1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Muppet Movement: 50 States 50 calls to Disney

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by dwayne1115, Sep 17, 2014.

1. backpackmina

backpackmina Active Member

Yeah, maybe some plush or toy. Pictures of Gonzo wouldn't really work.

2. backpackmina

Here's the mailing address for Buena Vista, they produced the DVDs:

500 South Buena Vista Street

Burbank, CA 91521

United States

Phone: 818-560-1000

Duke Remington and dwayne1115 like this.
  3. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

We also really should forward the new petition to the music rights-holders and celebrity estates, because Disney is truly the innocent victim here, because certain estates and rights-holders do tend to be jerks by not granting the necessary licenses to allow the shows to be released in their entirety.

Besides, the rights-holders would be missing by refusing to grant Disney the licenses because those third parties would get money and royalty fees too.

4. backpackmina

So the licenses are the real problem? I just thought Disney forgot about releasing the DVDs or something

5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well according to Mike Quinn a Muppeter who is on the inside. He said and I quote: "The thing is, Disney know that fans want these seasons and they want to release them. It comes down to music rights and the cost. I'm not sure how many units they would have to sell to break into profit but I'm sure someone did the math. I suspect the declining sales from the last season or two is what halted them.
    If I make enough millions, I could pay for those rights and we could all have our 5 seasons to watch."

So I don't know I mean if you go by that then we would still need to go to Disney, and show them that yes they would be able to make a profit if they spent the money on releasing the final two seasons.

backpackmina and Duke Remington like this.
  6. Duke Remington

Then, why did Lylle Brier even bother to announce that Season 4 would be released in 2010 back at the 2009 D23 Expo?

Not to mention that on the MuppetHenson blog, it was said that Disney declined to comment on whether or not the seasons would be released, which I thought was a hint they were working on them.

In response to Mike Quinn's quote, I hope that he's actually saving up the money to pay off all the rights-holders to get the remaining seasons released. :p

backpackmina likes this.
  7. Duke Remington

And if the last two sets really didn't make as much money as Season 1 causing Seasons 4 and 5 to be held back, I blame that on the big economic recession that occurred back in 2008. :grr:

backpackmina likes this.
  8. backpackmina

So who really should be contacted?

9. dwayne1115

I honestly think that if we get enough signatures and followers on Facebook that the movement as a whole will become huge. When it dose Disney will then make a move. So I think we stick to the original plan at first. Getting as many signatures and people committed to buying the product, and then put the ball in Disney's court.

backpackmina and Duke Remington like this.
  10. backpackmina

Did you make a new petition?

11. backpackmina

I got an email from Walt Disney Home Entertainment this morning:

"The Muppet Show: Season 4 is currently unavailable and no re-release date has been set. We are happy to share your movie request with the rest of our team."

12. dwayne1115

Yes I did just go to the petition thread, and it should be one of my last posts.

13. dwayne1115

So the new Muppet show is airing im two short weeks. Some of us feel ths would be the right time to relaunch the movement. However to do so i am going to need help. If anyone would like to help run the Facebook page please pm ne or find me on Facebook.

Duke Remington likes this.
  14. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

Not to be a Debbie downer but to be honest I really don't think this will work. Disney can do whatever they want and just bombarding them with phone calls, emails or whatever probably won't change their mind. Disney will release the Muppet Show season 4 when and if they want to and if the Muppet Movement did nothing before chances are that if you relaunch the movement it still won't affect Disney's decision.

But that's just my opinion. Good luck.

Pig's Laundry and dwayne1115 like this.
  15. pete1974

pete1974 New Member

Hi Folks, so here's a question...

Do you think Disney might be more inclined to release Seasons 4 & 5 (music costs and all) if the new Muppet show on ABC does well ratings wise?

16. Whatnot1988

Whatnot1988 Active Member

I don't see why not. Moreover, now that the Muppets and Star Wars are now both part of the Disney family, Disney can now include the S4 Mark Hamill episode free of charge! I just hope they'd correct their oversights of S1's deleted songs and include the 60 minutes spot from S3 (which shows them producing the Raquel Welch episode) as a bonus feature on S4 (or better yet, release the S1 "crew video" on the S1 reissue and the S5 "crew video" on the S5 set).

17. TheMuppetFan

TheMuppetFan Member

Hi, guys! I've been lurking around this site for quite some time and I remember when this thread was created. I don't have time to read through all the messages in this, but I was wondering if this Muppet movement ever happened. And if it never did, count me in because I would love to see this happen. I know it comes down to music rights and stuff like that (copyright, blah blah blah) but they could just edit out songs they don't own but then that would make the episodes a bit shorter than they were before. But, if that's what it'll take to get the last 2 seasons on DVD, I'll do it.

18. Duke Remington

No way! We want the episodes in their entirety no matter what. And that's clearly what Disney wants to do.

19. TheMuppetFan

TheMuppetFan Member

After seeing a few more of these messages, though, I do agree with the fact that since Ryan Dosier is working for The Muppets and he could ask Disney what's the hold-up with seasons 4 and 5, but he's not.

Duke Remington likes this.
  20. dwayne1115

Bumping this thread!

Im bumping this thread, and hope some new faces come join the movement.