The Moppet Family: The Reunion

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys... Minidoozer posted this in the Silent Years thread, but I don't think many have seen/read/commented on it yet. Originally sent to her by Bo, I'll post it here too so we have a bit of continuity.

From Beauregard...
Chapter One- Beginning

Sweat poured down her forehead as the sun beat mercilessly on her back. Reflexes sharp, she turned around and around in a feeble attempt to meet the swift
deadly blade slicing away at her. Her last hope lay in her dagger, and her opponent quickly severed it in two. A scream of pain erupted as the silver flash
met its powerless target. Blood trickled down her forearm as she looked up at her opponent. It wasn't her only wound. All around her body other cuts gaped
open as her life's blood seeped away. Fear crept into the deep blue of her eyes as she looked at the man smiling menacingly down from his mountainous height.

"Finally, I've brought the great one down. Vengeance is a sweet thing isn't it? Goodbye now sweet darling," his voice echoed through the silence as she
fell weak from blood loss. He raised his sword above her throat and proceeded to lower it slowly. For a moment, he paused and time slowed down, "Don't
worry about your brats my dear. I'll take good care of them."

A child's scream of "Momma!" broke through as she fell back and closed her eyes. With the last bit of strength she had, she grabbed her broken dagger and
threw. Everything went black.

Christy Moppet gasped and sat straight up in bed. Glancing over at the quaint cow-shaped alarm clock, she saw it blinking endlessly. The power must've gone
off. She reached up to run her hand through her mass of hair. Bringing her fingers down to feel her cheek, she found it damp with a mixture of sweat and
tears. It was the third time that week she'd had that dream. Each time she would awaken in a sweat and gasping for air. Beside her Beauregard Moppet moaned
and rolled over.

"Christy, what is it?" he asked, sitting up, placing his arm around her shaking shoulders.

"The dream…I had it again. Only this time it was worse much worse. He was after the kids. The kids! I got to go and check on them," she tried to get out
of bed when he placed a hand on her arm.

"The kids are fine. They are fine. Well, beside the fact that they drew all over their bedroom wall when you weren't looking, and then blamed the dog when
the dog blatantly couldn't have written the fifth amendment all over the wall without using a chair to reach, they are fine. They're in bed, should be
in bed anyway. And so are you. How many times do I have to tell you it was a dream, dear? Only that."

"It was so real though," she said, talking with her hands. "I just have too…" She stopped. Light snoring drifted from the other side of the bed. Bo had
already fallen back asleep. Shaking her head in disgust she tossed the covers aside and muttered, "Moppet one thing ya ain't is sensitive you big lug."

Quietly she slipped into the hallway and made her way down to the nursery. From behind her, something nudged her. Turning around, baby Viq was sleeping
peacefully and floating gently in the middle of the hallway. She took her sleeping child in her arms and proceeded to tuck him in his crib. For a moment,
she thought to tell her brother Adam not to teach the twins any more tricks until they were older. It wasn't unusual for odd things to happen at night
while they were sleeping. They still were too young to be completely in control of their special gifts. Christy kissed the small boy on the cheek and crossed
over to the matching crib on the other side of the room. Vibs lay snoring while her teddy bear was dancing about the crib. Christy picked up the bear and
put him in the toy chest.

Viq turned over in his sleep. "No, there is no way I'm guna...zzz...wear that dress....zzzzz..."

Across the room, Vibs burried her face in her pillow. "I simply just....Zzzzz...love umbrellas...zzzz...."

"Zzzz...Why...umbrellas?" Viq asked in his sleep.

"Why...zzzzz...would you wear a dress...zz?"

"Why....zzz...not?"

Mother shook her head, and left the sleeping twins to their own devices.

Across the hall came an eerie glow of green and quiet cheesy music trickled under the black painted door of her oldest child's bedroom. Mother pushed the
door open, glanced inside where Vic sat in a chair, head back, mouth hanging open clutching a game controller. Stepping over his mutt of a dog, she turned
off the TV. Ted the dog rose up to see it was only Mother and returned to his dreams of a certain female down the road. Christy kneeled down to take off
Vic's socks and tickled his feet. A tradition of theirs, she's woken him this way since he was a baby.

