The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
the muppets saying goodbye to each other in muppets take manhatten. they were all family and for them to leave each other was hard for them.

fozzie saying he lost the bag of money was kind of sad too. fozzie let kermit down and thought his friendship with the frog was over with. good friends are more than money or a theater..

ryan

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Frank Oz fighting tears in People Profiles on Jim Henson

CousinLuke

Reaction score
"Saying Goodbye" in TMTM, listen to Gonzo's voice as he sings. It is so sad!!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I tear up at the end of Muppet Movie when that music starts and all the muppets are all soooo happy (after the film has finished)

Ace_Yu

Reaction score
It's not technically muppets, but the series finale of Dinosaurs hit me hard.

The end of The Storyteller's "The Heartless Giant" used to get to me too when the giant turned into a hill and the wolf ran up on him and howled at the full moon.

Mayhem Groupie

Reaction score
I'd have to say that hearing Gonzo sing "I'm Going To Go Back There Someday" always gets me.

toyzboy

Reaction score
tear-jerking moments

This is actually a great thread. A real tribute to Jim Henson's ability to move people.

I have three moments;

1) The MCJH special. No way to keep your eyes dry!!!

2) When Jim died, one of the broadcast networks did a segment on the national news. They ended the segment with the big crowd scene from the end of TMM as everyone sings "Lifes like a movie, write your own ending, keep believing, keep pretending...the lovers the dreamers and youooo." To this day, that verse and song will choke me up thinking about his death.

3) On Seasame Street, there was a bit with Kermit and little girl trying to do their ABC's. She's not being cooperative, and keeps saying, "A, B, C, D, E, F, Cookie Monster!", and giggles. Kermit asks her to stop "goofing around". But she still keeps doing it a few more times. Fed up, Kermit says, "If you're not going to do it right, I'm leaving!", and storms off screen. The little girl looks off screen after him, pauses, looks SO SAD, and says, "But I love you." It's the sweetest thing I've ever seen. So sweet, it makes me tear up. My mom and I saw it once on some kind of Seasame Street retro-spective when I was older (late teens/20's?). So every once and a while if we're agruing, one of us will stop and say, "But I wove you" (in a little kid's voice). Makes us smile.

Those are mine.

toyzboy

Reaction score
Follow-up

I forgot to mention, in case you haven't seen the Seasame Street moment I was talking about;

After the little girl says, "But, I love you", Kermit comes back in and hugs her, and tells her he's sorry, he's not mad at her.

(Kinda makes the story more tender).

;^)

Mayhem Groupie

Reaction score
I remember the scene with Kermit and the little girl! For months, that's how my little sister would say her alphabet! :big_grin: