The Hoobs - Quality Entertainment

Luke

Reaction score
oops sorry about that ! They have the Hoobs in Canada right ? Do they leave the VT's with the British kids in or re-shoot them with Canadian ones ? I've always seen the credits for a canadian production team at the end of the show and wondered what they do.

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
They leave the inserts intact - precocious British kids and all. If you knew Canadian television, you'd know that there is no chance in h*ll that they would spend money if they didn't have to!

Mark

Rob

Reaction score
The problem with the Hoobs in Britian, is that it's shown at stupid O' Clock in the morning, so not a lot of people are up to see it. I have to get up early quite a lot, so I very often get to see it. IT RULES! :smile:

ShelleyHoob

Reaction score
Hoobs.. Jim Henson 'soundtrack'

The Hoobs. What a brilliant prog for kids, good learning, too! It's on at 6am here, my 2 year old is a HUGE fan, she won't sleep without Tula!!! :smile: What would be good is if someone made an album of all the songs that Jim has made. I'd buy it.........Wouldn't u????? :halo: :smirk: :smirk: :smile:

Reaction score
MahnaMahna said:
I think British accents scare American children!

Mark
I have to disagree. British accents are heard all the time. If a character needs to sound distinguished, a British accent is used. Zazu in Lion King. Kipper (a British export) on Nickelodeon. Mary Poppins. Half of the people in Star Wars. When I was in high school, I was crazy about this beautiful girl, partly because she had a British accent (even though she was born in South Africa, her parents are from the isle). My brother would talk with an Liverpudlian(?) accent if he had his way, being a HUGE Beatles fan. Do British people think that Americans have either a Brooklyn, NY or Southern accent? :smile: