The Most Terrible Sesame Street Skit!

mikealan

Reaction score
Well, besides the SS of today clips, what early and classic SS clips do YOU think are terrible and stupid?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
The only SS I can think of that I really didn't like, was the episode where Zoe and Elmo played with her pet rock, "Rocko". It was totally stupid, and she kept getting on Elmo's (and my) nerves 'cause she mostly payed attention to "Rocko". I literally cheered when Elmo angrily stood up for himself towards the end.

Originally posted by mikealan
It was a cartoon with a big sister and her little sister. As I remembered that skit, it made me really upset, because of her little sister crying! Now, as I watched it, I did not like it. Here's how it goes: A big sister talks about what happened with her little sister. Her little sister took her big sister's doll, but her big sister took it away, so she cried until her father puts her big sister in her room and became mad! Finally, her father explains that it is polite to share a doll with her little sister and that is the end. That sketch did sound terrible.
TRIVIA TIME: The artist of that sequence is craig Bartlett, who also created Arnold. Arnold was also seen on SS, but became more famous in the show Hey Arnold!

Originally posted by mikealan
A baby bird happily jumps on its nest as its mother bird watches it. Then a boy is walking and carrying his groceries, until a baby bird begins to fall off the tree and the mother bird is so worried and the boy began to be aware and sees the baby bird crying! I hated that part. Afterwards, the boy picks the baby bird up to the nest, and when the boy begins to carry his groceries, his buttons begin to pop off his pants and reveals out his naked butt! So the mother bird rushes to the boy's pants and grabs them, so they will not be falling down as the boy whistles and walks the way home and carries the groceries.
I actually thought that was kinda funny. I'm surprised they didn't censor it, though.

mikealan

Reaction score
I remember the episode where Zoe calls her rock "Rocko"! I remember seeing it on the last day of the year 2002. It's from probably 1999 and I saw it on NOGGIN. The sponsored letter and sponsored number of this episode are "R" and "12". That's not stupid, but can you think of other skits from 1969-89 that are terrible or stupid?

roadrat15

Reaction score
The show that really irked me (apart from any Elmo episode!) was the one with Snuffy's snuffle puppet.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, some of the cartoons (Alligator King, Jughead, Hey Arnold, and Pink Panther) were quite clever and well done. I also like the Pixar lamp shorts..

But here's my all time WORST SKETCH LIST......

1) There was this long, never ending skit I ABSOLUTELY HATED when I was a kid. It showed live action footage of flowers and rain with classical Music. It's like I prayed that boring skit would end. It was terrible!! ZZZnnnnnnkt.... huh? I put myself to sleep just THINKING about it...

2) basically any long skit that involves little Kindergartener kids and no muppets. They would always bore the heck out of me and they still do... I got bored and watched an episode either last season or this season in which these two kids wrote boring letters to each other. Like it was super rediculously tedious. "My goldfish likes your drawing of your dog! Blah blah blah... this is a cheap scribble of me (the disproportioned stick figure) playing basketball (the orange roundish dealy that's halfway through my arm)... I HATED THAT!!!!

3) They had these sketches that I can't really describe.. basically, there are these 2 dimentional cartoon animals (drawn ethnically?) that just dance for like 2-3 minutes and there's no reason for it as itis not educational. I mean, sometimes they say a number, but that's about it...

4) new ones... there are two patronizingly bad ones that premired this year that make me want to scream....

First, there are a bunch of kids that make shapes of letters while bad off key singers sing (in tune with a cheap keyboard):

N...N... N.. De lettah N... N N.. The letter N... and they have one for each letter. It must have taken them like 5 hours to film and make the whole bunch...

another one... A cheaply stop motioned mail box: You got a letter... open the letter... its the letter (fill in the blank). COUGH..Barney cough..

5) We're the number one.... yeah.. that was funny for like about 2 seconds.. why does it last 2 MINUTES?!?!?!

6) Monster Clubhouse... need I say more

7) When certain celebrities muck up old songs... Destiny's child doing "I've got a new way to walk" and Vonda shephard doing a horribley tone deaf version of "Everybody's song." However, I really loved the New Captain Vegatable with John Leguizamo... Now that you have to see. that was a classic!

8) The cheaply made stop motion films in which tools make the letter of the day or something (the whole bleeping series... every single one they make... snooze ville!) you won't believe how often they use these to eat up time on Plaza Sesamo...

that's all I can think of at the moment...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
A carton of milk, a dozen eggs, and a stcik of SCRAM!
Now, THAT was funny for some reason.

I don't mind the cartoons at all, Alligator King is classic, and the redneck hick guy singing about boar hogs is a trip.

I do NOT like the ones that are computer generated and you can tell it.

And I HATE HATE HATE the ones with the smart kids yelling out "FIREMAN! HE'S A FIREMAN!! NOOO, that's the wrong hat!" or something to do with animals, letters, or alphabet. Yuck.

Of course, I sat through the cartoons to get to the Muppets which were the main reason I watched the show.

FOZ

sesamestchick

Reaction score
mikealan said:
As you see, there was a small cartoon with the baby bird and a mother bird which it was terrible when I saw #3803. When I was little, I ran away from it, because I think it was going to make me real upset after I first see it when I was one. Now as if I watched that, it went something like this:

A baby bird happily jumps on its nest as its mother bird watches it. Then a boy is walking and carrying his groceries, until a baby bird begins to fall off the tree and the mother bird is so worried and the boy began to be aware and sees the baby bird crying! I hated that part. Afterwards, the boy picks the baby bird up to the nest, and when the boy begins to carry his groceries, his buttons begin to pop off his pants and reveals out his naked butt! So the mother bird rushes to the boy's pants and grabs them, so they will not be falling down as the boy whistles and walks the way home and carries the groceries.

Do you remember this cartoon???
OMG! I have been trying to find this cartoon for ages! I totally remember it well! Although at first I thought I had been hallucinating until I found out how many other people remember it. :wink: I had posted a request for it in the Yahoo groups, and imagine my surprise :excited: when I found this thread! I always thought it was cute, :embarrassed: So can anyone tell me how to get a hold of episode #3803 and what season that's from? Thanks a million!!!

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
I hate that friggin My Dog Is Happy or something like that. It just looks so dang.......gah, stupid!

F

furryredmonster

I hate the ones where Telly draws a picture of this super hero dude. I can not stand those!!!