The Hub Upfront 2013

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I don't know, note the use of "Brohoof" instead of "like". Might be a photoshop job, not sure.
Actually, I think its an app that changes your facebook words and stuff. I don't know what its called, but I've seen it in A LOT of facebook screenshots.

I think its either Ponify which is a browser app (apparently, can't find much on it, it just came up when searching for pony facebook) or Ponyhoof, also found by searching, and thats a facebook app

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I don't understand this at all. Who does the Hub think this show is going to appeal to?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm seriously praying this is some weird April Fools joke

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm seriously praying this is some weird April Fools joke
Nah.. I already saw the merchandise. It's cute and all, but there was this one time I saw a Kabuki Hello Kitty toy. Well sir, I don't care much for HK... but I would have bought it in a heart beat.

Now what we need is a Hello Kitty with thick glasses, wavy hair, a thin mustache, and an accordion!

Which reminds me of that thing I read on TV Tropes about how Saban almost made a KISS cartoon, until he insulted Gene Simmons. May have dodged a bullet there. Couldn't have been any worse than Hammerman, though.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I saw that on KISS online. :frown: The fact that Paul Stanley is cool with this... :eek: I thought he would be better than this. :/ Gene Simmons doesn't care about stuff like this. If he can get money, he'll do whatever it takes.
KISS is really a huge sellout band nowadays. If the original lineup were still here, I'm almost positive this line of Hello Kitty crap would have been shot down immediately. Ace Frehley was not a sell out, and that's part of the reason he left the band. :grr:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Can we get someone to post the actual shows they're talking about instead of just these non-verbal IMG links?!

Wow, Drtooth, you just impressed me, someone else who remembers Hammerman. Which is why I'm probably one of the few who got that reference when Stan Lee's Mayor mentioned the pair of magical shoes in that one episode of Superhero Squad.

I'm not really crying over the loss of Transformers Prime after Beast Hunters because:
1 They can just spin-off into a new series with more merch for the new Prime who replaces Optimus (hoping for Roddimus), or
2 It can get itself renewed for afourth season over on CW's SatAm block where it's currently airing in syndication.

GI Joe Renegades... Pretty much knew that was dead after the first two or three or so loop-throughs the season. The pushback of the movie really hurt everyone in that franchise. Stupid 3D digitalization.

Don't really care for much else on The Hub except for Animaniacs, the old Superman and Batman series occasionally, Goosebumps/Haunting Hour and if they have a movie I'm interested in.

So yeah, that's it, I'm done now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wow, Drtooth, you just impressed me, someone else who remembers Hammerman. Which is why I'm probably one of the few who got that reference when Stan Lee's Mayor mentioned the pair of magical shoes in that one episode of Superhero Squad.
Remember and watched it. Then again, it is well known as a terrible cartoon series and therefore a joke on various internet circles.

GI Joe Renegades... Pretty much knew that was dead after the first two or three or so loop-throughs the season. The pushback of the movie really hurt everyone in that franchise. Stupid 3D digitalization.
Snickers... yeah... the 3-D was the reason the film was pushed back. That's cute. No. The real reason is that Battleship tanked, they took a good look at the G.I. Joe film, realized that they'd lose a crap load of money off of two toy franchise films, reshot stuff to make the film more coherent, and put it in March to hope the audience would forget Battleship. I absolutely hate to say this, but considering how the US Army has a ridiculous focus in the Transformer movies, Michael Bay would actually be better at making a G.I. Joe film. Really... I hate to say that.

But you really do have a point about Transformers. I thought they'd at least give it a year for the 4th Transformers movie to edge all the show merchandise off the shelves. At least it looks to be getting a good sendoff unlike the last Transformers series.

Sigh... I morn the loss of Townsend Coleman voiced Sentinel Prime.