The Moppet Family: The Reunion

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Izzy: Ooh chocolates! You are so good to me dear! This story is so entertaining, if only I had more time to be caught up with it....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Any time Izzy. Hmmm, think Sis will post any more today? Oh well, we'll just come back when there's more to read of this great story.

RedDragon

Reaction score
So..um...just for kicks-

Mairin: OW!

*blink*

Mairin: ...stubbed my toe <limps away> ow...ow....ow

So, anyways...I was wondering...Is it ok if we write a story about our character's past? I mean, like apart from the thread and other fanfics?

Mairin: You don't want to know about my past...

Oh! Go put some frozen peas on your foot!

Mairin: <sticks out tongue>

<does same>

christyb

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
Would you do me a favor? Would you post some sort of personality discription for the littlist Moppet, Jana? Does she even have one yet? Will she be playing a bigger role in the future? What about Adam's girls? Can't wait to find out!
Hmmm...intrested in Baby Jana? email me: christybondurant@(delete this)gmail.com. And we'll talk. Yes she'll be playing a bigger role (at least I hope so I happen to like her). Adam's girls however are already being played by Together Again.

Now for Storywise on the two...Baby Jana won't say much oh not for a couple of chapters or so I think...then her personality will shine through...which means I gotta finish that. The Cole Family, hold on to your hats your big chapter is coming up!

MopFam fics are open for anyone to write! Me I'd love to learn more about Marin and the gang. You appeared after I left. So I'm in the dark (which is why I make Beau write your scenes :smile:) On to more story!!

Chapter Sixteen-Technical Difficulties

Pirates sail Southwest for one reason. That is their treasure, their gold. One hiding place outshone all the others. To get there you had to sail until the wind died. The wind had died.

Christy breathed deeply and turned to Vic who was holding Baby Jana's hand. "Now Vic remember if anything happens to me..."

"Take Jana back to Dad. Got it," Vic replied.

"And..."

"Protect her with my life, take care of her. I know Mom."

"I was actually going to ask if you remembered how to get here."

"Oh well, uh, yeah I do."

"Good."

Christy reached out her arms and Baby Jana ran to her. Holding her close, tears slid down as she kissed her head. Even Vic swallowed his pride and hugged his Mom. They moved back as she stood upon the railing and dived into the water.

Christy swam deeper and deeper. Her legs burned from the kicking. Just a few feet further lay an opening. She swam too it and to the next hole just before her lungs gave out from lack of air. Gasping for air she lifted herself onto the shore of the underwater cave. Stealthily she crept along the cave wall until a ledge was found. Reaching underneath she turned a tiny rock to the left and exposed the keyboard."All right Come on out you bucket of bolts. I'm ready for ya."

The Criakian came out with fury and fire. It was everything you ever dreamed of in a monster and twice as deadly. Quickly she typed in a few letters into the keyboard and ran to the monster. Christy slid under the monster and ran her sword into its tail. Jerking to the right she dislocated the power source from the machine. Thus killing it at the heart.

However, someone had been there before. Instead of shutting down calmly like it was supposed to the great machine began wheezing and humming. Heat rose in the room and the metal began to turn red. Christy's eyes widened with fear as she ran for the only exit. She began climbing the cave wall as fast as she could. A hand reached down from the opening. Just inches away from safety the cave filled with fire and blinding white light.

On the surface the crew of The Reunion held its breath and watched the water. They knew the opening and island should appear any minute now. However the water began to rumble like thunder and a geyser of water burst into the air in front of them. Blinding white light broke through the water as horror filled everyone's eyes.

"Momma?" Baby Jana whispered.

"Mac?" Vic asked at the same time.

"Something's gone wrong. Something's gone terribly wrong," was all Mac could choke out.

****​

Father stood in the kitchen and frowned. Kyle wasn't around and had apparently gone to Europe, indeed England, with his pets. The twins stayed strangely silent these days. Miss Mingostone was…doing whatever it is that Mingostone does. Father hadn't been to work for days, or it felt that way. Except for brief droppings in and out of Wilson's, he'd hardly seen Mr Harvey or the irrepressible Suzan. It was quiet. Quiet was never good.

"Vic? Hey Vic?" He frowned again. Oh Vic, yeah, right. Vic wasn't even Vic.
He'd known that for a while now.

Silence.

Father walked to the kitchen and started ironing. It was his duty now, looking after this place. Dishes were stacked beside the sink. There was a film of dust over cupboards. One of Dan-Dan's hens was trapped in a sack under the table. It wasn't home any more, it was a house.

The Moppet house was missing something, a vital ingredient, and it was crumbling. It missed Mother, and indeed the Father of before. It missed laughter, and explosions.

The phone rang. It was Kyle, ringing from England to say he was under attack, or, had an asthma attack, or, something Father couldn't really hear because the dinner was boiling over.

There was a click the other end and another familiar voice spoke, "Remember me? Evil Kyle. I mean, er, I am Good Kyle! Honest! I mean, hi Mr Moppet who I would like to kill. Whoops, sorry, did I say that? I meant kiss, not kill."

Father put down the phone. Poor Kyle, having to deal with two sides of his personality. "As if you don't," he felt Moppet saying.

