The Moppet Family: The Reunion

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
So suspensful! So great! I really enjoyed it. This was the part Beau gave me a little teaser of awhile back and it turned out just wonderful. I really love Bo's line when he's like "your brother just had kittens! Well, he didn't have them, although he had something to do with it, but..." It was so funny! Anyway, I'm really enjoying this and I can't wait to read more!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*In Floyd Pepper voice: Hey, looks like Christy doubled her post!
*In Janice voice: Like rully.

Where to start.
The "Bill" joke, I know a certain Chicagoean who'll get a squeee out of that.
The postcard from Russia... Ah, memories.
And then the random psychic census taker...
And the threat from Randall on my darling wife... No! Oh, she's all right.
For a moment I thought the man in Izzy's dreams who then showed up was Abu Fletcher instead of Randall.
And then the moment when the two strapping handsome men take Christy away for the makeover... Ah, more memories from the thread.
The ballroom scene, can't help but have the music from At the Dance playing in my mind.

The phone call between Christy and Bo...
a. The kittens are born!
b. Nanny Mingostone.
c. The edible clothing.
d. The nutrition nannies...

And finally when Randall and Christy are dancing.
T. Otally Cool, ah yes something that'll have to be addressed later.
Miss Nancy, I know someone whose going to remember her and her violet eyes. Maybe that's where Mingostone got her green eyes? Eh, it'll get taken care of later too I suspect.
A great chapter, so please post more soon.

*Edit: Got ziffled by Beth. Yes, that's from before you took the role of Isabelle Midnight-Cole... Rully glad you're part of the troop now though.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
A fantasticabulous chapter- no, two of them! Sorry I'm late for the other, but this one! Oh! I squeed at Bill. Yes I did. I certainly did. And you know what else I squeed at? At this!

"She said, "Yooou have waaaays of making us taaalk," and disappeared promptly."

THAT WAS ME! In the thread! That was me before I was kittens! Oh SQUEE! <Giggles insanely>

But enough of my personal indulgence. THE CHAPTER! Oy! Oy my holy mosquitoes! Somebody stop that man! Oh, they're already trying to, okay... TRY FASTER! Oh he gives me shivers like a good villain should! (Good villain? How oxy-moronic...) The, the, mind control! Izzy- I mean Mommy- I mean Izzy- I mean- AHH! But I'm coming! Er, we're coming. They're coming? The triplets/me. (One of these days I'll figure out the correct pronoun with which to refer to us... me... them... er...)

And the dancing! Randall! Grandma! CHRISTY, DO SOMETHING! Oh, she did. Plan B? What's plan B? Tell me tell me tell me tell me PLEASE!!!

MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... You didn't notice the names of the people Christy said tried to take over the world? And I'm hoping to know what you think of a little something I started in the Fics...

But I agree with these little bundles of excitement. More story please!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Well of course I noticed, but you had already mentioned... And go take a look, I just posted there.

MORE PLEASE!

Vibs

Reaction score
*applause for Christy and Beau* It's really really awesome you're writing this and putting it together! I can't wait to read the following chapters and also get MopFam re-opened! But for now, bring on some more of that amazing story about our favorite (mop)family :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ahem... Note from Management.
If there are any people from that dratted Muppet Central website's forums who wish to join the Moppet Family cast... Then stop stuffing the ballot boxes, as those are deposited directly into the rubbish bin. Send your letters of audition to one Mr. Beauregard Moppet if he's not too busy galavanting about the world on one of those stupid requests we give him just to keep him out of our hair. And send any financial contributions in the form of money or bank notes or what you may call cash to the offices of Wilson's Something or Other.
That is all.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Wonderful! Great! Keep it up. I can't wait to get my Fan Fic up and ready for people to read about how I meet Vic and his Family The Moppets. We need more story Christy. WOOOOOO!!!!
I loved the part about Chuck Wagon Wonder and Yakman. That brought back some old times. I hope that Chuck Wagon Wonder is out there somewhere. *turns on light with C.W.W signed showing in the sky*

Yakky: Hey?

What?

Yakky: That hairy beast took one of my lines.

What's that?

Yakky: My hurmph!

Biggy: What? I can't use it?

Yakky: Nope!

Biggy: Figures.

Yakky: What's that mean?

*yelling* Guys!

Yakky & Biggy: yes?

Stop it! Just let it be.

Yakky & Biggy: Yes sir. *slutes me*

christyb

Reaction score
Chapter 4-Fighting

(Note from Management- Sorry Count you're too slow so I get to post it.)

Mr Cole sat in a deep armchair, surrounded by kittens. Well, two kittens and a little girl. Kelly was a light dusty brown kitten, and lay on the arm of the chair gently pricking the material with her toenails. Ann was white, and sat on her dad's knee in kitten form, purring. Tabby hung over the back of the chair, a little girl with red hair, listening intently to the Sesame Street story Adam Cole was finishing. "And…" he said.

"I know! I know!" Tabby jumped off the chair and started bouncing. "Kermit's gonna make everything all better!"

Ann pounced off Adam's knee and turned into human form before she touched the ground. "No, Robin! He's going to make every thing better."

Kelly shook her kitten head. "No, Zoe is going to make everything better!"

"But Kermit always makes everything better! Always!"

"But Robin…"

"No Zoe…"

Adam chuckled. "Now girls, why don't we finish reading and then you'll know who makes everything better."

"Adam!!"!" The shout came from inside the next room.

"Oh no…" Adam murmured. "Excuse me girls." He started up, and the door slammed open and Christy stood there with one arm on the door.

"Hello Adam."

The girls crept backwards, in kitten form. "What is that?"

"I think it's another…what'sitcalled."

"Relation."

"Yeah."

Adam raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing here sis?

"Want a list? Let's see, I'm stuck on a stupid mission with a Mother who kidnaps me, and locks me in a beauty parlor, and drives me crazy."

Grandma's face appeared next to Christy's. "Now that's no way to talk about a lady, how dare you."

Christy snapped her fingers in front of her Mother's face and she slipped to the floor sound asleep. "Better. Look, Adam, I don't think Randall's a serious threat. I met him, and he was just hitting on me."

"He hit on you?" Adam's dark eyebrows hit the roof.

The kittens glanced around in fear afraid the hitting man might be near them.

"So, you know what, you keep Mother. And I'm gonna be a Mother." She meant it. She'd give it up for her family.

Adam frowned. "Are you serious, or is this one of your tricks, sis?"

"Serious, very."

"I should tell you then," Adam smiled. "Your husband's taken the good ship Christy out to sea with Hevej, and the twins."

For a moment Christy stood there in shock. The triplets ran and hid under the sofa. Grandmother Cole snored softly from the floor. Adam stood there judging what she’d do next. Christy’s eyes grew dark and stormy. With her jaw set firm and muscles rigid and ready she spun around and ripped an old sword off the wall. It was a Christmas present she had given Adam long ago. Glaring at Adam her voice rang out in a tone that made your blood run cold, “Don’t try to stop me.” With that she was gone.

Christy paced back and forth in the living room of the Moppet house. It was perfectly clean and that disturbed her. Vic was lying asleep in front of the TV and that was perfectly normal. "Hello Mac?" She spoke into her mobile. "It's me. Christy! How fast can you get me to the outback? Sure, I know that I'm not allowed at sea. It never bothered you before. I'll meet you at your place in an hour."

Christy shook Vic awake. "Hey, Vic, it's your Mom."

"Mom? Where's dad?" Vic groggily moaned rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"You may have to get used to not having him around…cause when I'm
done with him… Look, I've left you the number for pizzas, and the keys for the car. Don’t burn the house down. I'll be back in a few days."
"Sure mom…where's dog, and…zzz…" He fell back to sleep. Christy watched him worriedly for a moment, then shook her head, found her coat, and set out after Father.

"Avast ye lubbers!" Moppet cried, hand on the helm, hair blown back by sea winds and spits of sea foam. "Iron the sails, sweep ye decks, a strong headwind and we'll hit Malta by dawn…or something…" Moppet was dressed in a work-shirt, cut off at the sleeves with a silk tie hanging undone around his neck. He'd been looking for Mother when he met an old sea captain friend. A man he'd dreaded seeing since he got married, and a man Mother despised. Captain Hevej Skulington. "Yo ho ho and a bottle of scotch," Moppet sang out.

