The "I Did Something Stupid Today" Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
When picking up the DVD for Twice Upon a Time at Wal-Mart, I accidentally was in the line for returning stuff. :stick_out_tongue:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So, I'm making a (somewhat more) complete video of the KTMA host segments of Mst3k (now that K01 and K02 were released a year and a half ago), with only 2 segments unseen from K03 (it still hasn't seen the light of day; all the segments released were either on the scrapbook tape or on mst3k.com before it changed in 2015). Sadly, I have to skim through the theater segments to get just the skits, but as long as I'm zoomed all the way out, I'm good. It's going to be at least a 2 hour video once it's done and probably going to take at least 2 days to complete, we'll see.

But anyway, I was zoomed in pretty far at one point, so it got frustrating going back and forth for a long period of time, until I realized I just had to stay zoomed out. :rolleyes: :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not really today, but it's been recent. . . .

Anyway, it's occured to me that the title BETWEEN THE LIONS is a play on words of the phrase, "(reading in)between the lines."

Not that I couldn't figure that out, it's just I never even thought about it until in just donned on me that's where the title comes from.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I...I thought it was because bookends are often depicted with lions guarding the books. welp.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe both. Either way, I know there's the old saying of reading between the lines to really see the true meaning/motivation/interpretation/what have you of what you're reading, so that's how I made the connection.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
After bringing up cookie cats with @muppetgem last night, I now just realized it has vanilla AND strawberry ice cream. :oops:

I always thought it was just vanilla.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
At lunch today I spilled water all over myself because I was laughing so hard at something my friend said! :embarrassed:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I bought a little box of "thin mints" at the store, thinking they were like the Girl Scout cookies, then come to find out it's pretty much a box of mini peppermint patties.