The MuppetCast - Show #34 - An Afternoon with Dave Goelz

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Oh wow! I had no idea! I just now went out and listened to their podcast after reading your comment here. That's really cool, lol.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
3 So great to listen to an interview with Dave Goelz. For me, it was a Ghostbusters 2 Louis Tully "Wow!" moment (the scene in the courthouse after they captured the Skelari Brothers...
"Two in the box, ready to go. We be fast," *points finger down at the trap "they be slow.")
Lol, great analogy! :halo:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Enjoy every bit of it and loved the interview with Dave and the whole episode about "Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas." I watched it today with my necies and they enjoyed it. Can't wait for the rest of the other Muppety speicals episodes. Keep'em comin Steve. :smile: :big_grin:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Kyle, did your nieces see the cut or uncut version?
Yeah Steve, I haven't heard it yet but I was gonna say, wasn't Grant supposed to get that interview?
Beau, I can't believe you haven't seen Emmet Otter! Just felt like calling you out on that, lol!
:stick_out_tongue:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Kyle, did your nieces see the cut or uncut version?
Yeah Steve, I haven't heard it yet but I was gonna say, wasn't Grant supposed to get that interview?
Beau, I can't believe you haven't seen Emmet Otter! Just felt like calling you out on that, lol!
:stick_out_tongue:
They saw the uncut version. I have it from a trade i did with KermieClown. So it's the version from the first VHS from the 70's.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hey Count, I'm sorry I didn't get to your questions before now, but I'll answer them here:

1 Regarding the contest, can a person enter more than once? Are Muppet Christmas albums fair game as well?
--One entry per customer. I wanted more, but Emmet wouldn't let me :smile:

2 Regarding the special-release Emmet Otter tribute album, was the combination song "Our World/Brothers" included in the track listings?
--It was not. However, the individual tracks themselves are wonderful.

3 So great to listen to an interview with Dave Goelz. For me, it was a Ghostbusters 2 Louis Tully "Wow!" moment (the scene in the courthouse after they captured the Skelari Brothers...
--I agree. There is no Gonzo, only Zuul.

"Two in the box, ready to go. We be fast," *points finger down at the trap "they be slow.")
Everything was fascinating and interesting to listen to from one of the core Muppeteers. And of course, there was Gonzo's contributions to the discussion.

--Gonzo will be making one or two more short appearances on the show in the coming Christmas episodes. Stay tuned!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
And Muppet Christmas albums are not fair game for the contest. Only movies or TV specials.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Steve ya must have been sweeting bullets doing a live interview like that. I know when i was doing my first interview (Jim Lewis) I was a nervous wreck.
BTW did you happen to ask him off the record if there was any muppet things to kind of look out for?