They'd originally started in Antarctica, then taken a plane to Australia after picking up a hint that Mother was there. Mr Harvey had packed a sheet of ice for the office back home, and attempted to keep in cold by giving it regular sponge-baths with Suzan. Or rather, Suzan giving it sponge baths with a sponge.

Father had given up piracy when he married Christy…a promise he'd never broken. But now, where was Christy anyway? How would she know? Did she even care anymore?

Vibs and Viq sat on the plank and pointed at waves. "Look a wave!" Vibs said.

"Look, a lots of waves!" Viq smugged.

Splash. Something dropped into the sea, and Viq was sopping wet. "No fair! Did you use your magic?"

Vibs grinned worriedly. "I don't know?"

Father turned from the wheel and saw Hevej, bearded and old, staring at the kids. Father wondered how he'd take to having children on board. As well as a Yak, Bigfoot and the boy-next-door-turned-cabin-boy-next-door. Vibs and Viq leant forward over the edge of the plank, so close to the edge. Father let go of the helm. "Hey…"

"Man over- woman over board!" Hevej shouted. Father came running, he should have known those two would…oh, it wasn't the twins, it was their nanny bobbing in the water holding lollipops above her head to keep them dry. "We should grab a rope?" Father suggested. "Or, start panicking, or something."

Viq clicked his little fingers, and Miss Mingostone appeared dripping on the deck. Hevej bent and lent her has hand, helping her up. "Why hello, Miss-?"

"Mingostone," she replied, blushing. "Liza Eewopp Mingostone. I'm the nanny Bo called for. And, thank you, you saved my life, you are my hero." Hevej raised and lowered his eyebrows, and kissed her hand.

Viq blinked. "Did he just…"

"Yup," Vibs said.

"But Miss Mingostone…"

"Yup."

"What about me, I…"

"Yup."

"But I love…Vibs, stop saying Yup!!!"

*****​

Mr Cole lifted a meatloaf from the oven, and placed it steaming on the table. "Christy was here today, Izzy."

Izzy placed plates out as the kittens climbed onto their chairs. "How is she?"

"Not good. She declares she will not find Randall."

"Which means?"

"She has some plan up her sleeve, no doubt. And right now she's getting a boat to go find Father Moppet. What if she takes it too far?"

"Maybe you should go with her," Izzy suggested. "I'll take care of your Mother." She watched as Adam sliced meatloaf onto plates.

“Mother is the least of my worries. It’s Christy when she gets back to water. You know things have been shaky with her and Bo lately,” Adam took a seat and filled his own plates.

“All the more reason for you to go after her and find out what she’s hiding up that silly sleeve of hers,” Izzy finished and wiped a bit of ketchup off of Kelly’s face.

"Why is it up your sleeve?" Tabby asked.

"Why not?" Ann said.

"Well, it could be somewhere else you have things."

"Like up your pants leg," Kelly stated.

"Nah! That's silly!"

Moments behind Mother, Adam Cole's ghost ship hung in the water near the good ship Christy. Water swirled and gurgled between them, a whirlpool twisting out wide and hard, reaching its tentacles towards the other ship.

On board Father was downstairs, checking on Kyle the-boy-next-door-feeling-sea-sick-and-not-very-cabin-boy-ish. "Will you be ok if this boat rocks back and forth, and turns suddenly, and tips half over?" Father asked, concerned.

Kyle's reply was muted by the bucket he kept his head in.

"Ok, good," Father said, and headed towards the deck. Halfway up, he saw himself in a mirror. The same, and yet, different. Moppet, as he used
to be. "Are you ready?" the mirror seemed to ask.

"No," Father replied. Ooh yes, he thought.

*****​

Mother's ship was almost no ship at all. Certainly nothing she'd be proud to own. Mac, bless 'im, thought she'd be more comfortable not returning to anything ambitious. He obviously didn't have an inkling of her future plans. Mac stood with his arms half hanging over the helm. "Look, girlie, I'm saying there's a giant whirlpool and what appears to be a sea monster's arms hugging that old boat. I think we should stay put."