Vic moaned and looked at his mother, "Wha? Mom I wasn't playing games honest! I was just…just…"

"…trying to contact aliens via your Playstation? No wait I know. You were discovering a way to convince me to buy you an X-box. Either way I don't care.
To bed with ya. Sunrise comes quickly," she replied as the teenage boy crawled into his bed.

She walked over and quietly tucked the covers around him. Half-asleep Vic muttered before she left, "Thanks Mom love ya."

"I love you too, Son. Now get back to sleep," Christy said and returned to her own room. She glanced at the still blinking clock before resting her head
down. Bo was right. It was only a dream. The kids were just fine. Now to get some sleep herself. Morning would come all too soon and the chaos would resume.

She lay back, closed her eyes, and they flashed open again. She couldn't sleep. She had to do something. Groaning she left the bed and propped herself against
the windowsill. Impulsively she opened the window and salt from the nearby bay wafted in. Mother closed her eyes taking in its sweet pungent smell.

Mother's eyes wondered across the dark street. Across the road was her brother's house. A light was on in an upstairs window where Adam Cole must be grading
papers for the Magic School, working on potions, or filing his collection of mysterious action figures. She sighed heavily and returned to bed. Turning
and tossing in the bed was better than letting her mind wander. She wasn't allowed to think about the part of her that was missing.

The sun began to peek over the horizon. With it came golden rays of blues and pinks. Through the window of the Moppet house a dawning ray broke through
and lit Mother's face. Opening her eyes, she quietly rose from her bed and readied herself for another day.

Scratching claws tapped on the wooden stairs, and Dog emerged into the kitchen. "Morning Ted," Mother said. She should find something to eat before leaving.
Mother crossed over to the pantry and opened the door. Inside, DanDan hung by his toes from the top shelf. Yawning she looked up at Mother's questioning
face and greeted her, "Good morning. Did you know that your cereals are wonderful ballet dancers? They were teaching me yoga last night. Do you want the
oatmeal? Here you go. Now please shut the door. I'm trying to convince the vegetable oil to marry me." With that, DanDan shut the door on a bewildered
Mother.

Mother blinked. "For the life of me I'll never understand Bo's relatives. He really should do something about that brother of his." Reaching into her pockets,
Mother grabbed her mobile phone and pager, and dumped them on a kitchen counter. She threw a look at Dog that said, "Don't you even dream of following,"
and left the house.

Adam Cole answered the door before Christy could even lift the Lion's-head door handle. "Hush, sis. We wouldn't want to disturb Izzy, not in her condition.
She seems to be really tired here lately"

"Of course I was exhausted with the twins. May I come in? I need to talk to someone." She stepped across the welcome mat, and walked straight through the
living room into Adam's inner sanctuary, his study. She paced for a moment, then shut the door. "Adam, I am going crazy. I can't take this any longer.
You know that itch you get when you're away from teaching and that place?"

"Tell me, what really is the matter?

"I think the books and experts call it mid-life crisis. I'm going nuts sitting in that house day in and day out. Taking care of that insane sister of Beau's.
The random animals that trample through my house. The lies, the hiding. I was called in the other day. They did a total check. Just to make sure. Apparently
there's some idiot out there posing as Nicky. Not that the impostor is any good. I think they're going to mind-wipe me and the kids. I'm just loosing it.
I think I need a vacation." She didn't tell him the truth, that she missed herself, her old self. The self that missed the sea, the taste of salt in the
air, and the rush that came from spying another ship on the horizon, and taking risks. She missed being daring and outwitting her opponent. The only daring
she did now was have twins. Vibs and Viq were incredibly predictable though. It came with the motherhood territory. She missed being Nicky. She knew, without
something better to do, she would return. Nicky was forbidden to raise her head.

