1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Vic Romano, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well it's gone up because of competition from 24 hour news networks and the Internet.
  2. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

And competition never hurt anybody...XD
  3. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

According to the most reliable source on the internet *note sarcasm* according to Wikipedia, these things are usually not lethal, but will cause intense pain and swelling of bitten area.
    but of course with my allergy to bees and fire ants, who knows if I am allergic to them

But I dont have to worry about that, my dad killed it :p

So anyways, I saw a commercial for DC with the school house rock song about the number 8 playing in the background. That was weird...it kinda makes me ashamed to be wearing DC shoes *covers eyes with hand*
  4. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Why be ashamed? SHR...well...rocked & still does!
  5. Sgt Floyd

meh...its not so much the song, its how poorly made the commercial was. It was people on bikes doing flips XD

P.s. I like Telegraph Line, The Shot Heard Round the World, and Conjunction Junction :D

I have The Best of SHR on tape.
  6. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

A little tibit: For the Interjections! song, Lauren Yohe, the daughter of the show's creator, was the voice behind that little girl who said, "Darn! That's the end!"

But yeah, who doesn't love School House Rock? XD
  7. Sgt Floyd

You know, I USED to have an original History Rock tape in its box too. But It was in the box of tapes that got lost in our move. That made me mad...

It was the one in a bluish box with a picture of I think Ben Franklin on it with a document of some kind...I think

and the actual tape had some lady and a bunch of kids hosting it
  8. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Mine's Grammar Rock & it too has the lady and kids hosting, but the blue cover is instead adorned with the train engineer from Conjunction Junction.
  9. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Of course it does. It hurt their bottom line. But that are doing something about it... Raising their prices to make up the lost. Otherwise that might be out of business.
  10. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

11. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

The bottom line I am referring to is money. That what the business runs on.
  12. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

13. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

14. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

You call the drivel out now on most of the networks--repeated judge shows, reruns of stuff no one wants to see, shows that aren't classic on classic stations, poorly written cartoons using either the Dora or [adult swim] formula (both of which suck because they either make the audience feel stupid for watching them or they don't leave any room for the subtle humor of yesteryear), shows in which constantly are humiliated in some fashion for a cheap laugh, etc.--quality production? That's laughable! *cackles insanely*
  15. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Ohmigawd, okay, so, like, I had a packet of nuts, right? And at the back of the packet it said, MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF NUTS.

:p
  16. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Way to state the obvious.
  17. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well I was referring to newspapers but good point...
  18. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I thought as much. XD
  19. Yva Minstrel

Yva Minstrel New Member

Here's my dosage of weirdness for the day. We went to the grocery store where we can get neat stuff through collecting points. One of the items that was for sale was a bathroom scale.

Of course, after they announced that they had that as one of the prizes, we went and discovered that they were all sold out. The lady at the information said that they were a hot item, but that they would have some more on Thursday.

But, the weirdness of the day happened actually two days ago. My husband and I were listening to 'Car Talk' on National Public Radio (yes we do get that here on Armed Forces Radio), and they said that this woman was angry because her husband forgot their anniversary. She laid down the law and said 'I want something in the garage that goes from zero to 300 in two seconds.' He gave her a bathroom scale.

I always pondered what it was about people not wanting a scale...but could it be that that story and the conveniently sold out bathroom scales are related? :D A lot of people in Germany get married at this time of year.

No? Well, it was definitely weird to me.
  20. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Sounds weird by just the way you told it, for I could see it in my mind's eye.