The Life And History Of The Electric Mayhem

minor muppetz

Reaction score
chapter 7

In the late 1980s, Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem were given an opportunity to go on tour all around America, Canada and Europe. They were all really excited. They opened each show with "Can You Picture That?", and normally closed with Tenderly, although every once in awhile, they would close with "don't blame the dynamite". each member also performed a solo song. Dr. Teeth normally performed "You can't Take No For An Answer" or "Money", Floyd often performed "New York State Of Mind", janice often performed "Rockin' Robin", Animal performed "Wild Thing", and Zoot performed Sax And Violence. Oh, and Lips would perform a few trumpet solos throughout the various shows, often opening the show with one. Of course, Lips didn't perform in every concert. Every wednesday, he would take off and fly to his home state to take part in a church jazz recital, and come back on saturdays.

Unfortunately, this got in the way of the electric mayhem performing with the muppets on their next big television show. kermit got an offer to host The Jim henson Hour, but since the electric mayhem signed a contract to be on tour, they couldn't be on the show untill after the tour was over. So kermit searched for a new badn. The shows technician, Digit, was playing keyboards in a band called Solid Foam, and Kermit decided to give that band a chance. The members included Flash on saxaphone, Clifford on bass, beard on guitar, and a female drummer who nobody ever got to know the name of.

The Electric Mayhems tour ended shortly after the series began, but the solid foam band was so good on the show that there was no need for the electric mayhem. However, Clifford asked Dr. teeth to appear in the background of one of their numbers. In one of the shows last episodes, Flash and the drummer both got sick and couldn't perform in that episode, so Zoot was asked to take over the sax and Animal was asked to take over the drums. Then the show was canceled, and the solid foam band broke up, blaming themselves for the cancelation of The Jim Henson Hour.

Without Solid Foam, Clifford needed to find work, so he asked Dr. teeth if the band needed a secodn bass player. He joined the electric mayhem for awhile, going to Walt Disney World with them, but then he figured that he didn't fit in as part of the Electric Mayhem. Therefore, he quit to become a solo artist, and then tried his hand at hosting.

When the muppets made their first movie, their contract stated that they could only play themselves untill 1990, so the muppets were planning on making a movie where they play other characters. Little did any member of the Electric Mayhem know that they wouldn't be doing much....

minor muppetz

Reaction score
chapter 8

The Muppets had decided to do a movie based on A Christmas carol, which they had decided to call The Muppet Christmas Carol, for some reason. The casting was done. They planned on having J. P. Gross play scrooge, and Scooter play nephew fred, but since Scooter didn't want to be in the movie, J.P. gross didn't want to play scrooge and get typecast. But that wasn't the problem....

having the muppets play characters in an established story made it hard for everybody have a part. Since there were no major musicians in the story, the electric mayhem only had a cameo. Their part was too short.

Then, the muppets appeared in Muppet Treasure Island, but the mayhem, with the exception of Lips, who was spending time with his family, only appeared for a slightly longer amount of time.

Afterwards, they all started to stop getting along. Floyd and Janice were having trouble with their relationship. Animal started to get tired of Floyd treating him like his pet. Dr. Teeth was getting to be a bit bossy. Zoot was tired of talking to the rest of the electric mayhem. And lips was nowhere to be found.

Then came Muppets Tonight. However, the band wasn't getting along, so another band was hired. Only Animal spent a lot of time on the set. The others normally avoided the others like the plague. However, although they were all mad at each other, they realized that without each other, there was no Electric Mayhem. kermit realized how bad they needed each other. With the exception of Lips, who didn't know about the bands break-up, they all got together for a big Electric mayhem reunion, only the band didn't know that it wasn't going to be broadcast untill after the performance.

Kermit then got the money to open a boardign house for all of his friends to live at. Kermit moved out of his home on Sesame Street, Gonzo moved out of his trailer home (seen in Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff), and even Miss Piggy moved out of her home, a pink mansion. Every muppet that kermit could get contact with moved into the boarding house. Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Animal, Janice, and Zoot all moved into a room together. The band also made a deal to let the other muppets use their bus whenever the electric mayhem wasn't on tour or vacation (or scheduled for a non-muppet-related gig).

