The Henson Connection

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here is another connection:

In The Muppet Show epsiode with Harvey Korman, during At The Dance, Zoot asks janice if he wants to come over to his place to listen to the Beetles. Janice msitakenly thought that Zoot was talking about the band and said that she loves their music, to which Zoot replies that he meant real beetles (ants, termites....).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
anybody else want to try?

Well, we have a few more hours before I choose somebody else to pick a subject for us to find a Henson connection with. This round will only last a little longer.

Another connection:

In the Muppets Tonight! episode with Tony Bennett, at the beginning, Johnny Fiama is showing off his Tony Bennett merchandise, and one of the items is an album called "Tony Bennets Lonely Hearts Club band", which supposedley came out "A week before those other guys". This album is a parody of The beatles album "Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band."

Only a few mroe hours before I pick somebody who has participaited to pick a subject for the next round.....

minor muppetz

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
Tony Bennet and Kermit recorded "Bein' Green."

Does that work???:confused:
No. The topic I picked was The Beatles. Members must post one conncection between The Beatles and anything that directly has to do with Henson. Anybody who participates gets a chance to be chosen to pick the next topic. I will pick somebody who has participated to choose the next topic. Do you understand now?

:sing:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
the winner

Well, this round is over. Mrs Pepper is the only member who has played this game properly. Mrs Pepper, you start the next round. Pick a topic, have us members (and yourself) list one connection per post, and then, when you are done, choose another forum member (who has played) to pick a topic tomorrow night.

By the way, here are some other Henson/ Beatles connections that nobody listed:

1. The Beatles songs Windy, Help!, and Yellow Submarine have all been performed on Sesame Street.

2. The Beatles songs I'm Looking Through You, In My Life, and She Loves You have been performed on The Muppet Show.

3. The Beatles song I Wanna Hold Your Hand was parodied as I Wanna Hold Your ear on Sesame Street.

4. Sgt. Floyd Peppers name and original outfit were inspired by the beatles album Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band.

5. The beatles song Come Together was performed by the Muppets on The Ed Sullivan Show.

Anyways, congraduations, Mrs Pepper. Choose a topic as soon as you can.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm just bumping this thread up so that it will remain on the first page.

:stick_out_tongue:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Thank you minormuppetz.

Well Known person: Steve Martin

Connection 1: Played a cameo in TMM as the waiter with the really short pants.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Steve Martin Cconnection 2

Guest stared on The Muppet Show. I forget the season.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Connection 4: Hosted SNL alot, which featured the gorch muppets. (I don't know for sure if he did a show that they were on, though. Most likely)