The MARVELOUS Muppets: The Great X-Muppet Caper

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow... That was great MW! The whole thing with mistaking Gonzo for Grover, Pete's Diner, bringing in Firestar from Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Friends... And the call from Magneto at the end, chilling.

But as for Mickey's call... Good to see them again, though I frankly personally prefer to just dismiss the whole Herbie Fully Loaded film altogether. Just can't stand how the classics have been butchered into Lohan vehicles.

And as for bringing other franchise characters, if you're happy with it, then go for it so long as it makes sense to bring 'em in. I'm into Foster's, though other shows on CN interest me more. Hope for more story soon.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The Count said:
And as for bringing other franchise characters, if you're happy with it, then go for it so long as it makes sense to bring 'em in. I'm into Foster's, though other shows on CN interest me more. Hope for more story soon.
You'll be reading about the characters from Foster's a lot in the upcoming "MARVELOUS Muppets" stories, because I'm that much into the show. You'll also see them teaming up with the Muppets again in the Muppets/DC stories that I'm writing, which I decided won't focus on the Sesame Street gang as much as I said it would.

For example, the SS characters in the Superman/Muppets crossover that I'm doing will function as "backup characters" (characters that play crucial roles in the story, but aren't focused on as much as the main characters are). That's kind of similiar to how I'm treating the characters from Fraggle Rock in his story.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
More flashbacks and new characters in this chapter.:wink:

Chapter Five

‘He really does have a nice family,’ Gonzo thought, as he glanced through the many framed photographs of Bobby Drake’s family. He had just about everything that most of the young mutants back at the School for Gifted Youngsters could’ve wanted…a real family. Seeing the photos of Bobby’s father, mother, and younger brother made Gonzo think about his own family (from space). That’s when the blue weirdo got confused; if he was a mutant, then why does he come from such an “alien” background?

“Who would’ve thought the great Iceman had such a beautiful family?” Someone uttered, and Gonzo turned his head to the right, seeing Pyro near the hung photos, also glancing at them with interest. “Makes you wonder why he would want to ditch them for a house of freaks that he can relate with.”

“Maybe it’s because…he doesn’t want to let them know.” Gonzo assumed, and Pyro looked away from the photographs and towards Gonzo, with a grin on his face. Gonzo noticed how he was flipping his lighter open and closing it repeatedly, which was something that Pyro did all of the time and made everyone (especially Gonzo) feel uncomfortable.

“Uh…try not to burn anything, will ya?” Gonzo said, as he began walking away from Pyro.

“No prob.” Pyro acknowledged, and he began looking around the living room, while Gonzo headed into kitchen, where Logan was rummaging through the refrigerator.

“If you’re looking for beer, I don’t think Iceman’s folks are the type to carry any in their fridge.” Gonzo told him, but Logan was quick to prove him wrong when he pulled a bottled alcoholic beverage from the refrigerator.

“I have a nose for the booze, Weirdo.” Logan said, as he took the cap off the bottle and drank the beverage.

“Aren’t you the least bit curious as to how your liver feels?” Gonzo asked, and Logan just stared at Gonzo for a short moment, before he set the bottle down on a counter and grabbed a craving knife from a holster of kitchen knives that was sitting on it. Gonzo had no clue what he was doing, and he found himself even more puzzled when Logan took the carving knife and stabbed himself in the forearm with it. Logan barely flinched as he took the bloody knife from his pierced skin, while Gonzo was just dumbfounded. “Why did you…?” But he stopped talking when he noticed how the two small gashes on Logan’s forearm began to close themselves up, until there was no longer any trace of them.

“You forget how well my body can adapt to punishment, Weirdo.” Logan said, and Gonzo grinned when he realized what Logan’s point was. However, there was still the problem of the carving knife, which now had Logan’s blood on the tips of it. Gonzo used one of the many abilities he had to evaporate the blood from the carving knife, just by looking at it. Just as Gonzo was impressed with Logan’s abilities, Logan was impressed with Gonzo’s. “Wish I could do something as freaky as that.”

