The Moppet Family: The Reunion

christyb

Reaction score
The Count said:
And I'm not sure if Lisa would be happy with how little nagging's needed to get the more story posted that's been posted so far.

You know...that is easily remedied. :halo:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Me: Um...Hi, remember me? Oh, good. Well I'm not back for good yet, just popped in to tell Christy and Beau that I've read the whole thing and it's amazing!!!

Jack: He's lying!

Me: Where did you come from?!

Jack: Your mind.

Me: No wonder you're so twisted.

Jack: Yeah but at least I'm not a liar!

Me: Ok, ok, fine! I haven't read the whole thing, but I've coppied and pasted it into Word and I'm gonnaread it soon! Promise!!

Jack: That's better. Hey Mairin! You're back! *goes to Mairin*

Me: Heh, see you folks later I'm out! *dissapears mysteriously*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So um... More story please? Nag-nag-nag? Is it working?

RedDragon

Reaction score
Mairin: Jack!

Bagel!

Ellie: Muffin!

Raven: Orc!

Ellie: Where?!

Over there <points>

Raven: Let's go! <Raven, Ellie, and me run off screen>

Mairin: *blink* Ignore them...and give more story!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Alright! More story you want, more story it is:

Another short chapter:

By the way:

Chapter Twelve- Arrival

A shell of a body lay, like lost clothing on the dark side of the moon. Wait, lost clothing on the dark side of the moon? What kind of object description is that? Who would leave clothes on the moon anyway? Um, never mind. A shell of a body lay, like lost clothing, on the dark side of the moon, flabby skin like something an old-lady might take off at night. It was the body of a boy, blonde hair, dirty fingernails. Eyelids were closed over what appeared to be empty eye-sockets.

An eyelash flickered.

Just once. Then everything was still again. No one would notice if this wasn't a close up. Then the skin began to fill out, lifting the clothes that lay over it, the socks and jeans and "I Luv Muppets" t-shirt. The body was shifting back to life, and the special effects department was loving it.

Eyes flashed open, red eyes, burning like the red midnight moon reflected off a pirate sea.

There was no man on the moon, but if there had been, he would have seen a figure of a boy stand to his feet, then walk as if for the first time, then run in slow motion faster, and faster, and trip over and fall flat on his face.

Evil Kyle sat up quickly. "I'm…back! I'm back!" He rubbed his knees where he had fallen. "I'm…bruised."

Then he leapt off the surface of the moon into the surrounded sea of stars, spinning, lifting, erupting. Evil Kyle ripped his black t-shirt off his muscled body and spread his arms, shouting, as he span above Earth.
There was a click of fingers, and he fell onto his behind in the middle of a living room.

"Hi," Randel said.

Evil Kyle grinned sheepishly. "Do you have, any t-shirts? I kinda lost mine."
Randel smiled slightly. He felt around in Evil Kyle's psi-constructed brain and decided it would be easy to control the boy.

While on the other side of the world Randall was slowly putting everyone where he wanted them, Christy was finally steering her way closer to the Forgotten Isle. The further South they sailed the wind blew less. This is why she had engines put into the ship. It was necessary to have them or they'd be stuck for days or even months in the middle of the ocean.

Life with Father began flitting into distant memory. Vic became more and more adept at sailing. Ted finally stopped being a nuisance to step around and found his true calling. It seemed that no one else could repair ropes better than the Dog. Baby Jana grew and was beginning to look like a spitting image of Beauregard with her Mother's blue eyes and smile. Despite having a Mother with special gifts, Baby Jana was like her brother Vic. Her only gifts seemed to be uncanny coordination (seeing as how she could already walk at seven months old) and being able to talk.

Christy sat upon the railing watching and enjoying one of the few moments of peace she had left. She knew that Randall had tapped into her mind and knew where she was. It was only a matter of time until he came after her.

She hoped that her family was safe. For now though things progressed at an almost lazy rate. Time ticked along as it should. Closing her eyes she felt the wind die completely. Without looking she heard Mac walk up, "It's time. We've come to the place where the wind dies."

"Aye, drop anchor. I set off in the morning." Christy said gathering up Baby Jana and heading off into her cabin for a good night's sleep.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, a good chapter... But you're messing up your chapter ennumeration again, this should be 13.
And the scene of peacefulness at the good ship Reunion was beautiful. Helps counter the scariness of Evil Kyle reawakening under Randall's control.

Please post more, we wanna know what happens next.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Thanks. And I appologuise again for all the current confusion, hopefully the next chapters and epilogue will explain for anyone not getting...any of it :stick_out_tongue:

Beau

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Next chapter you say? Would very much like to read this Chapter 14 you speak of, o British bearded one.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Now now, Mr Cole, gotta give the others time to catch up. And...Beard??? You must be jokeing. :stick_out_tongue:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
About the beard, yes. About the story, never!
Besides, what kind of father would I be if I didn't set a good example for my little kittens to follow in nagging for more story, when you know they deserve that more story get posted PDQ.