A sea monster? Sheesh, at least her brother was original with delay tactics. Christy stepped up behind him. "Mac, this is an emergency situation, I say sail straight for the stupid ship! Here, let me."

"With pleasure." Mac handed over the steering, and Mother gripped it tight, steering straight into the whirlpool, closer, closer, and then a sharp right sending it back out as she leapt for the rigging and a rope.

*****​

Moppet strode onto the deck. "We ain't staying here all day, Captain. What I figured was…"

"Mop, if we don't get out of this we're doomed," Hevej replied. "I'm gunna try that trick with the sails."

"That trick! After all these years?"

"Aye, better pray, Mop, if you can." Hevej ran to the rigging, hands gripping ropes, feet stepping up.

"We're doomed!" Viq wailed.

"You sure are your Father's son," Vibs muttered.

"I'm doomed! I'm a baby doo- Hey, what's that supposed to mean?"

Hevej looked down from climbing. "Mop, you know what to do old mate!"

"I do," Moppet yelled back. "…I do?"

Hevej climbed hand over hand, he pulled open a knife with his teeth. Moppet steered full right, turning, turning. "Are you there yet?" Moppet yelled.

"Almost!"

Miss Mingostone stared up, gooey eyed. "So brave…"

Hevej jumped to the boom, walked along it. "Ready Mop?"

"No, never! I cannot watch!" Father thought. "Yes, ready," Moppet shouted.

Hevej leapt and caught the sail below, sliding down until a gust of wind hit it full force. The boat began to tip, and turn. Hevej sliced ropes, slash, slash. The sail filled, Hevej caught a cut rope, and flew on the end of the sail for a moment before catching his foot the rigging. The sail, in a new position, caught every ounce of wind and the boat was almost lifted, dripping, from the water for a moment, before splashing back down outside of the whirlpool.

Father fainted. And so did Viq.

"You guys are so related," Vibs said.

"Man, Mop, you have got to get this family man outta you," Hevej said, “What in the blue blazes. What kind of devil would steer straight at us across a whirlpool. Grab something men, the thing is just about to hit us broadside!”

Which was exactly the moment that Christy Nicole Moppet landed on the deck, flashing a smile, and sword brandished

Moppet snarled. Then, eyes widening, the character of Moppet disappeared from Father's head and he was left alone. "Mother! I…um…that is…"

Hevej stared incredulously. "She is Mother? Not her."

At that moment Kyle-the-kid-next-door decided to join the group. Looking at the twins he asked, “You think they know each other?” The twins just shrugged.

Mother marched forward and placed the tip of her sword against Hevej‘s throat. "Stay out of this. I never liked you, besides the last time you saw me I looked and acted very different. Not to mention I stole your ship and sold the booty, but we won't go into that." Swiftly as it appeared the sword was gone. She turned to Father. " What are you doing here? Why did I find Vic at home alone? Why did you drag the kids in with this...this...riff raf!"

"Drag? I dragged? I was looking for you! Where do you think you were?"

"Now," Christy went on. "If you'll excuse me. I'm going to take the children and you, Moppet, home. Now."

"Oh, indeed," Moppet replied. "However, dear, for once I think mebbe I should be the judge of what exactly I do. So there." He folded his arms and waited for her response.

"I'm right behind ya, Moppet," Hevej said. "Literally...she looks armed..."

Father watched Mother's face, clouds racing over her expression. "And naturally," Father rushed on. "My judgment of exactly what to do just now is go home with you dear. That was…entirely my decision."

Christy's expression didn't move an inch. " I should just gully you both and be rid of ya. Don't worry it'll be painless and I won't let the kids watch. You deserve it Moppet for going back on your promise." And then her eyes changed. Going back on a promise. Wasn't that exactly what she was planning to do herself? Mentally kicking herself, she glared at Father. Besides, what she was doing was different. He was out here joyriding.

"Well, I…promised, yes," Father said. "But Moppet didn't."

"No, dear, Moppet promised. Remember when you asked me to marry you? I'm sorry but Moppet is the one who popped the question. Or do I need to remind you."

Hevej stared. "Wait, you asked her to marry you?!"

