The Hoobs - Motorette Beanies

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
The Hoobs - Mottorette Beanies

Hey Guys,
It seems like TOMY UK are bringing out new The Hoobs Mottorette Beanies !

See ya

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to admit. Those of you Muppet fans in the UK sure have a lot of COOOOOOL Muppet stuff. Free Kermits, New dolls, Extra TMS Skits, Mopatops SHop and Hoobs shows... Man!!!

radionate

Reaction score
Re: The Hoobs - Mottorette Beanies

Originally posted by *Warrick*
Hey Guys,
It seems like TOMY UK are bringing out new The Hoobs Mottorette Beanies !
Warrick,
What exactly are Mottorette Beanies?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Nate,

Beanies of The Mottorettes ! :big_grin:

The Mottorettes, Live inside The Hoobs car enging, They make the car run with their Music.

see ya

radionate

Reaction score
You Brits and your shows. First Teletubbies, now singing car engines?:big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Nate,

If you check out www.channel4.com/hoobs you can find the character bios - they have big pics of the Motorettes and the bus as well as the Hoob characters.

The Motorettes for me are the boring part - they just sing awful classical type songs and are only ever used in cut-scenes. The Hoobs themselves sing far better and their music videos are funny (for instance in a song about windmills - the final shot for a about two seconds has the Hoobs all dressed as Dutch women with long curly hair, and they are holding daffodils and edam cheese). Also Groove has two dolls called 'Waggle' and 'Woof' and he does little voices for them and complains to them about the other Hoobs. It's such a fantastic show - i rate it way above Bear - and it's full of the Henson spirit. My family do give me very strange looks for watching it but then i got that with the Britney christmas special too !

Yeah it is a quirky show, but very cool. In some ways it is very 'Fraggle' in inspiration .... plus you can get Hoobs y-fronts which is always a winning factor !

radionate

Reaction score
The motorettes (Warrick mis-spelled them in the header!) look very familar. I can't place them yet. I'm think Sam the Robot from Sesame Street? It's driving me nuts!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Spelling corrected. Thanks Nate.

radionate

Reaction score
No prob! Gonna have to give Warrick a hard time now!