The Moppet Family: The Reunion

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No... Not that Agrippa guy again. I'll go get the rope and ducktape, you just make sure not to step on the closet's release button again.
*Steps out to get some rope, and tea and raisin scones for family.

Wait a second... Isn't that Bo over there talking himself into a parking ticket for blowing out the fire hydrant here at the moviehouse?
Oh well... *Gets tea and raisin scones, and mini pretzels anyway.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Me: ...Ok...Now I've read it...All of it...Where to begin?!?! Revenge of Elmo reference, Randell at the kittens birth, Bob Moss, Mairin and Grey getting captured by Randell, THE BABY!!! Bonita! Jack getting hit by the car, MRS. JONES!!! AHHH!!! It's all so good!!!

Jack: Calm down man, we've still got more coming.

Me: WE BETTER!!! Gah! More amazing stuff I forgot, Viq's muse, Evil Kyle, Ferret Vic reference, THE BABY!!!! GAH!!! IT'S ALL SO GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh! Excuse Moi? Oh, wait, you are right...I was being held up by King Agrippa and kittens...no problem, here, have some Mingostone:

Chapter Fifteen - Summing Up

Miss Mingostone packed her handbag with a can of mashed potato, four lemons, and a handful of lollipops and left the Moppet house. She couldn't shake the sense of oppression in that place which had once been alive with activity, a bee-hive of laughter and stings.

She walked away along the street and hoped the twins would be safe with their Father who she feared was loosing his sanity. He had begun speaking to walls, thinking they were his son, or his wife, or the Coles. She paused at the bus stop and bit the top off the can of mashed potato. Sitting down, she slipped her slender feet out of sandals and squeezed a lemon into the mashed potato with her toes as she pulled a pair of chopsticks out of her wild red hair.

A white haired woman shifted further down the bench away from her. Miss Mingostone stared at her, then her eyebrows creased and she looked back at her lunch.

The world was confusing. First Mairin and Jack had kinda disappeared, and now Father was acting strange, in fact, the only person who wasn't acting out of character and insanely was Aunt Dandan, and she-he was already insane.

Mingostone licked her fingers, crumpled the can, and climbed onto a bus. She knew where she was going.

Wilson's was a strange workplace, built with angles and corners and architecture that was almost as curious as the products they produced there. Father worked here with Mr Harvey and a secretary named Suzan. Mingostone hoped they could help. She pressed the doorbell.

When there was no reply, she pushed the door open and stepped inside. The first hall seemed perfectly normal, framed certificates of health and sanity for all employees, a pinboard dotted with Notes from Management, and a clear bowl of marbles on a stand. Mingostone reached the end of the hall and went through a half-glass door into the main office.

Across the room, behind a desk, a man with dark-brown hair and thick-rimmed glasses looked up from a microscope and grinned. "Welcome, we are just getting started on an assignment to create an alternate to microchips. I was just studying the menu, microfish or microsousage?"

Miss Mingostone's eyebrows formed into a small triangle as she frowned and smiled at once. "I'm here about Father Moppet," she said simply. "He's started talking to walls, does he do that often?"

"Wall's? That's icecream, wouldn't go with chips at all."

"I…see. And there's my brother, Jack, and Mairin. They are missing."

"We might be able to help you find them? Drink?"

She shook her head.

Mr Harvey slid open a drawer and shifted through a bunch of papers. He pulled out either a map of the North Pole or a blank page. Not what he was looking for at all. He found another, either a map of the Sahara or simply colored in with yellow crayon. "Last year we tried a Single-Upsidedown-Map-System, also known as Sums. We divide the work between us, creating a system based on Multi-Pli paper, but we couldn't quite get it to add up, so management subtracted our percentage and pulled the product line."

Miss Mingostone raised one eyebrow. "That's a bad thing?"

"Sums was built to work simply. What happens with a map? A person reads it, and drives. Hopefully the person reading it, is the driver, or you just get dreadful backseat drivers. Actually, I've never seen anyone drive a back seat well myself."

Mingostone blinked.

"After the map is read, a route is chosen and the driving commences, after a short period, the map-reader arrives at said location."

"I know how maps work," Miss Mingostone said. "I have eaten them with mayonnaise before."

"Micromayonnaise for microchips? Hmm…no. Anyway, reverse engineering, which is not just driving backwards, meant that if we could start with a person at the location, we could extrapolate back to the map."

"What?"

"It's confusing. SuZAN!!! Can you bring the Sums' Files from storage plus the machine pieces. Yes, no, yes. They should be marked, 'Sums' but that's ok, we can clean them later."

Suzan started to say something but Mr Harvey interrupted again. "Upside-down Maps. Back-to-front. Instead of a person looking at a map and following to the location, we look at the person and the map follows it to the location."

"How-?"

"-now brown cow. Don't ask questions, it only complicates things. Do you have a photograph of your brother?"

Miss Mingostone reached into her bag and lifted a man's wallet. She flipped it open, and showed a criminal's profile pic of Jack. "Will this do the trick?"

"Indeed. Now watch me pull a bunny out of a hat."

christyb

Reaction score
The Count said:
No... Not that Agrippa guy again. I'll go get the rope and ducktape, you just make sure not to step on the closet's release button again.
Mother: Which is why she's not allowed on my boat.

Me: Hey you I created that boat.

*Father standing between us tied and gagged*

Mother: Oh come on you'd never last against me.

Me: It wouldn't take much to delete you you know.

Father: *from underneath the gag* Ladies? Uhh..Ladies??

Mother: Oh sorry dear.

Me: Here you go. *both throw Father into the closet. *

Mother: One down one to go...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Father: Mmmf! Mmf! Fmm it!

Me: *sneakily opening the back of the closet* Quick, come on we can get a certain scene with Jacks and Mairins and Greys and Glass Cases and Medical equipment working while they are bickering.

Father: Mmmf!

Me: What do you think of this first draft?

Father: Fmmm it! Mmmf me mmmf!

Me: Glad you agree. Yeah, I'll untie you later. *scans copy of script over to the production department*

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Me: Goodness, these chapters are being posted faster than Jack can rob a bank.

Jack: Not true! I'll have you know I could rob a bank in 4 minutes flat!

Me: Sure Jack...

Jack: It's true watch! *runs off*

Me: I knew that would get him to leave. Anyway, great chapter guys! Loved the potatoes and everything Mr. Harvey. Very very nice.

christyb

Reaction score
Mother: Delete me? You can't delete me I'm your alter ego!

Me: Wanna bet? My computer has this nice little button...

*Baby Jana tugs on Mother's skirt*

Mother: Not now sweetheart, I'll just come back you know it.

*Baby Jana stands betweens us and points.*

Me: Oh crud.

Mother: Look what you did!

Me: What I did? Hey I could just leave you in chapter you know what doing don't everyone else want to know!

Mother: Stop arguing and grab some more rope.

Me: You could just freeze them you know.

Mother: That'd be too easy.

Me: Go figure.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Father: Rob a bank? *has removed tape* Rob a bank? we can't have such behavior surely...

Me: Honestly, this is just hopeless!

Moppet: *finds hope in a bottle*

Father: How poetic...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Me: I will not tolerate Moppet being an alcoholic!! That is too much of a plot twist for my delicate heart to handle!

Jack: *four minutes later* See...*gasping for air* Told you...I could...rob it...*hands me a bag of money*

Me: How cliched.

christyb

Reaction score
Me: *walks up to Beau* Remind me why we invited them two into this? *points to Mother and Father*