The Moppet Family: The Reunion

Beauregard

Reaction score
Time for Beau to post a chapter! Which is kinda strange concidering I hardly wrote any of this particular chapter, it was almost all Christy's doing...and Dan wrote the DanDan section:

Chapter Six-Breaking

“Softer, relax girlie, that sword is your lifeline. Treat it as gentle as you would your lover but with the same respect that you’d give a cobra,” Mac patiently instructed circling the floor.

“You know that doesn’t make any sense,” Christy paused and wiped the sweat from her brow. Two weeks they had been at it. They were scheduled to set sail at dawn. She'd heard rumors of Bo and Adam hunting for her. They'd called Mac once on his cell phone, and he'd denied any sight of Christy. After he hung up he'd winked at her and said, "Girlie, I'm only being honest, you just don't look like the ol' Christy these days." Another time, she had heard one of the twins calling for her and had appeared in Adam's living room long enough to get the twins home and tuck them in bed. She'd kissed their foreheads. "I've gotta go now. I'll be back." And she was gone again. Now, she was here, with her sword, and her ship. She gritted her teeth, and the sword flashed a reflection of her eyes as she lifted it, twisted.

“Sure it does. That blade is yer lifeline Cap’n. Dance with it, not against it,” Dooley called from the deck of the beached ship where he had been stocking provisions.

“Uh huh…If’n I be so terrible then why won’t either of ya really fight me?” Christy pointed the sword from one man to the other.

“Girlie, good you may be. Good isn’t gonna cut it this time. You know that. You have to be sure. Nicky was overconfident. Christy was patient. Now put the two together and you’ll have it. Yer relyin’ on talent. We’re not fightin’ for thrill or pennies. The boys are joinin’ us tonight. They and you are fightin’ for something more precious than gold. We be fightin’ for our families. Since Randall’s been on the loose he’s tried to twist hisself around each and every crewmember. You picked a good crew years ago, Girlie. Not a one will turn agin ya even now. C’mon now show me what yer made of,” Mac swung his sword around in an attempt to surprise his opponent. Christy was ready and met his attack with one of her own. Round and round they went. Jumping here and dodging there neither took their eyes from their opponent’s. Mac’s eyes glinted as a treacherous thought came to his mind. “Ya know it’s too bad that yellow belly husband couldn’t be here. Never thought him to be a real seaman. Not that he could save you if you were in trouble anyways.”

Christy snarled as her eyes flashed. With one swift kick Mac was against the wall on the opposite side of the room. In a split second she had her sword against his throat and her hand pinning down his arms. Mac began laughing from his belly and grinned bigger than a Cheshire cat. “By jove I think she’s starting to get it!”

“I outta skin you alive Macdullah for that remark,” Christy said while putting her sword away.

“Good show Cap’n! It does a body good to see that you still have it after all these years,” a voice called out from the door.

“Forgive me Cap’n but I let the boys in,” Dooley said from his spot opening the hidden door.

A smile bigger than the sun crept from ear to ear, “No worry Dooley. I told ya to keep yer eyes out for my boys. Why Matty and Big Tom, how are ya?” Christy crossed the room to greet the new arrivals. The reunion had begun. Insults and laughter filled the room until the very walls shook. Quietly Christy slipped away from the small crowd unnoticed. She sat down upon the ship's railing and watched. Sure there was a few more pounds here and there. Of course most of them would be rusty, but these were the best of the best.

A soft touch on her shoulder made her turn to see Mac standing there. In his hands he held her old sword. He had polished and cleaned it for this moment. “Ready?” was all he asked. Taking the sword and standing, Christy smiled as Nicky’s laughter escaped her lips. “I think I’ve lived my whole life for this.”

Suddenly, her ears pricked as a faint sound of a door shutting. Motioning to the boys they quietly crept out of the hidden dry-dock. The sailors stood motionless appearing to be waxen figures, an illusion. Mac stood to Christy's right hand upon his sword. Christy stood quietly watching the two intruders.

The old museum was still and quiet as Beauregard Moppet and Adam Cole made their way across the dark room. The wax figures were as still and cold as, well, wax figures. Beau looked up at the picture that was supposed to be Nicky, “Looks nothing like her.”

“Maybe the eyes. Keep looking there has to be some sort of clue here. I mean where else would she be?” Adam stated inspecting the abandoned card table. "She's been here. Look her cell and pager are here along with Mac's."

"Why do I feel as if we’re being watched? I’d rather swim the Atlantic than drag Mother somewhere she doesn’t want to go.”

“Ya just may be doin’ thet. I thought I said no questions asked Adam. What are ya doin’ checkin’ up on me?” a voice called out in the darkness. Anger raged inside of Christy as the two began to madly grab at the dark corners in an attempt to capture her. For a moment Adam saw the truth, there was a crew here, hiding smiles and laughter. It flashed back to wax figures. “Might as well give up. One of ya should know by now I’m a master at throwing my voice.”

“Christy Nicola show yourself now! This is not playtime. Come now and I won’t tell a soul about this,” Adam roared in frustration.

“Hear that boys? They think it’s playtime! Let me enlighten you brother dear. This isn’t play. This is war. Only this time around I have much more to lose,” Christy said stepping into the lantern light. A few feet away Nicky entered the circle. Both drew their swords and rested them on the floor. Bewildered Beau stepped forward and reached an arm out to Christy. “Scary ain’t it? Surely you remember my friend Nicky here. Yes there are two of me just like there are two of you. However, we’re teaming up from now on ain’t that right? Anyways, I have work to do and you two are in the way. Not to mention it’s a school night and no one is watching the kids.”

“Mother…” Beau started but was stopped short. The illusion of Nicky disappeared as Christy tossed her sword in the air. Fascinated Father watched as she raised the handle and in one swoop everything went black.

Snapping her fingers the unconscious figures of Adam and Father disappeared. Christy sighed and rubbed her temples. The last thing she wanted to do was that. However, the less involved the better. Her family was safer that way. “C’mon boys. It’s way past time we be off.”

Meanwhile, far away, inside of a giant shoe, a scream was heard.

“I keep telling you, DanDan,” shouted an angry foot, the only foot in the world patient enough to remain living with the truly insane DanDan for this long, Fem Taeer. “You need to stop leaving your empty crisp packets floating in the sink!!” announced Fem angrily.

“What?” shouted DanDan, scratching at an itchy patch on her ankle.

“The sink!!” replied Fem. “You left your empty crisp packets floating in it!!”

“I did what?” she bellowed back, taking out a balloon from her pocket.

“There are crisp packets in the sink,” screamed Fem, his patience vanishing visibly. DanDan began distorting her newly inflated balloon into the shape of a donkey. “And I didn’t put them there,” continued the foot, “so I presume you did!!”

DanDan popped the balloon animal with a pin, making Fem jump with fright into the air. DanDan shrugged her shoulders and Fem turned red in the face. He gave DanDan a look and said, in one breath, “Are you quite aware how totally unhygienic it is leaving your empty crisp packets floating in the sink? Although I suppose you’re used to a totally bacteria-infested environment. I believe it was you who left that dead lobster underneath the sofa and didn’t tell anyone for months. And of course there was that infamous ‘bottled toilet water for sale’ incident. Except you didn’t tell anyone it was toilet water until we had complaints of cholera did you DanDan??? You know what, I don’t know why I even bother living here. If PeaPea ever got out of her neatly folded bed she would be disgusted and probably move. But luckily for us she spends at least 3 quarters of the month asleep, so we don’t need to worry about her getting upset over your disgusting lifestyle. But I’m not PeaPea, am I? I’m Fem and I am disgusted and frankly, DanDan, I’m considering moving. What do you have to say for yourself???”

He took a deep breath and glared at DanDan.

“Fem, I can’t hear you,” explained DanDan, removing earplugs from her ears. “OK, tell me now. I’m all ears.”

Fem blew out all his breath and hopped away angrily.

--

Meanwhile, back at MC and completly out of the story...

Father: *struggleing with shoe* How coincidental that the shoe should be stuck in my shirt while a giant shoe is shown on the screen. What a lot of S's...Vibs, don't even think about my wallet. It will do no good trying to steal it because it simply will not work! I, er, left my wallet at home. Well, no, I didn't, but if I say I did then you will think I don't have it and...

