"The Green Album" track list and album artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Interesting that they combined parts from the fifth season version and the first season.

This song also been added to Muppet Central Radio. I'll add the other songs as soon as we're able to get them (hopefully before the release date).
Yeah, I found the combining interesting, too. I don't have a firm opinion on it just yet. I'll need a couple more listens to it.
I really want to hear Weezer's version of "Rainbow Connection."

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Good to see a new Muppet CD being released and I will buy it, but it is a little odd, a Muppets album with no Muppets?

Chris

MWoO

Reaction score
I think the reason they are releasing it with no muppets is to show how cool they are. You release an album with muppets and people will pass it by saying "thats for kids" but you release covers by bands and people will pick it up because of the bands and then they may actually like the songs themselves and check out "The Muppets"

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I like it! I'm not one for buying CD's but this seems like one I want to hear!

beaker

Reaction score
That OK Go cover of the Muppet Show theme was....uh, rather cryptic. And I'm one of those few weirdos into experimental avant garde psychedellic art rock stuff.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't know the intro sounds way off and i was wondering if it was the real deal, but when they start singing the song I really liked it. I have been singing it in my head all day.

matleo

Reaction score
Here is a link to OK Go's "Muppet Show Theme."

http://disneymusicgroup.net/wdr/muppets/soundtrack/
hmm...when I follow that link all I get is a blank screen. heard the "halfway down" cover but didn't care much for it. For my money, it really isn't a 'Muppet' song originally and the only reason it is so popular when the Muppets did it is because of what Jerry Nelson brought to it. I may download a few of the songs off iTunes when it is released but by and large I'll be passing on this.

Nick22

Reaction score
This CD looks pretty interesting! :smile: I'm mostly excited for Weezer's "Rainbow Connection," The Fray's "Mahna Mahna," and Amy Lee's "Halfway Down the Stairs."

EDIT: Just listened to the leaked "Halfway Down the Stairs." I like it a lot! I'm so excited to hear the rest of the album!

Status
Not open for further replies.