The MuppetCast - Show #35 - Don't Freeze Your Winnebago

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
It seems like almost all of the Muppets understand mock-Swedish. We're the only ones left out of the equation, lol. The online service you're thinking about that takes online content and translates it on-the-fly to "Bork, bork, bork" is Google. There's a language setting in the "Advanced Settings" page, and it's hilarious!

I sent a msg to Newsgirl about her contributions to the AIDS quilt, but so far haven't gotten a response. Still waiting.

I watched A Christmas Together again this week with my wife, who had never seen it. She agreed that the "Camaraderie" number wasn't inherently Christmas-y (and she never agrees with me, so I think I may be right on this one, lol), but she also said that they did a good job giving the number an overall Christmas feel.

I also have to stand by my song title from earlier. There's no Christmas song called "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire". That's actually the first line of The Christmas Song. And yes, I know it's going to be stuck in your head all day now, and you're welcome.

I agree that these Christmas episodes are going well. Too bad we can't do more of them! With only 2 more weeks til Christmas, that limits our time, but probably makes it more special. But, I've made a decision. Because I still have so much more that I want to cover, and because people have been so generous in contributing Christmas audio, I'm doing THREE more shows leading up to Christmas. One this Sunday (VMX), one next Sunday (MCC), and a third show to be posted ON CHRISTMAS EVE. I'm starting on it now, so all I have to do on that day is just push the button and have it post on the website that morning, but it's just another way to put more Muppet-y podcast-y goodness out there for all of us to enjoy this holiday season. Sound good?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow a christmas eve show that sounds cool. I have one question though there are some great Sesame Street Christmas shows out there are you going to talk about any of them soon?

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I have to admit that I haven't seen many of the Sesame Christmas specials (and I'm preparing to dodge all the tomatoes about to be thrown at me), but I love love love the Sesame Street Christmas albums, and you can expect to hear a lot of that on the Christmas Eve show. Fair enough?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Sounds fair hey maybe for Christmas ill get ya one of the Sesame Street DVD's or if they are still out the three pack of them.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Steve. