The Little Mermaid: A New Musical

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I am a big Broadway fan! My favorite live Broadway musical was Cole Porter's Anything Goes starring Patti LuPone. That was in the late 80s. I hear she's doing Gypsy soon. I've gotta make it out to NY to see her in that when it happens.

Anyway, back to Little Mermaid. I remember when Beauty and the Beast was released for critical review in Houston. The costumes and set design were beautiful and I very much enjoyed it...but...I couldn't help but feel that the Little Mermaid (the film that took Disney in new directions) deserved the first bite at a live show. It is my favorite Disney animated film (Roger Rabbit aside, of course) and I love the Ashman/Menken song writing team! Can't wait to see that. Little Shop of Horrors came to San Francisco a few years back (Henson Co. made some of the puppets) and I really enjoyed it.

Can't believe Disney's Tarzan got a chance to shine (or fizzle) before Mermaid. Such a magical movie in every way. Does anybody know if the "new" songs are from discarded works of the original songwriting team? That sort of thing happens and it would be great if that's the case here! :zany:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Somehow I'm getting the feeling that once it gets to NY,my brother'll be taking my niece to see it.
(He's taken her to see "Mary Poppins" &"Beauty & The Beast" on Broadway. And no we're not rich!:wink: :stick_out_tongue: )