1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Leslie Mostly Show with Guy Smiley

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by TotallySpiesFan, Jun 12, 2006.

1. PumpkinJ

PumpkinJ Well-Known Member

I know, right? There should be an alternative way to find the clip, either go contact Sesame Workshop for it (though as usual, I can't guarantee they'll allow you to put it online due to copyright restrictions...?), or spend up your muscled efforts digging through hundreds of THOUSANDS of episodes of foreign co-productions. :p

2. PumpkinJ

Oh look, BigMuppetFan reposted MY video.

3. PumpkinJ

WOAH. :O
    [​IMG]
    Scarecroe is SOOOOO talented with removing watermarks from images. I can never do watermark removal that good.
    He took this from the Turkish source and like, photoshopped it.

4. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

Will we have "mostly" all of the Leslie Mostly skits? ;)

Muppet Central memes.

Froggy Fool and LittleJerry92 like this.
  5. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I mean, it's really easy when you know the right tools.

6. PumpkinJ

I don't have Photoshop.

7. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Last night I dreamt I was talking with Michael Earl about Leslie Mostly, in the dream he at first said that he didn't consider Leslie Mostly in the "CASA" sketch to really be Leslie Mostly, then admitted that he was under the weather when performing most of her segments (explaining why she was so energetic in the CASA segment but more straightforward in most of the others we've seen).

It was just a dream, but a cool dream.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  8. PumpkinJ

LOL. Just because CASA came last to be aired in an episode doesn't automatically mean it chronologically was produced last. It's just that the producers get to decide whatever inserts they air in the pattern and in relevance to the subject of the episode. I'll tell you that the Guy Smiley skit wasn't the first to be filmed, even though it was the first one to air. I think all these Leslie Mostly skits were taped during Season 11.

9. minor muppetz

I didn't say that I thought it was the last one to air, just that I dreamt Michael Earl provided an explanation for her portrayal being a bit different there (I wonder if there's more of her interviewing letters). Besides, the Muppet Wiki lists a later EKA for the Kermit one (I suspect the episode numbers listed for the Guy Smiley, Cookie Monster, and Kermit ones are firsts, but I don't know for sure).

10. PumpkinJ

Definitely I had no idea, but some us doubt that "CASA" could've been her debut, given by what you stated above, but we don't know for sure. I know that some other Muppets like Count Von Count, Amazing Mumford, and of course, Elmo sounded and acted different during their debut appearances.

11. minor muppetz

I've determined The Leslie Mostly Show must have been dropped immediately after the twelfth season in terms of re-airing. Muppet Wiki added guides for every episode of season 13, none of them contain any Leslie Mostly sketches (and I checked "what links here" on Leslie Mostly), I think if none of her segments aired that season, when many aired the season before (and when she was a fairly regular character in a recurring sketch, albeit one that's not that popular but was recent to season 13), then it's doubtful they would re-air in following seasons.

I kinda wish that Leslie Mostly was included in that season 12 press release that announced the new characters. I remember seeing that and feeling it was definitive for season 12 debuts, though I knew some of the characters were around before season 12 (and in the years since found MANY of those characters were around before, many just a year before, some way before), it even mentioned one new character who wasn't pictured (in addition to mentioning testing on fairly recent characters like Barkley). She probably debuted in season 11 as opposed to 10, but probably didn't make many appearances that season.

When Muppet Wiki added segments and episode numbers to the page, none of the previously-listed EKAs were changed, which could mean that's when they debuted or could mean they haven't found the first appearances. Though in recent months I've found that many of the segments in the first three weeks of season 12 (that were leaked a few weeks ago) that didn't have any known previous appearances were, in fact, the first appearances, some I wondered if those were the first or not, some I was real surprised by (some a case of "this looked like the late-1970s to me", some due to having an earlier copyright date or a source that referred to them debuting in season 11, most likely holdover segments). I wonder if the Leslie Mostly segments have production codes for the seasons they debuted.

12. PumpkinJ

From what I highlighted in bold above, what are you talking about that was leaked online? Any footage that was leaked online (like with all the Season 1, 10 and 12 episodes leaked from SW's archives onto the Internet) or is it just scripts from a trusted source as usual?

13. minor muppetz

I meant to say years ago, not weeks ago.

14. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I mean, given that Sesame Workshop has shown little to no interest in releasing any of the skits, it kind of makes sense that they were phased out quickly.

15. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I think this was one of their experiments but, this experiment was not exactly the best one with the results. It’s like how Jim Henson said that Professor Hastings was one of his most failed characters he created.

16. PumpkinJ

LOL, you're right. I misinterpreted it until ya pointed that out. XD