And then came more surprises....

minor muppetz

Reaction score
chapter 9

Dr. Teeth and the electric mayhem were busy every once in awhile. When the muppet show began, all muppets signed a contract that stated that companies didn't need permission from the individual muppets to be merchandised. Only the owner of the theatre needed to give permission.

despite this, Animal was the only member of the electric mayhem who got to experience the joys of being merchandiced. The others would occassionally be on products, but Animal got on products the most. The, one day, they heard that two toy companies were being licensed the Muppet characters. One was palisades Toys. The other was Sideshow Toys. Dr. Teeth, Animal, Janice, and Zoot were all proud to be made as busts from Sideshow, but Floyd was upset that he wasn't made as a bust, and Lips, who was used to not getting any media attention, was unavailible for comment.

the other company, Palisades, not only released figures of Dr. teeth, Floyd, Animal, Janice, and Zoot, but also Lips and a playset of the Electric Mayhem stage. As expected, Animal was made as more figures than the rest, but surprisingly, each member got a repaint, although Dr. teeths repaint was just an exclusive, which even he is trying to find a mint condition figure of (Animal is also trying to find a figure in mint condition..... he wants his breath to stay fresh). The biggest surprise was that, next to Animal, Lips was the band member with the most variants (he would be tied with janice if Nurse janice made it past the prototyping stages, and Lips wanted to be tied with janice....). The band was also happy to leearn that they would be made as PVCs, although they were surprised that a Rowlf PVC would be released alongside them, instead of a Lips. They were also disheartened to learn that the PVCs would not get released at all.

The band was also surprised when they learned that they would be made as plush beanies in a special four-pack released by sabbaba Toys, featuring Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Janice, and Zoot. Janice was surprised that she was made as a full-size plush, and she was also concerned that her many male fans would buy it just so they could sleep with her.

After that, they learned that Disney took over their contract. They were pleased to be hired to play the music for The Muppets Wizard Of oz, and they have learned that new muppet projects are in the works. These include a six-episode reality show, a fiftieth anniversary roast for kermit, and a christmas special. They are currently unsure of whether they will be part of those projects, however, although they suspect that Animal will be a part of those productions. In the meantime, they are looking all over the world to see if they can find where Lips is and let him play in their band again. They are also trying to work out a deal to actually release an album.

Will Lips return? Will Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem record an album? Will they be used in these upcoming productions? Only time will tell.

The End. :big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
now that I'm done

well, now that I am done, what does everybody think? Could it have been better? Could it have been worse?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
It was good, but it could have been better. "Show, don't tell"- instead of saying "They weren't getting along," write out specific dialogue of a disagreement or arguement that they had. What you have here seems like more of a summary of what happened. I'd like it more if you had specific scenes, conversations, Floyd did this, Janice said that, more descriptions, that sort of thing.
But I do like the explanations for some Muppet history discrepencies, and Lips' disappearance. You've got the right idea, but details are the key!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
It was good, but it could have been better. "Show, don't tell"- instead of saying "They weren't getting along," write out specific dialogue of a disagreement or arguement that they had. What you have here seems like more of a summary of what happened. I'd like it more if you had specific scenes, conversations, Floyd did this, Janice said that, more descriptions, that sort of thing.
But I do like the explanations for some Muppet history discrepencies, and Lips' disappearance. You've got the right idea, but details are the key!
When I started this story, I had dialog, but then i realized that if this was an actual written biography, conversations between characters probably wouldn't be included. Of course, I had already started dialog, so I guess it is weird to change the style halfway through the book. I think conversations in a biography would be more likely in a movie based on somebodys life.

One things that I planned on including but forgot to was mentioning that the Muppets eventually remembered knowing each other as babies. I think I would have either had Kermit remember because of his family, or Fozzies mom could have reminded them (she had made home movies of them together, so that could be evidence), or maybe scooters family could have revealed it to them.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I really love this story. Especially the references to Muppet Babies. An excellent work.