1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Muppet Show Season 1-3 releasing 3/15/16

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by TimmyMonsterIL, Mar 14, 2016.

1. TimmyMonsterIL

TimmyMonsterIL Active Member

Has anyone heard if there are any new features with these "Special Editions" that are releasing tomorrow, 3/15/16?

I have the original releases from forever ago. From the pictures on Amazon, they appear to be the same packaging. Has anyone heard any info on these as yet?

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

And Disney still listening to :fanatic: in that we've been waiting for Seasons 4 and 5 because we already have Seasons 1, 2 and 3. *Grumble.

Meh, that's why we have a thriving tape trading community to get the episodes in their entirety. :shifty:

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  3. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I heard that a while back, though it's tomorrow nice, maybe I'll buy one and check it out. Still not sure if it's offical or not.

http://www.amazon.com/Muppet-Show-S...=1-2&keywords=the+muppet+show+special+edition

I found the season 2 special edition, it says it has 1 disc inside it.

4. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Can anyone who bought these tell us if there's anything different? Is season 1 unedited, are the songs in season 2 closed-captioned, are there new bonus features?

5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I doubt it. A lot of shows have been doing this lately, where they'll rerelease multiple seasons in one set, and that appears to be what Disney is doing with TMS.

6. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Well, this could be a sign that seasons 4 and 5 are on the way. They may just release those together as well. We'll see.

Duke Remington likes this.
  7. D'Snowth

Again, I doubt it. Unless we hear something otherwise, I think Disney's just taking part in a new trend a lot of shows are going through on DVD right now. Seriously, go to Walmart (y'know, actually walk into a store, rather than just shopping online), and you'll see sets like FRIENDS Seasons 1-5, I LOVE LUCY Seasons 1-3, HOGAN'S HEROES Seasons 1-4, and such.

8. TimmyMonsterIL

TimmyMonsterIL Active Member

I apologize for the confusion. It is not a "set" I was asking about. These are 3 individual re-releases of each season titled "Special Edition." They are not packaged together.

The seasons have also been removed from the Disney Store website, which I thought curious...

Season 1
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ue&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_14&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Season 2
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ue&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_15&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Season 3
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ue&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_16&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

9. D'Snowth

In that case, those all appear to be the original releases of those respective sets; Amazon's a lot like eBay, in a sense, anybody can sell anything on Amazon like they can eBay, and that appears what these are, just the original releases being sold on Amazon.

10. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

But they have a release date of March 15, 2016 and say they contain just one disc.

11. Has anyone bought the "new" season one release to see if it includes the omitted material?

12. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

That's a good thought, but I probably don't want to take that chance because of spending more money than I need to. We can always watch the cut scenes online or in the case of "You've Got a Friend" from the Vincent Price episode, TimeLife had that one taken care of.

13. Tordwashere

Tordwashere Member

As far as I can tell they're all the same. But if your gonna buy you might as well get the old release since it's cheaper. It's good that they're releasing it again as I have a feeling the original release will be out of stock soon.

14. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Do they at least have advertisements from this year at the start of the DVDs so it can be confirmed they are new at all?

15. Binyah

Binyah New Member

I bought the 1st Season set, (the original). It was broken :(

16. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Let's hope that these reissues of Seasons 1, 2 and 3 are an indication that they're getting even closer to finally being able to release Seasons 4 and 5 and that they're almost done clearing all the music copyrights and stuff. (Maybe these reissues will help Disney get even more of the money that they need in order to pay off the rights-holders/legal people.)

After all, it's not Disney's fault that Seasons 4 and 5 have been withheld from release because they do want to release them very, very badly. The only ones to blame for this are the stubborn rights-holders/legal people, the 2008 economic crash (which we are STILL recovering from) and the Republican Party. :mad:

17. D'Snowth

The economic crash happened in 2007, not 2008, and this isn't even a political issue, and political big wigs have absolutely nothing to do with this.

Muppet Master and charlietheowl like this.
  18. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

So is there ANYthing substantially different about these random re-releases?

19. Tordwashere

Tordwashere Member

I just got a new copy of season 2, Instead of how the old ones come in the nice box, the new one comes in a cheaply made plastic case, which was broken when I received it, The rewards paper is replaced with a newer version and the discs come like the new Disney DVDs where it has a light gray cover with The Muppet Show and Disc (number) on them. I am very disappointed in the quality of the rerelease. :attitude:
    Edit: It still has 4 discs, have not checked the trailers and have not looked to see if the ommited material is back as I just got it in the mail today.

20. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

2008 IS when the crash occurred. And the political bigwigs have LOTS to do with it because the crash is all their fault. And the crash is what has forced major companies to cut back on such big spending. :mad: