The Muppet Mindset

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Regarding Steve Swanson's question about whether it's odd to not know who Will.i.Am or Katy Perry are, I must say that I never knew who will.i.am was until I saw "What I Am".

Ironically, I felt like both numbers would have been season highlights, a tie to be to season 41 what "1,2,3,4" was to season 39 and "Outdoors" was to season 40. But with "Hot and Cold" off the show I guess "What I Am" will be the highlight without sharing the glory.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A few of the stuff on that list that aren't linked to sesamestreet.org actually are available at sesamestreet.org:

9. http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_p...11dd-8ea8-a3d2ac25b65b/prairie_dawn_invites_3

27. http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_p...-83fd-1ff2199def8e/cookie_and_count_cooperate

28. http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_p...11dd-8ea8-a3d2ac25b65b/super_grover_telephone

33. http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_p...9-11dd-9bc7-777dea8a73e7/ball_powder_number_3

I probably should have listed "Number Three Ball Film" by the title at sesamestreet.org instead of the name listed at Muppet Wiki (that segment has been listed by a number of different titles depending on source).

And regarding my list, there were quite a few favorites that I kept thinking about listing, but when I limit myself to only 41 I can't include all of my favorites.

Here are some of the individual skits that I kept thinking about including before making the list:
  • Do De Rubber Duck
  • Beat the Time: Cookie Monster
  • Kermit's telephone lecture with Forgetful Jones
  • Monster in the Mirror
  • I Like Words
  • The Nobel Ostrich
  • Mad Painter #5 (I only wanted to include one Mad Painter sketch)
  • Mad Painter #8 (ditto)
  • Henson #9 (it was a toss-up between this and Henson #1)
  • Long Time No See
  • Teeny Little Super Guy: Crossing the Street
  • Wanda the Witch
  • Ernie calls his bath tub "Rosie"
  • S Claymation
  • Outrageous Makeover: Home Addition
  • Grover the taxi driver
  • Harvey Kneeslapper: "Do you know where I wanna B?"
  • Danny DeVito waits at the bus stop with Oscar and Bruno
  • I Love My Elbows
  • Sesame Street News: Pinnocchio
  • Sesame Street News: Sleeping Beauty (the one where she turns into a frog)
  • The Cookie Bunny
  • Herry and John-John count to 20

There's also a lot of stuff that I briefly considered, but I won't list all them. I sort of regret not listing more one-shot film/animation inserts, but I can live with that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Good Frank Oz article.

Back when I started thinking about what to include in my "top 41 Sesame Street sketches in no particular order", I had considered giving the 1-10 spots to segments that corresponded with those numbers. But in the end I didn't (though I still listed segments about the numbers 1, 2, and 10 in the respective spots on my list).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just finished reading the recaps...

You think Teriyaki Chicken is a terrible pun chicken name? Then what about the other chicken Chris called "Attila the Hen"?
And as Jim used to say... "It may be a terrible pun, but it's perfectly terrible for us."

Youtubers saying that True Mud will get kids to watch True Blood in an angry manner. Seriously? Are we rully concerned about what Youtubers say after the entire Katy Perry fiasco?

Great Adventures: Bert and Ernie train the Amazing Froggy to hop in the Frog Race.
Hmm, seems to me like someone tried to sneak in a literary reference to Mark Twain's The Jumping Frog of Calaveras County.
Then again, most people wouldn't recognize that parody I guess.

Great stuff, especially since I missed out on Iron Monster on Thursday.
Hope to read more of these next week as we keep posting our thoughts on the current SST season.

BTW: Happy belated birthday Oscarfan/Shane-o.