1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by GuySmiley, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I don't know if we can call him pure-bred Muppet; maybe he's a mix...like, I dunno, a mutt dog on the street?

yeah, ken, that got me too. And when Darth Vader died. And when King Kong died. And Godzilla. And Jaws. Especially King Kong, poor ape, he was a victim of circumstances!

But when they show Godzilla falling into that volcano in that one movie, it broke my heart.

Um...but, uh, this was Muppet Stuff. Sorry.

I cried when they said Mr. Hooper died, and Big Bird started crying, and I teared up when Big Bird had that tear roll down his beak in Follow that Bird; oh, and One Little Star kind of get's me ni the heart strings, too...
  2. Billy's Girl

Billy's Girl New Member

Right at the start of the 'Muppet Christmas Carol' when it says 'In loving memory of Jim Henson and Richard Hunt'. I know there are no muppets in that part of the movie but it still gets to me every time!
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Ever since I saw the Great Performances Salute to Jim Henson, I can't help but get Misty-eyed during "Rainbow Connection" (with the exception of Rayvin Samone singing it off key in Muppets go to Disney World)

Also, at the end of the Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson when they find out he died and they get all sad, and Fozzie says to cancell the number and then they sing "Just one Person" I lose it completely!!! I just fast forward this now. I hate crying and feeling depressed. And "Sing" at the end of the end of the tribute to Joe Raposo! AYAYAY!!!! :(
  4. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Any Muppet death is tear-jerking!
  5. radionate

radionate New Member

How does one kill a Muppet?:confused:
  6. LOL!

Maybe it's like animated characters and "Dip"---there's just somethin' out there...
  7. radionate

radionate New Member

Acitone will eat through styrofoam, I wonder what it would do to regular foam? (please excuse the spelling folks, its been a long day)
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

First we talk about tear jerking moments. Now we're talking about killing muppets. WHAT THE HECK'S GOIN' ON HERE!?!?!?!?
  9. Foreignman

Foreignman New Member

I'll tell you what's going on, the Muppet Mafia is back, and is at large...
  10. Fozzie Bear

You rip it open at the seams...

I forgot to mention, "Just One Person" always tears me up pretty good, too. They sang that song at Charles Schulz's memorial; yep, I bawled again!
  11. Sorry to burst yer bubble Kev, but that won't work. Haven't you ever watched "Winnie the Pooh"? They can come apart at the seams, and they're fine. It'd sorta be like people and stitches. Sure, it'd be ickier that way, but if ya stuff everything back inside, they're still fine.

Or the Scarecrow in "The Wizard of Oz", when they totally "unstuffed" him---he was fine, just here, and there, and everywhere.

I still maintain it would have to be somethin' chemical...
  12. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Saying Goodbye

and

I'm going to go back there one day

also

The final bits of Muppets from Space
  13. The Gobeek

The Gobeek New Member

The Muppet moment that makes me sad is in MTM. When Kermit loses his memory it breaks my heart. The rest of the gang searches and they are so sad. I really feel their pain. It only gets worse too. When they find Kermit in the diner and he can't remember them...here come the tears.
  14. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

Actually reading your posts, and remembering all these special moments has gotten me a little misty....

I was fortunate enough to be at the Disney MGM studios on vacation when they were filming the Muppets at Walt Disney World there, and had the opportunity to talk to Frank Oz and Jim Henson, very briefly.

When I heard the news I was on I-10, headed into Texas... it hit me so hard, I had to pull over to the side of the road. That was as bad for me as the news of Dr. Seuss and Vincent Price passing away. JH was a big shock, as it was totally unexpected.

I guess the moments that gets me, post 1990 would be:

1) The scene from the TV memorial, where the Muppets read the Kids' letters to Kermit. I can't even conceal the tears

2) Kermits Ghost town speach to Doc Hopper in the Muppet Movie, about singing and dancing and making people happy. When I first saw it in the theater, it did not effect me. Now it just seems so prophetic....

3) I was also a little sad when I first saw Muppet's Christmas Carol, since it was the first Muppet project is saw without any involvement on Henson's part. I tried to watch some of the others, I just couldn't do it.

The truth is out, Uncleduke is a big softy after all.
    I am gonna go and kiss the kids, and hold my wife now......
  15. the_great_gonzo

the_great_gonzo New Member

I'd have to say my top 3 would be:

1.)Saying Goodbye in Muppets Take Manhattan.

2.)This sounds stupid but probably the end of Muppets In Space where Gonzo is saying goodbye to Kermit and Rizzo.

3.)The end of Muppet Family Christmas where Jim Henson is talking to Sprocket. He's smiling and you can tell that he really loved what he did.
  16. dlphntat

dlphntat New Member

I remember the day Jim died vividly. I was fresh from the army, back at a regular job, and my bos came in and told me that Jim had died.
    I stood there shocked, then, I couldn't stop crying.

As the muppets read the letters in "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson", tears always fall from my eyes,
    and in MCC, when they show the empty chair for Tiny Tim, that's a big one too.
  17. Fozzie Bear

Ooohhhhh, yeah! I forgot about Tiny Tim's chair, that wrings the water out of my eyes, too!

Oh, did I ever mention that One Little Star kind of makes me feel sad?

FOZ
  18. Foreignman

Foreignman New Member

Not stupid, that one does it for me too. Especially when Kermit says "We love you Gonzo...", that's the point where I totally fall apart. Oh, and Foz, I well up during that song too, but it doesn't do it for me, just listening to the track on the CD, you have to actually watch the part of the movie. So I think, though the song is strong the cinematography and performances are what really does it for that one.
  19. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

id love to see the episode when they read the letters where jim died i never saw it.......
  20. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

I have it, send me an email