney pick the winner and that's the way they decided to go with it so I concede to their wishes.

I've always maintained the Lew Zeland was my favorite over all of them! Thanks everybody for the support. Once Threadless makes the announcement on their site I will figure out the best method to distribute my design if you guys want it.
  20. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

If only there was a way we could still buy your design on a shirt, FrogBoy4... I thought it was the best by far! It was beautifully drawn, it looks like it took a LOT of work (which it probably did), and it best represented the contest theme. I hope we see it someday in stores or online! ;-) Congrats to the winner, though...
    frogboy4 likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.