That’s when Gonzo and Logan heard the front door of the house open, and they both reacted with caution. Bobby had told everyone before they came to his house that his parents and his younger brother had gone out of town for the weekend. Gonzo and Logan dashed out of the kitchen and back into the living room, where they had come face-to-face with Ronny Drake, Bobby’s brother. The boy was soon joined by his (and Bobby’s) mother, Madeline, and the both of them stared at Gonzo and Logan, speechlessly.

“Honey, how many times have I told you to…?” said the voice of a man that was right behind Ronny and Madeline. It was Bobby’s father, William Drake, who noticed Gonzo, Logan, and Pyro (who had just shown up at the scene) in their living room. “Who are you? How the **** did you get in my house?” Neither Gonzo, Logan, nor Pyro knew how to respond to that question, which led William Drake to reaching over to the nearest phone and attempting to call the police. But he stopped as he heard some rapid footsteps coming down a nearby flight of stairs. When the Drakes saw their son and brother coming downstairs with Rogue, they were even more confused.

“Bobby?” Madeline said.

“Mom.” Bobby uttered.

“Son, aren’t you supposed to be at your school?” William asked, and Bobby was more worried than his friends were, not certain how to tell his parents what they were going through. Instead of telling them the truth straight out, he looked over at Logan and introduced him to his parents.

“Mom, Dad…t-this is…Professor Logan.” Bobby said, and Logan gave him an awkward look, as Bobby then looked over at Gonzo. “A-And this is…um…” When Bobby found himself at a loss for words, Gonzo decided to help him out by making up his own name.

“My name is Professor Goelz, Mr. and Mrs. Drake.” Gonzo said, and Bobby’s parents just looked at him strangely.

“What…What exactly are you a professor of, Mr. Goelz?” William queried, and Gonzo paused for a moment, trying to think up something off the top of his head; and once he did, he let the Drakes know what it was.

“Muppets.” Gonzo said, and Logan and the others shook their heads in disgust, wondering what made Gonzo think the Drakes would fall for a lame profession like that. Before his parents could ask the weirdo any more questions, Bobby stepped in and addressed them.

“We’ve got to talk.” He said.

The group spent the next half hour in the living room, talking about the one thing that Bobby never revealed to his family: his mutant life. William and Madeline were taken by surprise over the stunning news their son had given them, while Ronny seemed very upset. They were familiar with the stories they’ve heard about mutants living amongst ordinary people. It fascinated them at first, until they heard stories about mutants that have attacked in places like the Statue of Liberty and the White House. Those were the kind of stories that made the Drakes fear and hate mutants, and their new feelings were the reason Bobby Drake went to get help from Professor Xavier.

The Drakes hated the fact that their son and brother was a mutant; William and Madeline were finding it hard to accept that fact. They loved Bobby very much, no matter what kind of person he was. Ronny, on the other hand, discovered a hatred for his brother that he never thought he would have. As the group talked about Bobby’s gift, Ronny just sat on the couch, angered and frustrated.

“We still love you, Bobby.” Madeline said. “It’s just that this mutant problem is so…”

“What ‘mutant problem’?!?!” Logan snapped, angrily, the loud tone in his voice nearly startling everyone in the room.

“It’s complicated.” Madeline told Logan.

“Mr. and Mrs. Drake, you don’t understand how great of a power your son has.” Gonzo stated. “You don’t know it, but if it wasn’t for your son, half of the New York population would be eradicated completely!” William and Madeline couldn’t believe what Gonzo had just told them; when they should’ve been honored, they were scared, fearing that Bobby might’ve had relations with the mutant sightings in New York. Bobby, however, couldn’t remember the incident that Gonzo had brought up, since his mind was taken over by Kermit at that time.

“I did what?” Bobby whispered to Gonzo, who just smiled at him.

“Bobby, have you ever tried….not being a mutant?” Madeline asked, just as everyone began to hear a strange, muffled beeping sound. When Logan realized it was coming from his left jeans pocket, he pulled out a small phone-like device that had an “X” on it, and he headed out onto the Drakes’ backyard, while the others continued talking with Bobby’s family.

“You should really see what your son can do.” Gonzo said, turning to Bobby. “Well, go on. Show them.” Bobby stared at Gonzo for a long moment, wondering if it was best to show his ability to his family. Once he realized that they were already greatly involved in his secret life, he reached over and touched the cup of tea that his mother was drinking with his right index finger. It was only a matter of seconds when the hot liquid in the cup had turned into a small, semi-circular block of ice.

