The Most Annoying Kids Shows

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was rushed out of the house before I could add this yesterday, but...

Taste Buds: You know by now I hate all the windmill crusade crap about childhood obesity (that is, idiotic, frantic, and halfhearted methods vs. long standing, common sense solutions) but this takes the cake Soy cheese and flax seed organic biscuit product. Now, there's actually a huge wave of boring, lousy kid's cooking shows being crapped out at the moment, but this one is a real joke. A bunch of probably not really teenage teenagers who are overly enthusiastic about making vegetable smoothies (every kid's favorite, right?) and other not really that fun healthy snacks and meals. Which wouldn't be so bad if they weren't extremely fake in their Pinkie Pie level of enthusiasm. I mean, I've said it before... I've seen episodes of The Chew, and it is pretty much one of the most annoying things I've ever seen, but their brand of idiotic over enthusiasm is genuine. They genuinely have too much fun doing that show. Now, imagine people pretending to have too much fun, but seem completely dead inside. That's Taste Buds.

And really... was there ever a call for a tweenage cooking show? Obesity crap aside... there are good cooking shows on PBS. Why have to have a bunch of teenagers jump around and shoot things with iPhones to be "hip" to try to appeal to an audience that's just not there?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
A bunch of probably not really teenage teenagers who are overly enthusiastic about making vegetable smoothies (every kid's favorite, right?)
Yeah, seriously, parents? You need to stop lying to your children and pretending vegetables will actually taste good. The moment the child realizes your deception, they will turn on you, destroying whatever progress you hoped for. Personally I think there's no shame in bribing your child to eat better. Adults do it all the time. :halo:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The show's not that, and I swear it was thrown on qubo's schedule as a lame attempt to get tweens and teens to watch. It's not meant for anyone under the age of 9 (though there are some that do, I just couldn't name them... METV has them), so that's not the group you're thinking of. in fact, they've added some other terrible show about information they found on the internet.

A TV show about information they found on the internet. That's like a 1950's movie that reviews television, or a cassette tape about how awesome CD's are. It's hardly annoying... just boring. Where are these tweenagers that like boring shows? I complain enough about the tween coms, but at least that has an audience.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
A TV show about information they found on the internet. That's like a 1950's movie that reviews television, or a cassette tape about how awesome CD's are.
I will give them the benefit and assume they're targeting people who are too poor to afford Internet connections in their homes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd see the point there, but I doubt that's what the show's going for. Finding out facts on the internet is something you do (at least in that age range, and at least with those facts) for school work, not leisure. And it seems more like dealing in factoids than anything educational.

Besides, if I didn't have a computer, I'd rather go over a friend's house or the library or something and go to web pages I'd want to go on.

Plus, it's just dreadfully dull. It's like those terrible, boring shows they showed on Sunday Morning that just reminded you that the weekend is over. They could have made this a fun show, but it's like some bad "Cable in the Classroom" thing that the teachers made you watch while they go have a smoke.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Gee, what can I say from my generation that was actually annoying or boring?
PBS always had a solid block of Sesame, Electric Company , Mr. Rogers, Zoom (1970's version). First-run cartoons on the networks on Saturday morning (although with the exception of the first two seasons of Scooby-Doo, Hong Kong Phooey, Hanna-Barbera was mostly cranking out assembly-line filler to sandwich between the commercials. Quite a lot of the animation was mediocre, but not necessarily annoying.

Probably the only show that people my age really avoided like the plague was Davey and Goliath. New Zoo Revue runs a close second, but now it's actually amusing to watch because it was so horrifically bad (plus they have some of the most hilarious outtakes you'll ever come across-worth the price of admission).

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know... I used to not really care much for New Zoo Revue, but watched it to make fun of it.

Until I saw the blooper. If you know what I'm talking about you already know. Then I wound up getting respect for the show.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There's more than that one famous X-rated blooper. Someone on youtube compiled a ten-minute string of outtakes where in between scenes, they let the cameras roll and the characters had so much fun creating some absolutely hysterical ad-libs. Maybe because they KNEW just how painfully dull the show was otherwise.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
New Zoo Revue runs a close second, but now it's actually amusing to watch because it was so horrifically bad
I was too young for New Zoo Revue but I happened to randomly catch it on TV a few years ago. May be the first time I literally almost died laughing, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One interesting thing I noticed is that once NEW ZOO REVUE met its demise, Sid & Marty Krofft seemed to pick up a lot of its production staff for their own shows... which kind of makes sense.