Vibs

Reaction score
Viq: *worried*

Vibs: *crawls over to father's seat* *takes his sweater lying on the armrest* *manages to tie his hands together* *looking cute* *get's wallet from his pocket*

Vibs: *goes out*

Vibs: *gets back*

Viq: *less worried by the sight of popcorn*

Vibs: Here I bought you some. *hands popcorn bucket to Viq*

Viq: *thinks* Wouldn't it actually be pretty much easier if we just made popcorn appear and fall down from the ceiling and into buckets by using our special powers ?

Vibs: Yes but this way *drops popcorn into mouth, glancing at father* is more fun..

Beauregard

Reaction score
Father: *tied to chair* I am your Father! Release me at once or I will...is that butterscotch-popcorn?

Vibs

Reaction score
Viq: yes mine are!

Vibs: they are not..

Viq: *whispering* I'm trying to make him feel better, I'd be hummiliated enough if I had been tied to a chair by my own kid.

Vibs: Right. *snaps fingers* *buckets of popcorn appears in father's mouth* happy?

Viq: that was not quite what I implied.. um..

Beauregard

Reaction score
Father: How am I supposed to eat this? If you hadn't noticed, I am tied to a chair.
Hevej: Allow me. *"borrows" Father's popcorn*

Ok ok. We will stop muffining the thread now, I promise! Ish! Um! It's nice to be back.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... The story's going great and I'm loving how everything's tieing in together... Mother leaving the family, gathering the pirate crew to her aid, hiding out in the shipping museum...
But I'm a little unsatisfied with how my character's being handled. Makes it seem as if Adam's completely powerless to, well... Stop Mother/Nicki and I know that's not what's bothering me. Heck, I don't bother to stop my real fury of a sister anyway. But he should at least know Christy's tricks, be able to defend himself or simply slip away into the shadows with Bo when they're in danger, or at the very least know what Christy's planning and be wise to leave enough alone scheming how he'd best be able to help out his sister... They are brother and sister, the best alumnai the Glendale School for the Arts have ever seen.
Just a small observation, hope for more story soon.

christyb

Reaction score
Count, you wait until the end. Right now Mother has her own mind. Trust me you'll be there in bigger force in the grand finale. I hate to give any story away, but I will a teeeny tiny bit. Mother as you can see is already miffed b/c Father kicks her out. So she's reverted to some of her old ways and cut herself off and....why don't I just give you another chapter.

Chapter Seven - Joining

“Set the sails, weigh anchor Mac. Helmsman, set your course due Northeast. We dock in four days midnight at Glendale Harbor,” Christy the captain of The Reunion called out in the dark night. The crystal clear night held gaiety in its air. A million stars shown and twinkled overhead. It was as if Nature itself was celebrating the return of one of her own. Choruses of “Aye Cap’ns” sounded through the air as the sails popped overhead catching the willing breeze. Gazing about Christy was amazed at the satisfaction that filled her soul. However a hole still remained. She nodded her approval to her capable crew and left them to their duties.

Mac followed her into her quarters and shut the door behind, “Glendale? Are you crazy? Do you want to get caught before we’ve barely begun?”

“Mac come here. Look at the map. We were unable to buy provisions at your home. We did that in order to keep questions from being asked. We won’t ever make it unless we stock up. Now there are some in Glendale who owe me. There the ship will be outfitted for what she needs without a penny spent by us. In and out in hours and no one is none the wiser. In case you haven’t realized we don’t have much more than a few pennies to our name. Until the Reunion out further to sea I can’t change that. From Glendale we sail Southwest. I have a hunch as to where Randall is hiding,” Christy stated motioning with her hands to the large map on the desk.

Mac wasn’t convinced, he leaned hard over the desk and studied it, “What about Bo?”

“What about him?”

“Won’t he see you and stop you.”

“No…he won’t. He made that very clearly I’m to do my thing and he his. He made it all too clear that he doesn’t want me or the kids.”

“Are you sure?”

“Positive.”

“You’re the Cap’n. I’m off to my watch. Get some rest. We have a long journey ahead of us Girlie,” Mac quietly left the room and his footsteps creaked on the ships deck. Sighing, Christy sat down on top of her desk and put a hand to her head. Long held tears crept down her cheeks. The swaying of the great ship grew more and more intense. With every wave her head spun more. Running to her cabin window she threw it open and let all her stress into the sea.

Days later a great beauty of a galleon docked stealthily at Glendale. Amidst all the modern ships this one was like a flashing light in the harbor drawing attention from it. As it slid into place two lone figures left and walked silently up the street. Not a word passed between them as Christy and Mac arrived at the Moppet house. Mac nodded and turned his back to the front door. Expertly Christy picked lock. Her house keys had been left Inside with her phone the day she left. “Piece of cake,” she muttered as she made her way into the house.

All was dark in the Moppet household. Faint snores were heard from upstairs. Aunt DanDan slept standing on his head in the middle of the living room. Christy sneered in disgust at him. She crossed the living room and began making her way to the back stairway in the kitchen. She wondered If she'd have time to stop In on the twins. To watch them sleep.

Christy stopped at a sound, and crept more silently towards the kitchen. A bowl of cornflakes and broken flakes of CD's was left on the table, and a half eaten lemon lay beside it. Christy pressed her hand to the door, and pushed it gently wider.

"Hold it!" a woman's voice said, and a tall, long-legged, woman stepped out of the darkness, feet slightly apart, hands pressed together holding a lollipop and if it were a gun out In front of her. "Don't move, I have a lollipop that tastes of cyanide and I'm not afraid to use it."

Mother stared. Who the he- "What are you doing in my house?!" Christy whispered harshly.

"What are you?" Miss Mingostone retorted.

"I have a right! I'm Mr Moppet's wife, and you…!"

"-am Miss Mingostone, the Nanny he called for."

Mother paused. "Oh." And she didn't know what she had been thinking. Of course this woman was the twins nanny, who else would she be? "Nice to meet you."

"I hoped you were Hevej," Miss Migostone said. "Come to kidnap me again."

"Hevej? I need to get on," Mother said.

"Can I get you anything?" Mingostone offered. "Coffee? A slice of cake? An organic, anti-GM shoe?"

"Sleep," Mother said.

"I can't get you sleep…though I do have a lollipop that tastes like pillows…"

"Sleep, child, you're so awfully tired. So very sleepy. I'm sure this dream has been very nice, but now it's time to slip back to deep sleep. A memory slips away from a gentle dream. Good night, Miss Mingostone."

Mingostone's eyes slid shut, and she slumped to the floor, catching her head on the table.

“So sorry. I never meant to give you that bump. Truly Miss Mingstone if you’re going to succumb that easily you’re no match to watch after my children. Just to cover my tracks breathe this in…yes now that‘s a good girl. Pleasant dreams and you won‘t remember any of this in the morning.” Christy kept talking to the now sleeping nanny.

Christy left Miss Mingostone on the kitchen floor and went upstairs. Swiftly she made her way to what used to be her bedroom. The nosy Nanny had cost her time. Too much time in fact. She’d have to work fast. In entering the room, she snapped her fingers and the wall containing the dresser swung open. Behind this was a secret closet that Beau didn’t think she knew about. Smirking to herself she went to open the box inside the closet. Lying amongst a bed of straw was an old pistol. Carefully she pocketed her old safeguard and returned to things the way they were.

After that she crossed to her old nightstand. In moments the contents of the bottom drawer were emptied and the false floor removed. Two inches laid there. Kept hidden away were a few things. Most were only old mementos that were supposedly lost years ago. Her purpose was the yellowed map bound in twine. Years ago her first husband Ron and she had a place to hide their gold. They named it Forgotten Isle. It was a technological wonder. Every sailor that helped them stash gold there was always awed by it, before they realized they were never to return. If Randall really wanted it all, the Isle had the power to give it to him. If Randall knew as much as she suspected he did it would be the place where he was hiding.

Tucking the map inside her shirt she made her way to the window and opened it. Christy began to jump out, but incoherent mumbles from the bed stopped her. Looking over she saw Father wince as the pillow rubbed the knot on his head, left from an encounter with her sword at the museum, wrong. Her face softened as she took a step toward him. Then she remembered what he said, and her face tightened. Sighing she jumped from the window and landed catlike on the ground. Mac pointed across the street to Adam’s house. The lights were coming on and a figure was making its way to the door. Without a word they ran down the street through the
darkness.

