The Last of the Good Hugga Wuggas

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Ok Muppet fans, here is my attempt at a fanfic. I've seen quite a lot of interesting and surprising stories, so I'd thought I'd write one about one of my most favorite Muppet sketches: Hugga Wugga (Yes, you're reading correctly, it is now my favorite sketch!). Without further ado here is The Last of the Good Hugga Wuggas. :smile: Yayyyyy!

Chapter 1​
Long ago, deep in the cosmos, there was a planet called Koozebane. Koozebane was a truly extraordinary planet. Therewere many types of fantastic colorful creatures that roamed its many lands. Many of these creatures were kind and pleasant, while many others would rather eradicate the good. The story you are about to hear is about the amazing journey from good to evil and back again.
On Koozebane, as you have heard, there are many kind-hearted inhabitants, like the Hugga Wuggas. Many people tremble in fear when they hear such a name, imagining Hugga Wuggas to be vicious ugly creatures, but long ago these creatures were quite friendly. They all were the perfect examples of the nice creatures that lived on Koozebane. In fact, no other creature was nicer. The Hugga Wuggas all lived in cave in a small village (if you can call it that). The caves were all lined up in a circle around the center of the village, where they all worked and played together. Together. All Hugga Wuggas gathered together where ever they went.
In this little village there were Hugga Wuggas of all shapes, sizes and colors. There were tall yellow ones, and short, fat red ones. This story is about a purple one called Hugga. Hugga grew up in a loving family, with several brothers and sisters. They all looked like a normal family, but Hugga was special. He had long green feathers sprouting from his head. All the other villagers admired him for this quality. He thought nothing of it.

CountFan1998

Reaction score
I'm glad someone actually liked it! Yes, in this story Hugga Wugga is actually nice! The sketch itself actually comes into play soon, but how soon? You'll find out.
In the meantime:
Chapter 2​
One day (If you can call it a ‘day’) Hugga’s father leaped into their cave with joyous news of the Great Celebration. The Great Celebration is a wonderful time of year (if you can call it a ‘year’ on Koozebane) where all the Hugga Wuggas gather together to celebrate their culture with food, games and music. The last thing the villagers did was gather in a circle and blow steam out of their pipe-like snouts. Hugga’s face lit up. He loved the Great Celebration. Hugga’s father said the celebration was to begin soon, but to beware of the Iggy Wiggies.
Iggy Wiggies are vicious creatures. They are easy to spot because they are green and have long feathers on top of their heads (Here on Earth, we’d say they look sort of like birds.) These strange aliens have been invading and destroying several villages all over Koozebane. Rumors spread that the Hugga Wuggas might be next. Hugga had nothing to worry about, since the Iggy Wiggies could not climb over the mountains to get into the village. After all, most Iggy Wiggies practically have no intelligence whatsoever.
That night Hugga went to bed, excited. He dreamed of the Great Celebration: All of the fun, the laughter, and the togetherness. Togetherness was the very fabric that held the Celebration together. The next morning, Hugga awoke to the sounds of his family talking. He discovered, to his surprise, that the Great Celebration was today! He was overjoyed.
Hugga ran from his cave out into the village. He saw the villagers hanging banners and carrying large containers of food. Hugga also saw a band practicing music. Hugga jumped in jubilation. He asked his mother if he could help with the Celebration. She agreed, but not before Hugga ran out into the center of the village. As he ran, he could feel the excitement, the kind that sent your senses spinning and you head over heels. Hugga loved that feeling. He was so excited that he did realize where he was going, and crashed into another Hugga Wugga in front of him.

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Don don don dooooon!! TENSION!! That's great writing technique right there, who is this mysterious new character? :confused: :big_grin:

CountFan1998

Reaction score
The sketch is coming soon. The weird part is, in this story Iggy Wiggy plays a larger part than Happy Yellow Creature (You Are My Sunshine)! As for the "Now is my favorite sketch" part, I actually used to be afraid of Hugga Wugga! I just wanted to start things on a lighter note because things get pretty intense! Anyways here is....
Chapter 3
The nice Hugga Wugga helped Hugga back on his feet, and introduced himself as Pugga. Pugga told Hugga that he was in charge of the Great Celebration. Hugga stared at him in amazement. What an incredible job, he thought. Pugga showed Hugga around the center of the village, and told him what each Hugga Wugga was doing. This one was blowing a horn. That one was hanging ribbons. Those Hugga Wuggas over there were setting up a tent, and that Hugga Wugga over there blasted steam in another’s face! It was all too confusing, yet exciting. Pugga Wugga leaned down and asked Hugga a very important favor: To retrieve the Crown of Celebration. During the Great Celebration, one lucky Hugga Wugga was selected to wear the crown, and would be honored by the villagers. It was amazing that Hugga himself would retrieve the crown. As he set off, Pugga warned him about the Iggy Wiggies. Hugga chuckled. How could Iggy Wiggies climb over the mountains into the village?
Up Hugga went into the mountains. It would be a long quest in order to find the crown. Over sparkling green rivers, and under craggy archways, he went until he found a path lined with gleaming jewels. This must be the way to the crown! After short walk on this path, Hugga finally found the crown. It was nestled in a cubby carved in the rock of the mountains. Hugga quickly snatched up the crown, and headed back for the village. Under archways and over rivers he went.
When Hugga had just reached the village, he heard loud yelling and laughing. The celebration had begun without him, he thought. Hugga peered around the rocky outcropping to find the center of the village in ruins. The Iggy Wiggies had invaded, and they had gleefully ruined the Great Celebration! There they were, the vicious Iggy Wiggies running and jumping on top of what was the happiness of the village. There was not a Hugga Wugga in sight. They had all evacuated. Another feeling came. It welled up inside of Hugga. It was not excitement, it was anger and sadness fused together. Togetherness.
The feeling grew and grew inside of Hugga. He peered down again, and reviewed the event. He still couldn’t believe it. The one thing Hugga loved most of all about the village was destroyed. He wanted to cry, but he just couldn’t. Hugga ran off into the mountains, still clutching the crown, the one thing left of the Celebration. As he ran, Hugga noticed the green rivers had lost their sparkle, and the archways were beginning to collapse. Everything was falling apart. He settled into a dark cave far beyond the wreckage of the village, and collapsed in a heap. Hugga finally cried himself to sleep.

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
That's sad. Oi vey! How shall this become sweet at such a bitter beginning? More please!

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Ok, Here comes the skit. Whoever's reading might want to listen to the sketch in the background. It works!
Chapter 4​
When he awoke, Hugga tried to convince himself that the Iggy Wiggies’ invasion was all a dream. However, when he opened his eyes, he was still lying in the cave in a puddle of tears. Hugga was sad and furious at the same time. He never wanted to see another stupid Iggy Wiggy ever again. After thinking things over, Hugga finally set out again, however he left the crown behind. On Hugga trudged over the mountains, and through the valleys, until he came to an alien swamp filled with a thick fog. He remembered that Pugga told him some Iggy Wiggies like to hide in foggy alien swamps. Now was the time to get back. Hugga patrolled the swamp, reciting the chants from the Great Celebration: “HUGGA WUGGA! HUG HUGGA! WUG WUGGA! BUGGY BUGGY! MUGGER MUGGER! WUG WUG WUG!” As he was chanting, an Iggy Wiggy snuck up behind him. “Iggy Wiggy?” it replied. Hugga was surprised. He whirled around. “HUGGA WUGGA!” he shouted. The Iggy Wiggy did not understand. “Iggy Wiggy Higgy Hoogy!” it chanted. Hugga blasted a column of steam into the air, and trudged toward the poor Iggy Wiggy. He chanted again. Soon the Iggy Wiggy began reciting “Hugga Wugga” as well. Hugga gave a slight evil grin.
A little yellow creature emerged from the fog. From behind him, Hugga heard a strange song (We know it here on Earth as “You Are My Sunshine”). It made him think of the songs the villagers sang at the Great Celebration. Hugga flew into a fit of rage! He confronted the happy yellow creature at once. “HUGGA WUGGA!” He chanted. Hugga nodded and marched off, but not before hearing the creature sing the song again. Hugga reeled around in shock. He immediately fired steam into the air. The creature kept singing. Hugga blasted at the singing menace, but he sunk into the fog. Far away, the Iggy Wiggy began singing the annoying song.
Hugga snuck under the fog and blasted the Iggy Wiggy. It fell deep into the fog, defeated. As Hugga trudged off, the yellow creature arose from the fog and started singing again. Hugga tried to blast him, but it ducked into the fog, and shot right back up. He was still singing. Hugga lunged for it, but the happy yellow pest sank again. Hugga searched below the fog, but to no avail. Just as Hugga was about to leave, the singing came behind up him. Hugga reeled around, and blasted the yellow creature’s head off!
Hugga chanted in celebration, as the creature had been defeated, only to hear the familiar song echo deep within the creature’s neck. Hugga was confused. He leaned over his hollow neck, only to hear the same horrible song. Hugga quivered in fear. Had he defeated him? Hugga peered into the creature’s neck, and was blasted in the face by a powerful column of steam! Hugga sank into the swamp in agony. The yellow creature spawned a new head, and kept singing as he left.

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
I know this should be kinda sad, but I keep cracking up!:big_grin: It's hard not laugh when thinking of this sketch. But still good!:wink:

CountFan1998

Reaction score
The sketch in this wasn't supposed to be funny, but intense. I guess when you think of the original sketch, it could be funny. Anyway, this chapter has a surprise character at the end! If you can guess who it is, please reply!

Chapter 5
When his eyes opened, Hugga was out of the foggy swamp. He was resting in the cave in the mountains, face to face with the Iggy Wiggy. Hugga got to his feet and lunged for the green pest, when the Iggy Wiggy explained that he had saved Hugga from the swamp. Hugga was deeply confused. How could a vicious Iggy Wiggy save his life? Hugga told him how the Iggy Wiggies invaded his village and ruined the Great Celebration. The Iggy Wiggy explained that he wasn’t involved. He was strongly against the invasions from the beginning, so the other Iggy Wiggies exiled him to the swamp.
There he stayed, unnoticed until Hugga came along. Hugga thought, are all Iggy Wiggies evil? Hugga went to hug the Iggy Wiggy. Hugga introduced himself, as did the Iggy Wiggy, as Iggy. Hugga wondered where the other Hugga Wuggas had gone after the wreck of the Great Celebration. He talked with Iggy for a while, and they had decided to search out in the mountains the next morning. Hugga would take the crown with him to show the villagers that the Celebration had not, perhaps, been ruined. However, Hugga suggested that Iggy stay behind in case they try to attack him. Together they fell asleep. Togetherness. Maybe things weren’t so bad after all.
The next morning, as planned, Hugga set out in order to find the villagers. Again he went, over rivers, and under archways. As he marched, Hugga noticed the rivers seamed to sparkle again, and the cracks in the archways were gone. The balance has been restored! From up in the mountains heard a faint call. Hugga began to follow it, going higher and higher up into the mountains. When he reached the sound, Hugga found it was a familiar voice.

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Ooooooooooo!!! *takes deep breath* I <<3 this story so much right now!!:smile: I thought, this could be a romance, then I saw Iggy was a guy, so thought: Possible excellent friendship??:confused: Anyhoo! Keep up the good work!!:big_grin: