The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The bottom line I am referring to is money. That what the business runs on.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well no it isn't. It's also about putting out a quality product as well.
You call the drivel out now on most of the networks--repeated judge shows, reruns of stuff no one wants to see, shows that aren't classic on classic stations, poorly written cartoons using either the Dora or [adult swim] formula (both of which suck because they either make the audience feel stupid for watching them or they don't leave any room for the subtle humor of yesteryear), shows in which constantly are humiliated in some fashion for a cheap laugh, etc.--quality production? That's laughable! *cackles insanely*

Kiki

Reaction score
Ohmigawd, okay, so, like, I had a packet of nuts, right? And at the back of the packet it said, MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF NUTS.

:stick_out_tongue:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You call the drivel out now on most of the networks--repeated judge shows, reruns of stuff no one wants to see, shows that aren't classic on classic stations, poorly written cartoons using either the Dora or [adult swim] formula (both of which suck because they either make the audience feel stupid for watching them or they don't leave any room for the subtle humor of yesteryear), shows in which constantly are humiliated in some fashion for a cheap laugh, etc.--quality production? That's laughable! *cackles insanely*
Well I was referring to newspapers but good point...

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
Here's my dosage of weirdness for the day. We went to the grocery store where we can get neat stuff through collecting points. One of the items that was for sale was a bathroom scale.

Of course, after they announced that they had that as one of the prizes, we went and discovered that they were all sold out. The lady at the information said that they were a hot item, but that they would have some more on Thursday.

But, the weirdness of the day happened actually two days ago. My husband and I were listening to 'Car Talk' on National Public Radio (yes we do get that here on Armed Forces Radio), and they said that this woman was angry because her husband forgot their anniversary. She laid down the law and said 'I want something in the garage that goes from zero to 300 in two seconds.' He gave her a bathroom scale.

I always pondered what it was about people not wanting a scale...but could it be that that story and the conveniently sold out bathroom scales are related? :big_grin: A lot of people in Germany get married at this time of year.

No? Well, it was definitely weird to me.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Sounds weird by just the way you told it, for I could see it in my mind's eye.