Moments after they had disappeared Adam appeared at this front door. Something had woken him. His head was still a little fuzzy from the bump Christy had given him. Upon not seeing anything he went back inside the house in search of another Tylenol. However, what he didn’t see was the teenager and his dog making their way behind the retreating pirates.

In the living room it was getting late at DanDan’s shoe-house. PeaPea, who had been in bed for the last month and a half, was heard snoring from her upstairs bedroom. Fem lay silently in his shoebox, dreaming of an island where blue aunts were kept underground where they couldn’t embarrass, insult or even speak to innocent, young feet.

Downstairs, Aunt DanDan was smashing all the eggs in the house with a mallet she conveniently kept in her leopard-print handbag. Each time the mallet hit the eggs, which were lined up on the kitchen table, a loud crash was heard throughout the house.

This, of course, didn’t affect PeaPea who had once attended the Glastonbury festival with DanDan- and slept through it. The same could not be said, however, for DanDan’s pet and companion Fem Taeer; who had awoken with a start to the sound of crashing coming from the kitchen. Fearing the worst, he hopped downstairs without putting in his contact lenses. He saw the blurry outline of his blue friend clutching a mallet and screamed, fearing DanDan needed to use the mallet as an act of defence.

“DanDan????” shouted Fem. “What’s going on?? Are you OK???”

“Oh yes, it’s just these eggs! They won’t smash themselves, you know?” answered DanDan calmly.

“Why are you smashing eggs at this time???” questioned Fem angrily.

“I could hardly do it in broad daylight could I?” began DanDan, “don’t want to look like an idiot do I?”

Fem rolled his toes and eyes and went back to bed, wondering why, when all souls should be sleeping, DanDan's demented brain was always teaming with activity.

“I tell you Ted that person is up to something. I’m going to find out,” Vic said as they ran behind the two pirates. "And if it's not technically legal, I bet it's fun. Come on."

“"Arffy trell rou if smelffed jarft rike rour Maffer, narffin rou ruffy arbarf" Which being translated means: "And I tell you it smelled just like your Mother nothing to worry about,” Ted barked.

“If it is Mom I want to know what’s going on. She hasn’t been home in…Oh my holy tomatoes. Would you look at that!” Vic gaped and stared as they came upon the docks.

The docks teemed with activity. Men were loading crates onto a large boat under the direction of the biggest man Vic had ever seen. Off to the side a smaller man shook hands with Mr. Movius. Mr. Movius owned the largest store in town and was well respected. Vic wondered what he had to do with the man who had a sword hanging on his side. He motioned to Ted and they snuck their way up the rope ladder on board. Just before getting caught they jumped inside a lifeboat and pulled the cover tight.

Footsteps came close and then stopped. A voice called out, “All ready Cap’n.”

“Very well, Cast off,” a second voice said.

“Aye Cap’n. Weigh Anchor, set the sails, helmsman plot a course due southwest,” the first voice called and grew faint as it moved away.

Vic looked at Ted the Dog with wide eyes. He put his finger to his lips to motion silence as he pulled up the cover a bit. All he could see was from the waist down. The person who was the captain had his back to the lifeboat. Vic watched in wonder as two more pirates walked up to him.

“Cap’n this be my boy Fitzwilliam. He snuck into port and spotted us. He begged to come along in the first place, but his mother dinna want him too. I’m hopin’ we can keep ‘im along until we put to port next.”

“Fitzwilliam?? Your family likes that name don't you Blackjack? Well, Friggin, Seeing as we’re already underway and we’re not putting to port again. He may stay. You’re to be treated like a man and will do a man’s work boy. You receive no special treatment neither from me nor your father here. Take him away and make a bed for him Bill. Friggin you’re to report to Dooley in the galley at first light. Don’t be late.”

“Thank you Cap’n.”

The three figures began walking away, but the one called captain stopped and turned around. From the deck Christy turned and peered curiously at the lifeboat. She called Mac to her side. Pointing to the lifeboat she mentioned, “Mac how many breathe upon this fine vessel?”

“Why twenty and one souls girlie. Why do you ask?” Mac asked curiously.