Madeline and William Drake were completely stunned at what their son had just done to the cup of tea, while Ronny’s anger had increased to the point where he couldn’t stand all of the mutants sitting in the room and just got up from the couch, heading upstairs. Madeline tried to call Ronny back into the room, but she soon stopped, realizing how overwhelming the whole incident was to him. Bobby felt sad that his brother didn’t understand him or his mutant friends; he knew at that moment if his brother couldn’t accept who he was, then his parents wouldn’t either.

“This…This whole thing’s my fault.” Madeline said.

“Actually, it’s noted that the mutant gene usually comes from the male host,” Pyro stated, with no remorse for the family whatsoever, and he gestured to William, “So it’s actually his fault.” William and Madeline glared at Pyro, who had been getting on their nerves, ever since he started flipping his lighter open and close in front of them. Gonzo just shook his head at him, knowing how much of the same guy he was, before having his memory wiped by Xavier.

It was deathly quiet in the room for the next twelve minutes, until Logan rushed back into the house, with an alarmed expression on his face. He told Gonzo, Bobby, Pyro, and Rogue that they needed to get out of there quickly. The young mutants were puzzled, and they didn’t have enough time to ask Logan what he was talking about. As soon as they headed out through the front door, they found themselves surrounded by several squad cars with police officers standing near them, aiming their guns at the “dangerous” group.

“Just relax. Everything will be fine.” Logan whispered to the others, while having his claws sprouting from his hands.

“Freeze!” shouted a blonde, male officer who had jumped onto the porch and aimed his gun directly at Logan. “Drop the knives and get face down on the ground!!!” Logan wasn’t sure how to follow that order, since the “knives” were attached to his hands. “I’m not gonna tell ya again, buddy! DROP THE KNIVES!!!”

“I can’t!” Logan remarked, and as he slowly lifted his arms to show the officer what he meant, the claws had abruptly gone back into Logan’s hands, which startled the officer so much that he fired a bullet into Logan’s head. There was a loud clanging noise, as if two metallic objects had touched each other, and Logan’s lifeless body collapsed on the porch.

“LOGAN!!!” Rogue cried, sharing her fear with Bobby and John, after watching their friend and possibly leader fall before them. Gonzo, of course, remembered what Logan had told him about his healing factor helping his body to adapt to punishment, so he knew that it was only a matter of time before Logan got back up.

“Alright! Now the rest of you!” The officer ordered the others, and Bobby, Rogue, and Gonzo lied down on the porch, right near Logan’s lifeless body. However, a familiar sense of rage came over Pyro, as he realized how cruel the human race could be to mutants. While several officers were screaming for Pyro to get down on the ground, the young mutant had taken out his lighter again, furiously flipping it open.

“You know those dangerous mutants that you hear about on the news?” Pyro uttered, and Gonzo reacted cautiously as he noticed how Pyro ignited his lighter.

“Pyro…don’t you dare!” He yelled, and Pyro looked over at Gonzo, with a wicked glare in his eyes that was all too familiar to Gonzo.

“I’m the worst kind.” Pyro said, just before the wild mutant manipulated the flame from his lighter to fly over to the officer, forcing him to fall back from the porch. Other officers attempted to shoot at Pyro, but the mutant was too quick for them. He waved the huge flame towards them and began destroying several of the squad cars. The officers dodged desperately from their cars, as all of them burst into flames.

It seemed to Gonzo as if the young mutant had remembered who he was, because the onslaught that he laid on the innocent officers was strangely similar to the attacks he laid on the X-Men, during the battle on Liberty Island. Gonzo knew that Pyro had to be stopped; he looked over at Rogue, who knew the same thing and nodded before she took off her glove and placed her bare hand on Pyro’s bare ankle. Soon Pyro began to feel very weak, and he lost control over his flames, which Rogue was using his power to extinguish.

