1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by GuySmiley, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

how much would it cost
  2. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

Just a blank tape and postage, email me
  3. SuprGro78

SuprGro78 New Member

Uncle Duke

Hi uncle duke. I was going to email you through your profile and ask you if you could make me a copy of the same show. When I tried it told me you had requested not to be email contacted. I wan't sure if maybe you got a million requests and changed your prefrence or if you just didn't know about that.

4. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

3 most tearjerking moments for me:

1. tribute to jh(with follow me fr song)

2. the letter reading part of the muppets celebrate jh

3. the final episode of fraggle rock
  6. BigTeacherMan

BigTeacherMan New Member

The greatest Muppet moments

When I think of various Muppet moments that bring a tear to the eye, a few come to mind...

1) The tribute to Jim where the cast sings, "Just One Person" and Kermit peeks in to say they did just fine with Jim's tribute. Those are the first words we heard from Kermit following Jim's death, and they were, at the time, so wonderful to hear.

2) "Saying Goodbye" always causes some tears, especially when we see Fozzie holding his Teddy bear.

3) It doesn't bring tears, but chills--"Inchworm" sung on the old Muppet Show.

4) The Fraggles featured a song that came to be known as "The Music Box." It is, by far, one of the most beautiful compositions done for a Muppet production. It brings chills, tears, and smiles. It is truly an amazing piece of music.

5) The wedding scene from MTM. "She'll Make Me Happy," is such a wonderful song.

6) Finally, we have Alfie/It's In Every One of Us and Silent Night from "John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together" as well as the Christmas Medley in "Muppet Family Christmas" when Robin sings the same song accompanied by ALL the Muppets. What a wonderful moment.

Of course, there are many tears of anger and sadness for other reasons, as well. One being almost the ENTIRE Muppets From Space which I, being a classic Muppet fan, found atrocious (Jim never revealed Gonzo's true identity for a REASON!...and why, why, WHY am I hearing Kermit say "Get down with your bad self?" These are not the Muppets I grew up with. This is, quite frankly, nothing new, nothing original, and nothing inspiring). We also have the outrageously absurd editing of BOTH video versions of "A Muppet Family Christmas" in which various songs and clips are edited for no apparent reason. What's next? Editing "The Rainbow Connection" from a new pressing of "The Muppet Movie?" Give me a break, guys!

When I think Muppets, I think of what I grew up on...the first 3 movies, The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, Muppet Babies, and Sesame Street. They bring on tears of joy.

Today, with the absurd and atrocious writing being given to our old Muppets, they bring tears of frustration.
  7. MIKEB97

MIKEB97 New Member

It's saddens me that Sesame Street isn't the same without the ingenious pioneers that aided the show to achive such phenominal success. The writers are no where at the level of genius that Jon Stone, Norman Stiles, Jeff Moss, Jim Henson, and Joe Raposo had.
  8. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Well, this is the post-1990 Muppet world. Decent sequel, but can't beat the original. I give it two-and-a-half stars.
  9. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

It seems that just about any ending can make me tear up:

1) The Muppet Movie ending-Rainbow Connection of course!
    2) The group singing at the end of Muppet Christmas Carol
    3) half the songs on John Denver and the Muppets:A CHristmas Together--especially 'It's In Everyone of Us'...Im tearing up just thinking about it!
    4) The group singing at the end of A Muppet Family Christmas. even more so from that movie is showing Jim washing dishes with Sprocket, that's one of my favorite moments of all time.
    5) The quote from Jim: "It's a wonderful life, and I love it"

If i keep thinking about all of these i will be crying! One more thing that im sure would bring tears to my eyes if i could see it is the muppets farewell to Jim...i've read many posts of people asking for a copy of this show and im just wondering if anyone could help me get one too, thanks
  10. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

Id love it too mayhem!
  11. Jackie

Jackie New Member

The most tear-jerking Muppet Moment was in TMM when Kermit talks to himself and says "I did promise somebody...I promised me."
  12. GuySmiley

GuySmiley New Member

Hi everyone,

Just to add to my original list - I've just seen the Tiny Tim scene in MCC and it's awfully sad - the whole scene as Kermit/Bob talks about the ducks on the lake, talking about the first parting etc. and then the music as the camera slowly pulls down to show the empty chair with the crutch alongside it...oh it's simply terrible! It never fails to make me cry!

Guy!
  13. kansasteen14

kansasteen14 New Member

well the most tear jerking moment for me is in TMTM at the end when kermit and Piggy get married9real or not) also I have never seen the tribute to Jim someone please have a copy.
  14. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Or maybe when Beaker gives Scrooge his scarf!
  15. sameaglefan

sameaglefan New Member

sadly, i am one of the deprived souls who has not seen "the muppets celebrate jim henson" but would really like find it and see it someday (and will probably be crying my eyes out at the end of it) but the other tearjerker moments i can think of are:

1. in "the christmas toy" (my favorite christmas specials of all time along with "muppet family christmas") when mew the catnip mouse is "frozen" because he was caught out of place--its hard to explain but i'm sure some of you have seen it and would understand--i first saw it when i was 5 years old and ever since i have teared up during the movie.

2. rainbow connection at the end of TMM--of course

3. when big bird is told about mr. hooper's death on Sesame Street

4. and well, this doesnt really rank with all the others, but when i was reading the tributes to jim henson by all his fans on this site and listening to rainbow connection at the same time i was crying very hard by the time i was done reading them.
  16. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

>>>when mew the catnip mouse is "frozen" because he was caught out of place--its hard to explain but i'm sure some of you have seen it and would understand<<<

I completely understand!!
  17. Dream_Preserver

Dream_Preserver New Member

The little homeless rabbit shivering in the cold in a Muppet Christmas Carol is kind of a tear jerker, as is the time the gang parts ways in the Muppets take Manhatten.
  18. crazy ernie

crazy ernie New Member

im so blue from follow that bird. it makes me want to cry
  19. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Yeah seeing Bean Bunny shivering like that just makes you go...nooooooo!
  20. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

My three are:

The Wedding ending to The Muppets Take Manhattan

and

"If just one person believes in you" from Muppets celebrate Jim Henson

and

Gonzo's "My Way" on the Muppet Show when he was going to leave the show to go to India to become a famous movie star.

Quinnnnnn