1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Henson Connection

Discussion in 'Games' started by Fozzie Bear, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

he did?

Steve martin did "the Jerk" w beredette Peteres who was on Season 2 of TMS and SNL w/ Gorchs
  2. Kimp the Shrimp

he did?

Steve martin did "the Jerk" w beredette Peteres who was on Season 2 of TMS and SNL w/ corchs
  3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Steve Martin first hosted Saturday Night Live during the secodn season, after the muppets had stopped appearing on the show. The muppets only appeared regularly during the first season. The last time the Gorch muppets appeared on SNL was in the secodn season premier, hosted by Lilly Thomlin. The muppets didn't appear on the show again untill december 2004, with guest host Robert DeNiro.

Anyway, here is a connection:

Steve Martin was in Little Shop of Horrors, which was directed by muppet performer Frank Oz, included on-screen cameos by Jim Hensosn daughter, Heather Henson, and puppet builder Mak Wilson, nd also featured many Henson puppeteers (including Brian Henson) operating Audrey II.
  4. Harvey Towers

Harvey Towers Active Member

Steve Martin presented "Parrot Sketch" not included, a best of Monty Python program, which featured John Cleese who (like Steve Martin) made a guest appearance on TMS and also in a Muppet Movie...
  5. minor muppetz

According to the book Sesame Street Unpaved, the Sesame Street skit where Jim Carrey demonstrated happy feet and sad feet was originally written with Steve Martin in mind, but for some reason Steve Martin chose not to appear on Sesame Street (i'm not sure if he turned down a chance to be on the show, or if he was too busy, or what the deal is).
  6. Kimp the Shrimp

there was SS Plushes in Father of the Bride II staring Steve Martin
  7. minor muppetz

another connection

muppet performer Frank Oz has directed many movies that Steve Martin appeared in, including Little Shop of Horrors, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Father of the Bride, and Bowfinger.
  8. Kimp the Shrimp

when does this stop and we get the next peroson
  9. minor muppetz

My original rule was for the person who started the round to end the round either in a day or a day and a half. So hopefully Mrs pepper will select a new member to start the next round. Besides, it looks like we might be running out of Steve Martin refferences.
  10. Kimp the Shrimp

can i start one?
  11. minor muppetz

Well, according to my original rules, when somebody picks a topic, he or she should let people post a connection for a day or a day and a half. Mrs Pepper hasn't chosen the next person to play yet, and it is past her time to pick, so since I started this game, then I will let you pick the next topic.

I apologize to Mrs. Pepper.
  12. Kimp the Shrimp

Thank You

Micheal Eisner
  13. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Oh sorry guys. Kind of forgot. :)

Michael Eisner, president of Disney, techinically owns t3h muppetz0rz.
  14. Kimp the Shrimp

Disney owns ABC that Showed Muppets Tonight
  15. minor muppetz

Michael Eisner introduced The Muppets At Walt Disney World when it first aired on television.
  16. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Apparantly on the american broadcast of MWoO (it wasn't on the canadian broadcast on the CBC) Michael Eisner interrupted at the halfway point to say a few words.
  17. Kimp the Shrimp

Eisner pursuded the Muppets from jim henson before he passed away
  18. minor muppetz

That is correct.
  19. minor muppetz

When A Muppet family Christmas was rerun on The Wonderful World Of Disney (or whatever the shows title was back then) in 1989 the special had a new introduction featuring kermit and Michael Eisner, where Eisner gave Kermit a copy of a Disney movie (I think) and Kermit gave Eisner a copy of MFC.
  20. Kimp the Shrimp

New title

Saturday Night Live