“You can let him go now, Rogue.” Gonzo said, and she did just as there was a loud rocketing noise. The group looked up in time to see the X-Jet descend from the sky and land right in the center of the Drakes’ front yard, which was covered with charred vehicles and stunned, char-covered officers. Logan had been healed from his recent attack, with the bullet that was lodged in his forehead popping out and leaving the bullet wound to close itself back up.

As the group got to their feet, Logan saw what Pyro had done to the officers, and he looked back at the young mutant, who just gave him a stupid smile. With Jean, Storm, and Nightcrawler waiting in the cockpit of the jet, Logan and the other mutants headed over to it. Before boarding the jet, Bobby looked back at his house and noticed his parents and brother looking out the window of Ronny’s room upstairs. He knew that he could never come back home, seeing the frightened and uncertain looks on their faces. Once Bobby forced himself to turn away, he headed into the X-Jet with Logan and Rogue. The only mutants left to get in were Gonzo and Pyro; before Pyro boarded, Gonzo grabbed his arm and forced him to look straight into his angry eyes.

“If you ever try anything like that again, I’ll make sure the Professor turns you into a vegetable.” Gonzo warned Pyro, who just grinned at the weirdo.

“The next time I try anything like that, you’ll be the one that I’ll be doing it to.” Pyro remarked, and Gonzo was a bit stunned by that threat, as the two mutants headed into the X-Jet, which had soon taken off into the sky.

-----------

“Do you think he’s dead?” said a voice that was raspy and had a bit hip, as an unconscious Gonzo was sitting against a tree.

“No. I don’t think so.” remarked a voice that sounded very dim-witted. “If he was dead, his chest wouldn’t be going jump and down, jump and down, jump and down like that.”

“Well, that’s a relief.” uttered a voice that sounded really wild and crazy. “Because if Magneto ended up finding out that he was dead, he’d have your heads for sure! Might even take a spleen and a kidney if he wanted to…Eeeww! The thought of it just makes me shiver!”

“Chill out, fellas.” said a young voice that sounded more serene than the other voices in the group. “I know this mutant. And I don’t think he’s the type that could die.” This last voice was the first thing that Gonzo heard, as he began to gain consciousness. His eyes had opened to see the four figures that stood before him in the Westchester Wilderness: Leon—a pink lizard with bulgy eyes who had big interests in bikini shows and money; Junior Gorg—the dim-witted son of Pa and Ma Gorg (the self-proclaimed queen and king of the universe); and Waldo C. Graphic—a computer graphic that had been given the title of “spirit of 3D.”

The last figure was someone that Gonzo could’ve been familiar with, if he hadn’t lost his memory. It was Pyro—the young mutant that he had grown very suspicious towards, ever since Xavier wiped out his memories of Magneto’s Brotherhood and brought him into his school. Had Gonzo not lost his memory and awakened to find Pyro in front of him, the muppet/mutant would’ve used his abilities to take him down. However, because he had and wasn’t too familiar with Pyro, he just sat there and looked at the four figures before him, dazed and confused.

“Rise and shine, old friend.” Pyro told Gonzo. “It’s time to start a brand new life.” Pyro said the word “life” with the most evil grin his face could muster. Whatever Magneto was planning to do with Gonzo, the young mutant was very aware of it and didn’t hide his giddiness.

END OF CHAPTER FIVE

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Love it... The scene I'm probably most familiar with from the movie, the Drake's household. Rully well done.
So, there are three Gonzos? The real one whose with Magneto's brood, the first clone who's now in the X-Jet, and a third who's over at Pete's Diner?
And two Pyro's? Or did Pyro sneak off in the middle of the night after being picked up in the X-Jet to join up with Magneto again?

And good cover for Gonzo... Professor Goelz.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The Count said:
So, there are three Gonzos? The real one whose with Magneto's brood, the first clone who's now in the X-Jet, and a third who's over at Pete's Diner?
And two Pyro's? Or did Pyro sneak off in the middle of the night after being picked up in the X-Jet to join up with Magneto again?
No, there's only one Pyro and two Gonzos.

This story takes place in between X2: X-Men United and the upcoming X3: The Last Stand, so the moments in the story that are based off of scenes from "X2" are really flashbacks of Gonzo's, whenever he's in an unconscious state.

