1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Madtv Sesame parody description

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by golden teeth, Dec 11, 2005.

1. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I thought this was very funny and I'm also pretty sure this is not the first time madtv (my fave late night show way better then snl in recent years) has made a muppet skit...
  2. FlipperFace

FlipperFace New Member

I met him 1ce realy were roommates!ARPIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!Woah realy early!
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Hi, I haven't been on here for awhile. I just watched the Mad TV skit, very funny parody, the attention to detail was frightening. :eek:

I actually thought Cookie Monster looked cute with a flatter head lol.
  4. wuba wuba woo

wuba wuba woo New Member

Mad TV parody of bert and ernie in a bar

I wanted to say that I love mad tv as well...and I have been looking for a parody I saw quite a few years ago. It was Bert sitting in a bar drinking milk, and ernie comes in and starts complaining about how there were 5 COOKIES at the house, but now there were only 4. He was badgering Bert. IT WAS GREAT. I have been trying to get a copy of that skit for years. My husband never got to see it, and I am dying to see it again. :confused:
  5. Valentine

Valentine New Member

"everyones infected in the neighborhood!"

Thanks ReneeLouvier, Golden Teeth, and Anythingmuppet; got a giant laugh from that :D

...but why doesnt youtube.com just remove the bad quality clip???
  6. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

I've watched the one posted by Renee. It was very good. I loved it but at the moment I'm preparing to look at the better quality clip.

It really is inoffensively funny. They should make more such parodies.
  7. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

For some reason the better quality clip posted by Anything Muppet keeps cutting out when the Cookie Monster bit is almost finished. Does anyone else have this problem?
  8. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Actually, I remember the real sketch that appeared on the show. It seems like Mad TV reversed Ernie and Bert's roles. I'd like to see that one as well.
  9. SurfPark

SurfPark New Member

I thought this was pretty funny because it kept the cheery attitude of the characters with the juxtopposed subject matter. The characters were horribly made, but it goes with the campy nature of the skit. Very funny and sad.
  10. FlipperFace

FlipperFace New Member

2 things.....1.You put this in The Walt Disney Company

2.Before I saw it I closed the window. Yes I freaked out!
  11. FlipperFace

FlipperFace New Member

The 1st part was true!
  12. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

Do you remember what season (of MADtv) that sketch was from? And were the Ernie and Bert puppets in that sketch the same ones seen in the recurring Sesame Street parodies.