1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The "Have You Ever Wondered..." Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Oct 15, 2011.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Have you ever wondered why out of all the cartoon characters out there who don't wear pants why Donald Duck is the only one who gets flack for it? Bugs Bunny, Wakko Warner, Red Guy, it's okay for these guys to parade around without any pants, but when Donald Duck does, it's a big deal? Really?
  2. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

At least Bugs Bunny doesn't wear any clothes, unlike Porky Pig.
  3. D'Snowth

Have you ever wondered why on TV, the interior sets like people's apartments and such (Jerry Seinfeld's apartment for example) are never completely square or rectangular? Like Jerry's apartment is almost triangular, you never see arcitecture like that in real life.
  4. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

So its easier to film room to room I guess.
  5. D'Snowth

One thing I've wondered, and maybe Drtooth might know something about this, is when exactly was this FCC regulation implemented that a television series has to have a minimum of five seasons in order to be syndicated? It has to have been in more recent years, because that doesn't explain how certain older shows that didn't last that long, such as The Munsters, a bunch of Hanna-Barbera's Saturday Morning cartoons, Sid & Marty Krofft shows, or even most standard four-season 52-episode cartoons are able to still be seen in reruns today.
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Someone suggested this, and now it's making me curious:

Have you ever wondered why instead of making tons of pairs of 3D glasses to wear at 3D movies, they can't just make another pull-down screen in front of the movie screen that is made out of the same material as the lenses? If they could do it, it would probably be easier than to make all of those pairs of glasses. I would imagine it would save money too. Plus, since people are so big on "eco-friendly" stuff, it would also be less wasteful, as instead of having to keep making new pairs, you just have a screen that can be used as many times as you need it.
  7. D'Snowth

Probably because the material would have to be right up against eye, or as close as possible for the best results... like which would work better, actually looking through prescription glasses to see, or watching a TV or a movie with a screen made from your prescription?
  8. D'Snowth

Have you ever wondered, after all he's gone through in life, especially childhood, how it is that George Costanza never turned out to be a pathological, psychopathic serial killer?
  9. Sgt Floyd

Ok, what is with this mustache fad? I don't get it :confused:
  10. D'Snowth

I didn't know there was a fad going on with mustaches right now...

I had a mustache for half a year last year, I rully liked it, and I had grown it for two reasons...

1) I always wanted to grow a mustache... I don't know why, I just did.
    2) It helped because I have this curse of being a "baby face", I don't like people assuming I'm much younger than I am because I have a baby face.

I also eventually grew a goatee for a few months or so, I kind of liked it too, but in recent months, I got rid of both of them and am clean-shaven again.

I guess it's like what's with girls and bangs? Personally, I'm not a fan of long bangs, it's kind of a shifty look (like in those old speak-easies where the good guys wore their hats back, while the bad guys wore them low so the brims would make shadows around their eyes and such), plus, I liked to be able to see some forehead.
  11. Sgt Floyd

Not with real facial hair, I mean like stickers of what look like the pringles guy mustache. Or drawing one on your finger and holding it up to your lip. Mostly girls seem to be really obsessed with it right now :/
    bandit likes this.
  12. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

You live in a much stranger clime than I do, friend. Except for "mustache day" once a year at my last workplace, have seen nothing of the sort anywhere.

Hey Snowth. Soul patch!
    ----------
  13. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Thank you! I've been wondering this too. I see it all over the dang place! Even in Big Bang Theory. I don't get it and if someone knows, please enlighten us!
  14. Sgt Floyd

This is just my own curiosity, but since it doesn't fit anywhere else, how do you distinguish fanboys and fangirls? Is it simply gender based or is it under specific conditions?

I personally relate a fanboy to gaming mainly, but also overall general series, and fangirl to anyone who obsesses over a specific celebrity or fictional character, but I'm not sure if that is actually the correct way of using the terms.
  15. D'Snowth

I just generalize the term with the respective gender in regards to whatever it is they're a fan of... like us for example, I'd be a Muppet Fanboy, and you'd be a Muppet Fangirl.
  16. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

What the meaning of life is?

Also, I'm surprised no one asked "Why are there so many songs about rainbows?"
  17. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

So if someone was a huge fan of that Nick character Fanboy, then they would be a Fanboy Fanboy?
  18. Sgt Floyd

But the real question is, how many fans are fans of Fanboy to begin with
  19. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Not me. Never really watched it, but it looks terrible.
  20. D'Snowth

Have you ever wondered where dust comes from, and why it exists at all?