The Matrix Revolutions...disappointment is not the word

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You know, I actually liked this better than Reloaded, but both sequels have paled in comparison to the original. The first Matrix didn't only redefine special effects, it also redefined sci-fi and made it popular with the masses much like the Star Wars movies did.

Spoilers ahead:
I get the whole gist of the series. You have the holy trinity of father (architect), son (Neo) and holy spirit (oracle) along with the devil (Smith). They are all part of the same sort of spiritual surrealality (my made up word) and Armageddon plays out just as it should. Of course Neo makes a sacrifice and of course he will return someday (second coming). It is all very simplistic and not really that creative if you think about it. The pseudo-ambiguity at the end was kind of a slap in the face to those who have dedicated so much time and money into the series.

I predict this film will drop like a brick once the holiday films come out. Of course Fox doesn't want anyone to notice that the Box Office receipts dropped by nearly half of what Reloaded made in its first weekend. The company predicted this and hyped the worldwide simultaneous release to make it appear like the film grossed more money. But that's the mindless dollars and cents of it. They'll milk more money out of the franchise yet.

I just wish they'd left the series alone with the first film. It was a pleasant surprise. The subsequent films have just been bloated, relentless distractions. They have taken an interesting film and rendered it pointless eye candy.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
"Spiritual surrealality" - I like that. And that sounds about right to me, but I never have like apocolyptic movies...
Erin