The Memory Thread of Signatures Past

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yes, signatures were avatars that could be placed in the body of the text. They were usually larger than the 65x65 images used for avatars. Cool stuff, but it's actually better for the forum for such graphic elements to be limited.

hdofu

Reaction score
Originally posted by ze king prawn
what are sigs? are they avatars?
Signatures come in two flavors normally, Text and Banner. Text sigs are what this board allows, Banner sigs are a picture generally made by the poster for people to give him or her a sort of visual identity. It may or may not compliment the avatar.

Both kinds of sigs appear at the bottom of posts.

An avatar is the picture bellow you name normally.

For example my avatar here is an exerpt from the muppet show episode that featured Bert and Ernie. One of the Sigs I use on boards that allow banners. My avatar is a picture of Bert I resized.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
woah you had a lot of time on you hands, jamie...how long did it take to make one of those

Sarah

hdofu

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
woah you had a lot of time on you hands, jamie...how long did it take to make one of those

Sarah
Sig making is an art, and you get out of it what you put into it. Some people make sigs fasrt and others can spend weeks getting it to look just the way they want.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
I made a few too, but not nearly as many as Jamie.
Actually, Scarecroe made the only sig I ever used at the old Delphi boards. It's soo cool that he posted it for me to see it again! I think he also was going to let me use the Ghostbuster Fozzie, too, but I never figured out how to do it in time.

Wait! I have an idea!!

Check out my avatar soon! :smile:

F:big_grin:Z

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I posted this about the Tin Man Fozzie in another thread:

THANKS!! It's the creativity of Scarecroe. Notice, the name is spelled FOZZI3B3AR? At Delphi, someone had already taken Fozzie Bear, which I wanted, and because of that I chose to do the name with "3's" not "E's".

When I introduced myself to folks at MuppetFest, even Karen and Jerry, they recognized my screenname first by my saying, "I'm Fozzie Bear at MuppetCentral.com, but 3's, not e's."

It got its laughs. But, when we got over here, I took the name that I wanted since it wasn't taken yet! YAY!!

Still, the Fozzi3b3ar with 3's is always in my heart of hearts!! (Get it, Tin Man?!)

The reason is that Scarecroe was Scarecrow in a production of The Wizard of Oz, and while I wanted to be Scarecrow in the show I was in, I got stuck with Tin Man--SOOO, Scott made me the sig, now used as my avatar for a bit at least!!

FOZ

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
I was only on the Delphi Board once or twice...

-Matt
As an aside, I have just now found my old Delphi user name! It was MuppetMST. I doubt I'd be remembered as such, as I was only there a few times. So, just a fun fact I guess, but I'm glad I finally found out what it was. :smile:

-Matt

grail

Reaction score
man...i've used so many sigs it's not even funny...