"I don't," Father said. "I control you."

"Of course. That explains why Mother left," Moppet said. "And…"

"Don't!" Father said again. He pushed the pan off the heat, and burnt his hand, bringing him back into the present.

"Vic?" Father stated as the door flew open and a boy stood there, cold and wet, and shivering.

"Dad," Vic said. He was dressed in pirate garb. A white shirt rose above his cutoff jeans. A bandana kept his shoulder length hair at bay. "Dad."
Father stared at him, then turned away and shut up the ironing board.

"Dad. I have something, I need to tell you. Remember that story? It happened."

Father spun back, folding his arms, holding a spatula which he waved as he spoke. "Yeah, 'Vic' I know you got something to tell me. Like, the fact you aren’t anything to do with me. About time we address this, boy."
Vic opened and shut his mouth. "Dad? What-?"

"Listen, I have had about enough of this façade. Just about enough. You think I didn't know? When you went insane, and leapt down sewers, and climbed into the Cole's house and stole the Fairy's wand a month back? Think I didn't get that?"

Vic touched the doorframe. "Dad, something's wrong with mum."

"Don't talk about her!" Father shouted. He waved the spatula fiercely. "You know what? She's gone, alright, I know that. But she's not the only one is she? You are too. Or you have run away and joined her. Because you are no son of mine."

Vic's eyes flashed with fury. "And you are no Dad of mine. Mom taught me well." He dropped one hand to his side, and pulled a thin dagger from a rainbow-belt holding up his damp jeans. He ran at Father who swung the spatula in defense. It was a pointless fight.

"Alright, I'll say it. You're not even real," Father Moppet said. "Remember? You are a psi-construct created by Mother to cover that you joined her."

Vic stopped. "What?"

"Get out of my house," Moppet said, and turned his back. "I do not want any more lies or illusions of family in my house."

Vic pulled his Father back and pinned him against the wall. "Listen to me. Something's gone wrong. Terribly wrong. Don't you want to even know about Mom or your new baby daughter?"

"I said get out," Father said and twisted from Vic's grasp.

Vic stared at his dad's back, and felt his cheeks pinch as though to cry, then he shut his mouth, swallowed once, and left. Upstairs, a virtual Psi-Construct of Vic was hooked to a video-game console. Outside, Randel walked towards the real Vic. "Son? Hey, kid, are you alright?"

Vic turned to Randall and stared for a moment then his eyes went dark.

"This is all your fault. I'll make you pay for this someway somehow."

"But I've already won. It's pointless," Randall sneered.

"You don't have me and you'll never get Jana." Vic said and ran back towards the docked Reunion.

Randall just smiled.

Moppet sat back against the kitchen cabinets. He twisted his fingers together. He shook his head. And Father cried, inside. Then it was simple, he'd be the one to go, to take his kids and go, to England. He could use the excuse of finding Evil Kyle.

He stood up. "Hey, kids," he said. "Listen up, we are going to England."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Digs into chair comfortably waiting for the story.

You know... Been toying with adding to our branch of the family. But me thinks I'll just save that for something down the road. Besides, looks like Kate's interested in taking the role of Baby Jana, and I wish her luck on it.
On a similar note, has Bo followed up on the nomination I gave him for the Headmaster of Magic School?

christyb

Reaction score
We're working on The Headmaster you'd be happy to know. I'm excited about the perhaps of another Cole family member! Oh yeah and you might wanna refresh the page Count. I was editing my post while you were posting. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Just noticed you ziffled me there Sis. It's all so... Heartwrenching. And to use one of Lisa's quotes... You got me right about, oh here...
The part where Vic cried because Father doesn't believe him to be the real Vic, hurting the lad deeply. Even little Jana got worried when the geyser shot up. Well, I'm hoping for more, and I know you can take care of yourself Sis.

BTW: Loved the reference to Evil Kyle's classic phone call message. And of course the references to Vic's insanity.
OK... We got to the island, fought the monster, what's next? Yeah, go down the narrow path in the jungle of fears... In the middle of the night, I go walking in my sleep...
Sorry, Billy Joel moment there.

christyb

Reaction score
Sorry about the ziffle there. :smile: I just love it on days where I get up and go to class to find out it's been cancelled...anyways back on topic. I'm glad you like one of the more heart wrenching chapters. You better stock up on tissues though. We're not done yet. I got a question though. I'm hearing that people are having a hard time keeping up with the chapters. Are we posting too fast for everyone? If we are just say whoa! We'll slow down.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been there myself at times Christy. Don't worry, I got Lisa's fleet of teddy bears to hand out with a box of double-strength tissues if we need 'em.
As for the posting pace... No, I'm following this quite well so far and I'm eagerly waiting for more. Can't say for everybody else, that's just me though.

RedDragon

Reaction score
{{{hugs Jonah}}} That was <sniff> beau-tiful

*edit* Yay...maybe I will write a story, considering I don't think the poor girl has ever even had a physical discription...and it will help me, and others, come to understand her better...

Mairin: Understand me? You don't even understand youself...

Maybe so, but I do like to understand my characters...