Christy looked at Adam Cole, and wondered if he was attempting to read her thoughts. She pushed him further out of her head. "Get out Adam. You won't find
out anything. I've tricked those toys you invented for the government millions of times," she eyed him curiously.

Adam leaned back and placed his hands behind his head. Grinning mischievously he chuckled and replied quietly, "You were just in time. I was about to contact
you. I think you need to spend more time with our Mother."

Christy opened her mouth, and closed it. "What on earth are you thinking?"

-

Side Note - Viq and Vibs' sleeping dialogue came direct from the thread, take a little look back sometime, and you'll see the chronology coming together/how
it all fits in.

Side Note Two - The next chapter will star a new character who has been referenced before, but who needs casting because he should play a part in the new
season *hint* at a certain school.

RedDragon

Reaction score
Oooooo! I love it...I love it....

Mairin: When am I going to show up?

Rats: And us?

Not for awhile yet...Mother has to leave first.....Don't you remember anything?

Rats: Nope we're rats, don't have a long memory......What were we talking about?

Mairin: <scratches head> Oh yes! I remember...What about Jack? I've missed him...

<shrug> I don't know...Of course I don't know how we are talking either...I mean I'm you and you're me...I guess I'm just crazy and talking to myself...I do that a lot when am bored...or want to get an idea out...or I'm fuming...or a lot of other times...

Mairin: <nods> You need help...

...Indeed.....More Please!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Yes, yes, MORE PLEASE! And hey, don't worry, Nyssa, at least you talk to yourself in English. I was just outside wiping off chairs while talking to myself in German. Luckily I was staying with one language for a change, usually I end up sliding around between German and English with touches of Hebrew and another language that I'm making up. Oh, and then there's the times when I talk to myself or to other people in gibberish and...

Tabby: She is craaaaaazy!
Ann: For once, we agree.
Kelly: Thank goodness.
Tabby: More please!
Kelly: More please!
Ann: Wow, we agree again! More please!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Enjoying this all. Keep it up. Can't wait for our side of the story. I'm going to try my best to get some of my past worte into a little story for everyone to know how I meet Vic and the rest of the family. I was thinking that me and Vic meet back when we were just in 1st grade togther. So I'll try my best to get this started so everyone will know the story behind my past.

Yakky: Well I'm not. This is one boring story. *Hurmp!*

Hurmp back at you! Come on Biggy. Lets go get some pizza. Anyone else?

Biggy: I get to drive this time.

Fine.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No thanks... Think there's still plenty of good food at the cookout those folks were having over at the MC Dorms.

Erine81981

Reaction score
The Count said:
No thanks... Think there's still plenty of good food at the cookout those folks were having over at the MC Dorms.
Oh yea. I forgot about them folks.

Biggy: Come on then lets go there. We could make some good signature.

And a good photo opportunity. You want to join us Yakky.

Yakky: Nah...I'm going to take a nap.

Ok. Talk to ya'll guys later. (just kidding won't join them don't want to ruin the MC dorms)

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
A great chapter! Love it! Hug it!

Izzy: It was purrfect, I remember that time well, don't you Adam?

Anyway, I enjoyed it and can't wait to see more!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah yes... I remember it well.
Hope Sis comes in and posts the next part tomorrow.

christyb

Reaction score
Hello she is here and gone more later but just to answer some questions before I jet off to take an exam.

Marin: You appear later in the story. Actually much later like halfway through sorry.

New Characters: Yes there are loads and loads of them. The key one is welll....a surprise. Anyways, keep your eyes open and PM me if you find one you'd be intrested in.

Kyle and friends: Patience everyone gets at least five seconds of fame in this story.

Me: Where's Vic? Anybody seen him?

Me again: Chapter two in a couple hours or so. (After my exam)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know where Vic's at... Saw him online over the weekend, but he hasn't posted, doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't read this though. Alls I know is I sent out PM's to everybody telling them the reunion was starting.
And is that key new character the new addition you kind of hinted at a few messages back?