The "I Did Something Stupid Today" Thread

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
One time in my science group in Grade 7, we were all having to take turns reading our lessons aloud, and at one point, for some strange reason, I ended up saying "fer" instead of "for"... I never heard the end of it!
not that long ago we were driving my friend home from our house and my dad put the window lock on and I was complining about the window being down (I have this thing about air blowing on me), and at one point I said "winder" instead of "window"

My friend has not let me live it down:smirk:

I was once making a joke about how I suck at math so bad that I was "Certifiably 'Mathely' Challenged", and after I said that, an acquaintance of mine then said "And you're obviously grammarly challenged as well."
"grammarly" isnt a word is it?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
not that long ago we were driving my friend home from our house and my dad put the window lock on and I was complining about the window being down (I have this thing about air blowing on me), and at one point I said "winder" instead of "window"
I'm the same way, because every time I am riding with my mom she always has to have every window in the car completely down and I can't stand all that air in my face.:stick_out_tongue:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Well, I did something stupid today, as in I thought I was doing something good for people but it turns out that I just have too much faith in humanity.

I had a garage sale today, got rid of alot of old stuff to try and raise some funds. Not junky stuff, though. But I brought all the things that didn't sell over to the Salvation Army thrift store so that someone else could get good use of them. However, when I got there and delivered my things, I was totally disheartened to see them throw about half of them straight into a garbage compactor - RIGHT in front of my eyes! And we're talking really great stuff, like an entire set of dishes and a perfectly good microwave! Other people were dropping off things too, like skis and televisions and they were just chucking them straight in without even checking to see if they worked or not. I know they get alot of stuff, especially on Saturdays after everyone's yard sales but honestly? It made me so sick to my stomach. What a waste! I ALWAYS bring my extra things there, thinking that I'm doing a good thing. And I don't bring junk. I bring good things that someone would be happy to find in a store and buy; I just have no use for them. And they are chucking them out without a care. If I wanted them to become garbage I would leave them out on garbage day. Instead, I brought them to the store so that someone else could get use out of them. And now, a person who might have been looking for a microwave, or cheap dishes can't find them because they compacted them right in front of my face.

I'm never bringing anything to them ever again.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, I did something stupid today, as in I thought I was doing something good for people but it turns out that I just have too much faith in humanity.

I had a garage sale today, got rid of alot of old stuff to try and raise some funds. Not junky stuff, though. But I brought all the things that didn't sell over to the Salvation Army thrift store so that someone else could get good use of them. However, when I got there and delivered my things, I was totally disheartened to see them throw about half of them straight into a garbage compactor - RIGHT in front of my eyes! And we're talking really great stuff, like an entire set of dishes and a perfectly good microwave! Other people were dropping off things too, like skis and televisions and they were just chucking them straight in without even checking to see if they worked or not. I know they get alot of stuff, especially on Saturdays after everyone's yard sales but honestly? It made me so sick to my stomach. What a waste! I ALWAYS bring my extra things there, thinking that I'm doing a good thing. And I don't bring junk. I bring good things that someone would be happy to find in a store and buy; I just have no use for them. And they are chucking them out without a care. If I wanted them to become garbage I would leave them out on garbage day. Instead, I brought them to the store so that someone else could get use out of them. And now, a person who might have been looking for a microwave, or cheap dishes can't find them because they compacted them right in front of my face.
Man! Sorry to hear that, That is a terrible thing of them to do.:stick_out_tongue:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
my mom broght these glucose meters to a thrift store and it was a christan thrift store (at leat, I think it was) and my mom specifically said to give them to people who need them and not sell them, but they just sold them anyway. I know that once you give them these things they can do whatever they want with them, but I dont think that it being a "christian" thrift store should have sold all of them and they should have respected my moms wishes. she was doing a good thing by thinking that they were going to give them for free to those who really need them. I am not toatally sure it was a thrift store in that sense. From what I understand they are supposed to help people

wwfpooh

Reaction score
People are people & sadly, some in this world couldn't give two flips about others in the world. 'Tis a sad, yet true, statement regarding people. However, all we can do is try and get more people to be nice and helpful, but if they choose not to be as such, then they have the unfortunate choice to be as such, for as a certain theme song has said, "You take the good. You take the bad. You take them both and there you have The Facts of Life...When the world never seems to be living up to your dreams...It takes a lot to get them right when you're learning The Facts of Life". :frown:

The stupid thing I did yesterday was fall BACKWARDS out of my sibling's go-cart (crashing into the gravel & landing on the back of my head) & the stupid thing I did today was fall out of bed, further aggravating the monster headache the previous incident caused. :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
We can't completely change the world. All we can do, and should do, is contribute to the world in our own small way. As Mother Teresa would have said, think of how much worse the world would be if you hadn't contributed your little bit. :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Thanks for the song pooh, lol! :smile: Yeah well, like I said, I won't be going there ever again. There are better places to donate things. Who don't take your kindness for granted. And thanks Will and SgtFloyd :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Thanks for the song pooh, lol! :smile:
Indeed. The one constant in this world--alongside change--is that we can only do our part and shouldn't try to force others to do theirs if they refuse to. 'Tis just...The Facts of Life within The Circle of Life. XD

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Haha! I love how your life lessons are interpreted through pop culture. It's so refreshing :big_grin: