1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The Muppet Show Season 1-3 releasing 3/15/16

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by TimmyMonsterIL, Mar 14, 2016.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It was said at a convention last year that they not only need to clear the music, but they also have to pay all living musicians. Not sure if that means the musicians who worked on the show or the musicians involved with the songs (and I don't know why it would have to be the latter), but with that statement in mind I guess it's safe to assume that they don't have to deal with the guest stars or their estates (after all, they would have mentioned that fact, wouldn't they?).

MikaelaMuppet and Duke Remington like this.
  2. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Wow, that's just sad, here I was expecting something better, they should have just not released it altogether.

3. Tordwashere

Tordwashere Member

Sorry this is late but I think the reason that they re-released it so poorly is to force the ABC studios logo on to the box before they revealed that the new show was cancelled.

Muppet Master and Duke Remington like this.
  4. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, I doubt they'll make much money considering people rarely buy DVDs anymore and they probably already bought them.

5. Jonathan Teka

Jonathan Teka New Member

Don't forget to add Roger Moore to the list of celebrity estates. He died recently.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.