The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Reaction score
The Tear Jerking Moments have to be

1.All of the Muppets at the end of the Muppet Movie.
2.All of the Muppets crying and them singing the Rainbow Connection at the Muppets 30 Years Celebration.
3.The Muppets singing At Jim Henson's Funeral
4.The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson Special.
5.Watching Crazy Harry Blowing something Up(U Laugh So Hard It Puts U in Tears) :crazy: :smile:

Benjamina

Reaction score
Foreignman said:
Not stupid, that one does it for me too. Especially when Kermit says "We love you Gonzo...", that's the point where I totally fall apart.
Hey, me too!!!

Another tear-jerker for me is in Follow That Bird where Big Bird is painted blue and he is singing about being blue...that one has gotten me since I was little.

Reaction score
Crazichi said:
This is my first time at Muppet Central and my first ever Muppet Message Board. It makes me feel so accpeted that I am not the only one that still listens to Sesame Street cassette tapes and I am not the only person that feels something quite sentimental about the Muppets. They are just so... touching. :halo: :smile: :stick_out_tongue: :rolleyes:

oh you are not alone at all, my dear. my best freind and i in our senior year of highschool had a habbit of watching our three episodes of fraggle rock on OLD vhs tapes, singing along with and having sesame street cds on in the background for hours, and watching christmas eve on sesame street last december. good times, good times

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
The "Saying Goodbye" song from The Muppets Take Manhatten. Ever since I was little, this song has ALWAYS made me sad :sympathy:

The Tiny Tim chair scene from MCC.

The "Old Friends, New Friends" song from A Muppet Family Christmas and Jim Henson's A Christmas Toy. I always feel so emotional, it's like the song ties together all of my past Christmas years into one :flirt:

BabyBeanBunny

Reaction score
Most tear jerking moment...

I guess mine would have to be when Kermit is saying good bye to Miss Piggy in MTM. It reminds me of when my own boyfriend (Now hubby) left me when he went to Calgary.

Muppetto

Reaction score
When Jim Henson died, the guy that drew the political cartoons for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution drew a cartoon which featured a very sad looking Cookie Monster sitting in a chair next to a table piled high with cookies. A man standing next to a woman nearby said to her, "He hasn't touched the cookies yet." It was so sad I cried. :cry:

I also read about another political cartoon drawn around Henson's death featuring Bert & Ernie with Bert telling Ernie that is was "okay to cry."

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
the wokkanator said:
When Jim Henson died, the guy that drew the political cartoons for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution drew a cartoon which featured a very sad looking Cookie Monster sitting in a chair next to a table piled high with cookies. A man standing next to a woman nearby said to her, "He hasn't touched the cookies yet." It was so sad I cried.
That's got to be one of the saddest things I ever heard!

:frown:

Fozzie54

Reaction score
the wokkanator said:
When Jim Henson died, the guy that drew the political cartoons for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution drew a cartoon which featured a very sad looking Cookie Monster sitting in a chair next to a table piled high with cookies. A man standing next to a woman nearby said to her, "He hasn't touched the cookies yet." It was so sad I cried. :cry:
There was also a picture on the cover of one of the major magazines (Life Magazine, maybe?) of Kermit sitting in Jim's director's chair looking extremely sad. Every time I look at that picture I get a lump in my throat. :cry:

lili

Reaction score
Fozzie54 said:
There was also a picture on the cover of one of the major magazines (Life Magazine, maybe?) of Kermit sitting in Jim's director's chair looking extremely sad. Every time I look at that picture I get a lump in my throat. :cry:
that picture is my desktop background at the moment, and when i turn off my computer at night and all the icons go away i just sit and look at kermit for a moment and get all sad.

the other pictures that really get me going are that silhoutte of jim and bert on a window ledge, and the one of jim and kermit doing up their ties in the mirror...

i recently saw the World of Jim Henson doco for the first time, and just cried my eyes out for the entire last half hour.

i would love to get a copy of the tribute to jim henson... does anyone have it on PAL??