So, there's only one Pyro, who's with Magneto's Brotherhood in the story's real time. And there are two Gonzos: the real one whose with Magneto's brood and the clone who's over at Pete's Diner.

Sorry for any confusion.:embarrassed:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... That helps. Hope for more soon.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, eventhough I'm not into commic book characters, I do like this story! I can't wait, nor do I have any idea how you'll work the fraggles in; should be interesting!
Mind if I give some constructive criticism though? You might not want to give too much informaation away when writing from a character's POV. For example, when Gonzo first woke up and saw Fosters group, he would have no way of knowing their names. He would not know that Eduardo had an accent, he would not know that Frankie liked punk music, Etc., so you might not want to write that in. Do you understand what I mean? Just thaught it might help your future writing. Until then, looking forward to reading more!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
Mind if I give some constructive criticism though? You might not want to give too much informaation away when writing from a character's POV. For example, when Gonzo first woke up and saw Fosters group, he would have no way of knowing their names. He would not know that Eduardo had an accent, he would not know that Frankie liked punk music, Etc., so you might not want to write that in. Do you understand what I mean? Just thaught it might help your future writing.
Thanks for letting me know about that, Fragglemuppet.:wink: I never thought of that while writing that part of the story. I was trying to find a good way to introduce the Foster's characters, which not too many readers could be familiar with, and I guess I didn't think much about how I should've introduced them to Gonzo.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Here's a very short, but informative chapter.:smile:

Chapter Six

No one over at Pete’s Diner could believe that Gonzo was sitting in there at one of the tables, eating his favorite dish. It was a totally bizarre moment for Kermit, Angelica, Rizzo, Pepe, Peter, Jenny, and Pete himself; and the strangest part was that Gonzo wasn’t even doing anything to freak them out so much. Kermit looked closely at the weirdo and thought of the possibility that he might’ve not been the actual Gonzo. If that possibility turned out to be true, then it was important for the frog to use the “copy” as a way to find his friend.

“Where have you been, Gonzo?” Jenny asked. “Everyone’s been worried sick about you.”

“Oy…I feel sick worrying about your stomach.” Rizzo said, as he watched Gonzo take another bite of his peanut butter and sardine sandwich. “It’s obvious that your appetite hasn’t changed since you’ve been gone.”

“Oh, I was nowhere special.” Gonzo said. “I just took a trip down memory lane at Cape Doom. You know, where I met my alien family.” He might’ve fooled everyone else with that lie, but Kermit knew exactly where he was. Gonzo himself even knew that his lie didn’t work on Kermit, just by noticing how the frog was gawking at him suspiciously.

“Well, the important thing is that you’re back in Manhattan where you belong.” Angelica said. “Cape Doom is a very long way from here.”

“Yeah, it’s somewhere on the California coast, isn’t it?” Peter queried, and Gonzo chuckled.

“Now you know why I’ve been away for so long.” He said. “On foot, it takes about two months to get from the East coast to the West coast, and vice versa.” Kermit at that point wanted to just jump up and tell everyone the truth; he just couldn’t stand it when a person lies to someone—it reminded him a lot of his past incident with Doc Hopper. But he knew that it was best for him to keep his mouth shut, seeing as how news about Gonzo being a mutant could put his friendship with the others at risk.

“Yeah, that really explains a lot, Gonzo.” Kermit said, going along with Gonzo’s lie. “But you don’t have to worry about telling us your reasons for going to Cape Doom. We’d understand that you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do, right, guys?” The others agreed with Kermit, and Gonzo felt very happy, not because everyone else understood his reasons—but because Kermit was still willing to keep his big secret from them.

“Thanks, everyone.” Gonzo said. “I’m glad you’re okay with my long departure, even though none of you had any clue where I’d gone.”

“None of that matters now, Gonzo.” Pete said. “You are here, and we can all sleep in peace every night again.” Everyone nodded to that notion, as Pete began to take off his apron. “Come on, everybody. I’ll treat you all to some of the greatest ice cream in Manhattan.”

“Whoa, Pete.” Rizzo said. “Why do we have to leave the diner? Can’t you serve some of that ice cream here?”

“The ice cream that I wish to treat everybody to cannot be served at my diner.” Pete remarked.

“Well, hey, if your diner doesn’t serve it, then it must be great!” Rizzo exclaimed, and Pete’s wasn’t too certain if that was a compliment or another example of Rizzo’s sarcasm.

“If you guys don’t mind, I’m a little full from my sandwich.” Gonzo said, after finishing the last bit of it. “I’ll just head back to the Hotel, if that’s alright.”

“No prob, Gonzo.” Rizzo said. “I’ll just eat your share.” As Gonzo moved away from the table and started to head for the door, Kermit had taken the chance that was given to him to get some important questions answered.

“Hey, Gonzo!” He called, and the weirdo stopped as he was halfway out of the diner. “I’ll walk you there, if that’s okay with you.” Gonzo knew why the frog really wanted to walk him back home, so he allowed to anyway. A moment later, while Kermit and Gonzo were walking down a sidewalk in the middle of Times Square, they conversed calmly, though Kermit was very much desperate for information.

“You went to see him, didn’t you?” Kermit asked.

“Look, Kermit, I know you really want to see if I’m the real Gonzo or not,” He said, “But I have to ask you where Scooter is.”

“Why do you want to know?” Kermit queried; he hadn’t forgotten what Magneto planned to do with Gonzo, and he dealt with what could’ve possibly been the “Brotherhood Gonzo” with caution.

“I just have to talk with him, Kermit.” said Gonzo, who was still haunted by the thoughts of him and Scooter in deadly combat. “I…I haven’t seen him for a long time. I just wanted to know if he’s still the same Scooter.”

“Well, of course, he’s still the same Scooter.” Kermit said. “I’m just wondering who you are right now.”

“Does it really matter which Gonzo I am?” He asked. “I made sure that I was the exact same person when I cloned myself.”

“Yeah, well, your ‘opposite’ may not be the same person, after Magneto’s through with him.” Kermit commented, and Gonzo was surprised.

“Magneto? With my clone?!?!” He shouted, catching the attention of nearby bystanders who just looked at him oddly. “How did he get a hold of him? I mean, I sensed him leaving the Happiness Hotel, only a few weeks after I’d settled myself in Xavier’s mansion. But I thought he was with Mickey and his buddies.”

“You must’ve sensed him all the way up to the point where he got amnesia.” Kermit said, and Gonzo snapped his fingers, as if he suddenly realized something crucial.

“So that’s why I’d lost connection to him!” He said. “Our minds can only be connected if one of us is aware of the other. Since he no longer remembers who he is, he doesn’t remember me either.”

“Magneto mentioned something about him regaining his memory, once he became a member of his Brotherhood.” Kermit informed.

“Oh, well, then we’ve got nothing to worry about, because he’ll…” Gonzo said, and he stopped once he took in the latter part of Kermit’s information. “Did you just say what I think you said?!?!” Kermit nodded, and Gonzo placed both hands on his head, panicking. “He’s gonna try to get him to join his group of goons?! You’ve got to be kidding me!!”

“Gonzo, calm down.” Kermit said, noticing all of the New Yorkers that were staring at the two Muppets.

“Kermit, do you realize how powerful the Brotherhood will be, once my clone—who is as equally as powerful as I am—becomes a member?” Gonzo said.

“Everything will be fine, Gonzo.” Kermit assured. “All we have to do is go to Professor Xavier and warn him about Magneto’s plan.”

“No can do, Kermit. The Brotherhood works very fast.” Gonzo contradicted. “By the time we warn Xavier, my clone will have already converted.” Gonzo stopped walking alongside Kermit and sat down at a ditch, sighing hopelessly. “If Magneto has my clone, then this whole world is already doomed.”

“Come on, Gonzo.” Kermit said, sitting down next to him. “There has to be some way to stop Magneto from using your copy as a weapon against humanity.”

“The only other way is Scooter, but I don’t know where he is now.” Gonzo said. “All I know is that he’s with Tony Stark and the S.H.I.E.L.D. organization.” Now it was Kermit’s turn to be surprised and shocked at some news.

“Scooter with S.H.I.E.L.D. now?!?!” He yelled. “I thought for sure he was in San Francisco with everyone else for the grand reopening of the KMUP station, since his uncle founded it.”

