The Most Terrible Sesame Street Skit!

superfan

Reaction score
The only one I can think of is the one where all the kids are walking through a jungle with safari hats and binoculars. They look around and see some animals, but then catch a glimpse of..oooh, what is it!.. this big letter that goes swinging through the trees with someone dubbing in a Tarzan call. Then the kids just stand there looking.."duuhhh". When the letter stops in front of them, they say "G!" and then they say "G!" and then they say "G" again! Aaaaargh! :stick_out_tongue:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
mikealan said:
It was a cartoon with a big sister and her little sister. As I remembered that skit, it made me really upset, because of her little sister crying! Now, as I watched it, I did not like it. Here's how it goes: A big sister talks about what happened with her little sister. Her little sister took her big sister's doll, but her big sister took it away, so she cried until her father puts her big sister in her room and became mad! Finally, her father explains that it is polite to share a doll with her little sister and that is the end. That sketch did sound terrible.
That segment was included on the video A new baby in my family. back to the topic, I don't really care for very many of the more recent non-muppet skits. There are probably some recent cartoons/ non-muppet films that I like, but I can't think of any off-hand. I especially don't like those scenes from the 33rd season where kids talk about something that had to do with that episode (these normally followed the street scene).

I also don't care much for Hand Talk or It's Hip To be A Square. Or Ernies Show And Tell. Or Monster Clubhouse.

And I do like The Alligator King.

ISNorden

Reaction score
The few times I'm sorry for Elmo

Boober Gorg said:
The only SS I can think of that I really didn't like, was the episode where Zoe and Elmo played with her pet rock, "Rocko". It was totally stupid, and she kept getting on Elmo's (and my) nerves 'cause she mostly payed attention to "Rocko". I literally cheered when Elmo angrily stood up for himself towards the end.
Zoe's actually done that in two episodes, one of which aired in a recent season (whether it was 35 or 36, I'm not sure). I saw that and immediately recalled the first episode; when a rehashed plot comes up, I'm sorely tempted to yell at the characters: "Zoe, darn it, you did the same thing a few years ago and ticked Elmo off...when the heck are you gonna learn from your mistakes?!?" Even though I normally wouldn't side with Elmo in a Muppet-centered plot, I know that Zoe's friendships are going to be sorely tested whenever she mentions the R-word. She's upset Elmo that way, she's upset Gordon that way, and I'm pretty sure that she's upset at least one other human on the street that way. Just once, I'd love to see an episode where Rocco literally gets smashed to bits (maybe by Biff and Sully's tools).

P.S. Not to nitpick over your spelling, but official closed captions on Sesame Street have spelled "Rocco" with two C's in at least two episodes.

JLG

Reaction score
Really? I like those Rocko episodes. Slow burns are always fun to watch, and it's great to see Elmo get mad for once. Since he's usually so cheerful all the time, seeing him go nuts is a novelty. "Rocko is a rock!! A ROCK!!! Aaaahhhhh!!!" And those withering looks he gives to the audience are just great (quite a feat considering it's just a puppet, without any facial muscles).

And I don't think it was simply "repeating" the plot, in this case. If I remember right, the second one has Elmo saying something along the lines of "not again!" It's supposed to be in continuity.

Tim

Reaction score
"THE BOY, THE GIRL & THE JELLYBEANS"

Actually, this is one of my favorites. It was shot VERY early in the show's run. Jim & Frank doing the boy and girl sharing a bag of jellybeans. What makes it my favorite is the really bad puppetry on Jim's part. As Jim's Anything picks up the bag, and doing his line, he completely forgets to move the mouth for a good three seconds-a RARE sight!

That thing played for years!

ISNorden

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
I hate that friggin My Dog Is Happy or something like that. It just looks so dang.......gah, stupid!
You mean the 70s cartoon about the dog named Happy...white, dorky-looking, and two or three times the size of the boy who owned him? When he got a snack from the boy, Happy gave an exaggerated display of happiness that belongs in commercials, not educational shows. The cartoon ends with the boy explaining, "And that's why his name is Happy." (My reaction: What do you call the same dog when he gets scared or sad, kid?)

ISNorden

Reaction score
superfan said:
The only one I can think of is the one where all the kids are walking through a jungle with safari hats and binoculars. They look around and see some animals, but then catch a glimpse of..oooh, what is it!.. this big letter that goes swinging through the trees with someone dubbing in a Tarzan call. Then the kids just stand there looking.."duuhhh". When the letter stops in front of them, they say "G!" and then they say "G!" and then they say "G" again! Aaaaargh! :stick_out_tongue:
Check out my reaction to a similar series of clips (giant letters emerging from a swimming pool). Just when kids thought it was safe to go into the water... :grouchy: )

mikebennidict

Reaction score
ISNorden said:
You mean the 70s cartoon about the dog named Happy...white, dorky-looking, and two or three times the size of the boy who owned him? When he got a snack from the boy, Happy gave an exaggerated display of happiness that belongs in commercials, not educational shows. The cartoon ends with the boy explaining, "And that's why his name is Happy." (My reaction: What do you call the same dog when he gets scared or sad, kid?)
I think you're taking it a bit to far.