The Muppet Mindset

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Attends Professor Prawn's lecture.

Erm, a couple of things sir.
1 "Sex and Viloence"? Don't you mean "Sex and Violence"?
2 You say that Bill Barretta first voiced/performed Dr. Teeth for the song Night Life in The Muppets Wizard of Oz.
Isn't that supposed to be the song "Naptime", as "Night Life" comes from The Great Muppet Caper (still during Jim's tenure as Teeth's puppeteer)?
3 You might be interested in oting that Steve Whitmire also voiced/performed The Swedish Chef for one of the various Muppetisms clips, specifically the I Love Lucy Screen Test, alongside Kermit and Fozzie.

Very good presentation, I thouroughly enjoyed it.
*Leaves classroom, en route back to the Jim Townhouse. Boy, I hope we don't have too much homework for next time, when we'll see you on the Muppet Mindset.
:smile:: Yaaay! *Waves arms frenetically.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A few corrections:
  • Steve Whitmire first voiced Link Hogthrob in the 2000 (or was it 1999?) video game Muppet Race Mania.
  • Brian Henson had also voiced the Newsman in Muppets Party Cruise.

I also noticed you mentioned the recasting of Kermit the Frog as the first important recast. But there had been earlier recasts which I would think would be important as well, not as important as Kermit but still important, such as the recasting of Mr. Snuffleupagus, Telly Monster, Ma Gorg, and Janice. Yeah, before Jim Henson's death it seems they didn't hesitate to recast when needed (though I'd like to think Hilda was dropped due to Eren Ozker's departure), whether the performers were unavailable (as was the case with recasting Statler from Jerry Nelson to Richard Hunt and recasting Storyteller Fraggle from Hunt to Terry Angus), the performer didn't like the character (the case with recasting Elmo from Hunt to Kevin Clash), somebody else didn't like a performer's portrayal of somebody (Terry Angus has said that's why Ma Gorg was recast), a performer left or got fired (the case with most of Michael Earl and Brian Meehl's characters), or other reasons.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't know if you are aware, but somebody has posted a number of videos on YouTube, compiling voice comparisons for many of the recasts. Those would be good things to include in this series.

Here's a few of the videos I'm talking about:
Miss Piggy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtm6bDKtyT4
Sweetums http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPFjAKpRuQc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
Telly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc5dSlza7co&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Drtooth

Reaction score
Once I can actually find that Fraggle Rock Marvel comics reprint book, we're gonna have some fun. Preferably that place that I have a gift card to.

As for the Muppet babies comics... I kinda slacked off on it, and I kinda re-lost those comics for a while. I may do another retro-review on them once I can find them and I get the time to read them.