Christy motioned for two sailors from the crowd to take the cover off the lifeboat. Vic stared at Dog in panic as the cover was whipped off, and they lay exposed. The crowd gasped and fury raged in Christy’s eyes. Matty and Bill each held one of the stowaways secure. Dog twisted himself away from his handler and started chewing on Matty's ankles. Dooley appeared in the galley doorway with a wedge of cooked steak. He tossed it in the air, Dog jumped, and Matty leapt, catching Ted and knocking the two of them onto the deck. Dooley caught the steak in his mouth, and grinned.

Vic snarled, and kicked. "Let me go you kidnapping no good…..Mother!!!!” Vic screamed.

“Release them!" Christy said. "What do you think you are doing here?”

“I saw someone sneaking the house. I wanted to see what was going on.”

“And you got yourself somewhere you have no business being. It’s too late to send you back now. You’ll have to become a part of this ship and work like everyone else. Understand me?”

“Yes, Mom. What about Ted?”

“I’ll find some use for him. A dog has no purpose being on a boat. Especially a pirate vessel.”

“No way! You’re a p..pi…”

“Pirate boy. Speak clearly. Yes your ol’ Mother is a pirate. Not so boring anymore am I? Now listen. On this ship I say jump and you say how high. You are to report to Dooley in the galley at first light. At half past seven you are to report to my chambers. Mac will take you down and put you in some proper clothing and show you to a bunk. Get a good night's sleep. Now I have work to do to cover where you’ve gone. I can’t have anyone following me,” Christy stated staring Vic straight in the eye.

Vic still gaping at the change in his Mother followed Mac below with Dog trotting behind. At home his Mom was in control yes, but Father really ruled the roost. At home Mom was just someone who nagged him to pick up his room and do his homework. His Mom wasn’t a pirate captain. Sure he had heard stories and knew the truth about his early childhood. All that was past…wasn’t it?

"Ted," he said. "This is going to be so unbelievably cool."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... I'll take your word for it Sis. Hmmm, havent seen the girls around lately.
Hexcellent chapter though... Vic's caught onboard with Ted... This'll make for some intense reading whenever the next chapter's posted.
And I liked Nanny Mingostone's appearance...
Along with the domestic dementedness of DanDan's shoe.

But this Black Jack 'Friggin'... That wouldna happen to be a character belonging to this Ryan guy who's been AWOL for the last few months?

christyb

Reaction score
The Count said:
But this Black Jack 'Friggin'... That wouldna happen to be a character belonging to this Ryan guy who's been AWOL for the last few months?
Okay it seems to be that I need to clarify this. Blackjack Bill is Fitzwilliam's (aka Friggin's) father. He's a character that I created oh a long time ago when I first started writing the story. Waaayyyy before Beau even knew about the story even and doesn't belong to anyone as of yet. Seeing as we're currently on the high seas here's a little character list of Mother's pirates.

Mother: All hands on deck! Roll call!

Me: :rolleyes:

Crew of The Reunion (at least those that are called by name)

Dooley- ship cook and builder he's nigh onto ancient and been with the outfit forever
Macdullah O'Connor- First mate and directly related to Mother. He's Mother and Adam's Uncle on their mother's side
Big Tom- sailor first introduced in the first ever MopFam fic
Matty-sailor first intro'd in the first ever MopFam Fic
Blackjack Bill-sailor who's son sneaks on board in the above chapter. His proper name is Fitzwilliam Darcy the Second, but that's not really important.
Friggin- Blackjack Bill's son. His real name is Fitzwilliam Darcy the Third, but that's just trivia that doesn't apply to anything.
Good Eye- sailor that will be mentioned later
Bonnie- a character will meet later on in the story. All you need to know is that her full name is Bonita but that's more MopFam trivia.

P.S. Just as a reminder I do have a character list of everyone who appears in this story if anyone needs it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Bonita? Guess that means she's beautiful huh?
Oh, not as beautiful as me darlin' catwife of course.

Aargh, uncle? Must've slipped Grandma Moppet's mind at the last reunion. And don't forget he'd be Gray's grand-uncle, seeing as how he'd be Lauraly Cole's uncle too...
Lauraly Cole, Mother and Adam's lost sister... Just helpin ye out girl.
And thanks fer setting us stright regarding the Fitzwilliams boy-os.
Now... Gotta get to a tale o' me own.