“Yeah, he’s been with S.H.I.E.L.D. for some time now.” Gonzo told Kermit. “That whole incident in San Fran is the only reason he’s with them.”

“In that case, let’s head over to the S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters and see if Scooter can get them to help us out.” That idea might’ve sounded simple to Kermit, but Gonzo just could not face the gofer with the notion of having a serious confrontation with him. Kermit had soon realized that also, when he noticed how Gonzo was lowering his head in despair. “You’re still worried that he’ll find out the truth, aren’t you?”

“Scooter hasn’t trusted a single mutant, ever since one had broken into the Muppet Theatre and set fire to it, with Scooter still inside, after the guy attempted to steal money from him.” Gonzo said. “If he discovered that I’m one, who knows what he’ll have S.H.I.E.L.D. do to me.”

“Gonzo, you’ve known Scooter since the old days in the nursery.” Kermit said. “How do you know whether or not he’ll do anything to harm you, if he finds out your secret? The best way you can rekindle his faith in mutants is by teaming up with him to stop Magneto from wiping out the human race.” Gonzo knew that Kermit was right; but the thoughts in his head still frightened him. Again, he had put his hands on his head with frustration, feeling as if his mind was being split apart.

“I just can’t bring myself to talk to him, Kermit.” Gonzo uttered. “I’m sorry.” He then got up from the ditch and ran away from Kermit; however, he didn’t get very far, because he had accidentally bumped into someone that was carrying a huge load of shopping bags. The bags had gone everywhere, after Gonzo ran into the stranger, who wasn’t too happy about it.

“Hey! Watch it, ya clumsy oaf!!” The stranger yelled, in an angry, feminine voice that was strangely familiar to Gonzo.

“I’m so sorry, Miss…” He looked over at the person he had knocked down, and though he felt as if he had met her someplace recently, he had never seen that young woman in his whole life. “I feel as if I know you, but…Is your name…Frankie?”

“Yeah, what’s it to…?” Frankie looked up at Gonzo, and a big smile came across her face, just before she leaped over at Gonzo and gave him a big hug. “Magneto!! Where’ve ya been, pal?! We’ve been looking all over for ya!!”

“You…have?” Gonzo said, completely confused, as Frankie grabbed his left hand and, without warning, pull him up off the concrete and led him around the corner. Kermit, who had been carefully observing the whole scene, followed Frankie and Gonzo down the sidewalk, until they had arrived at the Foster’s bus. Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Madame Foster, Bloo, and Mac all jumped out of the bus, as soon as they had seen Gonzo standing next to Frankie.

“I can’t believe you found him here of all places, Frankie!” Mac exclaimed.

“I’m a little surprised myself, Mac.” Frankie said. “There I was, just coming out of the store with my purchased things, and then he just bumped right into me. Weird, huh?” Bloo went over to the still puzzled Gonzo and embraced him, smiling awkwardly.

“Now we get to do all of the things that I’d planned for us to do, once we got back to Foster’s.” Bloo told Gonzo, who was almost afraid to ask.

“W-What kinds of things?”

“Oh…you’ll see.” Bloo said, with a giggle. “But I have to ask you something important first before we do it all: are you allergic to gunpowder?” Gonzo just gave Bloo the strangest look he had ever given someone, and it was often hard for him to muster such a look with a weird face like his.

“Come along, everyone.” Mr. Herriman said. “We are on a tight schedule now. We mustn’t be late for our annual Foster’s puppet show.”

“Puppet show?” Gonzo murmured.

“Oh, it is gonna be fun, Mages!” Bloo told Gonzo. “We don’t even need real puppets for the show, because half of the imaginary friends at Foster’s are puppets!” Bloo laughed hysterically, as the frightened and confused Gonzo was led onto the bus and taken away on it. While on the bus, Gonzo saw Kermit still standing on the sidewalk, and Kermit would’ve heard him screaming out his name, if the window hadn’t been closed.

Kermit wasn’t too sure what was going on, but he knew that meeting Scooter at the S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters was no longer a top priority. He needed to get Gonzo out of the unexpected dilemma that he was in. However, there was no way the frog could go after the weirdo by himself. He was going to need help…and he knew exactly where to get it.

END OF CHAPTER SIX