The Lovesick Teenager Clud Threab

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Yes, we all hate to admit it, but we, as teenagers, get lovesick. There's no way of knowing when or why it'll happen, but it will happen. Suddenly, with no notice, a fine young thing catches your eye, and you're hooked like a trout. There's no escaping it, and there's usually only one way around it, dating. Yes, the dreaded "D" word. We all long for it, but when the time comes to get up enough courage to actually ask for a date, we fear it more than rotten muffins on a Monday.

But when/if we get up enough courage and finally ask the all-important question to that all-important person, we wait with baited breaths for an answer. Sometimes it's what we want to hear, sometimes it isn't. But whatever the outcome, hey! You did it! You asked! You got an answer! Your self-esteem may be lowered but by George you asked!

And on the chance you maybe got the answer you wanted to hear, congrats! You're now what you always silently hated yet always wished you could be: someone in a relationship.

Hoo-rah! You've got a date! Go young Skywalker! On that date you must go! Enjoy it you hopefully will! And if you don't, meh, you got a date right? If you do, GREAT! Hopefully your date did too!

Now comes the ominous next day. Now, as a teenager whose life is most likely fun by the torturous hands of the educational system, this day is most likely Saturday or Sunday. So, as fate would have it, you don't get to see your date today, bummer. What is a newly-relationship-ed teen to do? Hmm? Do you call? Do you text message? Instant message? Send a carrier pigeon? Whatever your method of contact may be, you decide to get a hold of your date.

"Hi," you say. "Hey," the sweet thing says back. "How ya doin'?" you ask with that flirty tone. "Fine," they say back quietly. "You know I had a great time last night," you say with hope coursing through those veins and areteries of yours. "Me too," they say sweetly. "So, does this mean...We're 'going out' now?" you ask after a minute. Silence. Pure, evil, curs-ed silence. "I think we should just be friends."

Your heart shatters, you hope they can't hear it.

"Oh," you sigh. "That's cool." "You sure?" your ex who didn't even have time to become your ex asks. "Oh yeah," you reply. "I don't want you to go through anything you don't want to." "Thanks," they tell you back.

So, you hit a stride, got a run, then tripped. You're okay with it though. Right?

Left.

I mean, wrong.

On the outside you keep smiling, you do your homework, you talk to your parents, your friends, and even your ex if they're still talking to you. So, innevitably, you sink into this pool of unhappiness, looking for any means of healing this wound, writing, T.V., homework, whatever.

And finally, you find that the most comfort you could ever find is in your friends. They're always there for you, and you know it. You love them for it, and you let them know that. Who needs relationships when you've got friends like these?

Well who are we kidding?! WE DO!!

So, that is why this thread is here. For all us lovesick teenagers who are looking for the way out that isn't there. All of us who have a crush, girlfriend, boyfriend, stalker, whatever! This is for you! Let your feelings out, and there'll always be someone here to give you a hug. Allow me to be the first, (((((HUGS))))). And as for the motto for this darling club of ours, "You can't live with 'em, you can't live without 'em."

Pretty appropriate? Dontcha think?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Oy vey, can I say "amen" to that???

<Sigh> The worst- meh, at least in my opinion at this very moment most likely because I'm experiencing it- is when you find yourself lovesick for someone who doesn't even go to your school, who you see about twice a year, who most likely thinks of you as "Dad's-friend's-daughter" and nothing more than that. <Sigh,> why did we have to get his senior picture, too...

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> to all fellow lovesick teens in the world, especially Prawnie, and kudos to Prawnie for this thread. I've got a feeling it will get a lot of use...

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I understand the feeling 100%! I never had a relationship until a little over a year ago (and I was 17!). I had several love interests....

But a relationship can come from anywhere! The wonderful guy I'm dating I originally told I wouldn't go near with a 10 foot pole!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*nods* ((((((((((HUGS))))))))) for you Sarah. Good for you! You have a relationship! You are truly a noble among us! I declare you Sir Madame Sarah of Yzma! For being cool, crazy, and groovy with the oh-so-fine men of your time! :big_grin:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Haha I still know the suckiness of it all...I even had a real old thread on here about me trying to get a guy! I ended up giving him a huge bruise and almost breaking his glasses!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
...Took the Miss Piggy method, did ya?... How'd it work?...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*sits watching Sarah weave her marvelous tale while eating popcorn*

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Haha......we ended up 'just being friends'...now you make me want to dig up that old thread...gimme a minute here

theprawncracker

Reaction score
HA! Glad I could help! I know the feeling about "just being friends." Happened to me just yesterday as it so happens. :stick_out_tongue:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Note to self- Miss Piggy Method results in "just friends"... ...<shifty eyes>... Additional note to self- I don't have the upper-body-strength for it anyway.