"Stay out of this!" Mother roared.

"You know," Moppet stated. "I think there are two ways to do this."

"Exactly," Christy said, drawing a sword from nowhere and pressing it to Father's neck. "Wanna come peaceably or shall I drag ya?"

"Well, I have a fancy sword of my own. See ya later, alligator." Moppet once more, Father leapt backwards onto the rigging. "In a while…oh, nevermind."

"Oh, no, mother and father are discussing again!" Viq said from nearby.

"They are not discussing, they are arguing with big knives!" Vibs added.
"Actually they are more like trying to kill each other..."

"Turn around kids," Mother said. "You don't wanna see this."

*****​

Father walked downstairs and clicked on the electric kettle. "What was that really about?" Father asked, stepping towards Mother who sat with her back to him. It was two days after the high-seas battle, and they were safely home.

"I'm sorry about the cut," she said.

"Oh, no, no, that's fine. It doesn't hurt any more. I was just surprised."

"I can't believe you went on that ship," Mother stated, standing up. "What about all we promised? The kids what about them?"

"What about it?" Father copied, suddenly getting all defensive. "Excuse me, but I was trying to find the one whose job is staying here with the kids."

"Your babysitter," Mother’s voice went cold "Your babysitter? Is that all I am to you?"

"Yes and my wife, who I love, and who I do not want to lose because some wacky Grandma decides to kidnap her!"

Mother smiled, "Mother is the least of my worries. Bo, there are things going on, people trying to take over the world, stuff like that. There are more things to worry about than me. You just have to look after the kids. I‘m the only one who can stop the maniac this time."

Father finished fixing his tea and turned to her. He crossed the room and stood across from her, "I think that's what you left over, cause you hated looking after the kids."

"No, I…it was different. What? You don‘t ever miss it Bo? I saw your eyes when we were fighting"

"So, I get to look after the kids while you do, what exactly, get some high-power job?"

Mother stood up then. "So what if I do? The kids are every bit as much yours as mine!"

"Oh, sure, Vic's mine," Father said, voice dripping sarcasm. "I always thought Ron may have had something to do with that."

Mother's face was totally shocked. "Don't you dare…"

"And then there's the whole magic incident with the twins? Like that was my fault. I wonder if any of what you call our kids are...."

"Beauregard Moppet what has gotten into you?!! It takes two to tango Bo. I’m do not have to stand here and listen to this!,” Mother shouted.

"Yes, you do and you will."

"No," Mother said. "I do not. You’re mad at me because I’m finally doing something with myself after ten years. I’ve sat here day in and day out all alone with just children to talk to. No friends because according to the government I can’t have any. While you get to go out every day and have the time of your life. I have to do this, and you are just going to have to live with it, Bo."

"Yeah, well, great. As long as I don't have to live with you."

Mother started to speak, and stopped with her lips and teeth apart. Tears stung unshed in here eyes, “Then you won’t have to.” Then she disappeared.

"Where's mom?" Vic walked into the kitchen seconds later. He snatched a piece of toast off the table tossing it into the air. Ted leapt up and snagged it between his jaws.

Across the table, Father kept his face in the paper. "She got some job, big magic school thing." He sighed, folded the paper. "Actually, Vic, she's not going to be around much from now on."

Vic looked into his Father's eyes, searching for a deeper meaning, and Father let his government-training take over and shield all secrets held there. He lifted his tea. "Shouldn't you be at school?"

"Yeah, well, Kyle turned evil of something and his pets need the help of Bunny Boy, that’s me. So, I gotta make like a gymnast and split. See you later Dad."

Father sipped. "See you later son."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... He did warn me you might get here before I did. Guess I can blame thaton having a life, though others might not know what that is.

*Squeee Moment 1: The ghost ship.
*Squeee Moment 2: The high seas battle, whirlpool and all.
*Squeee Moment 3: Mr. Harvey getting the sheet of ice from Antarctica before they headed off to Austrailia.
*Squee Moment 4: Vibs saying Viq is very much his father's son, and then they both faint.
And did I detect a hint of connecting the rowd between Bo and Christy at the end with Bo's 2nd Mop FamFic?
Truly great and I hope more's to come very soon.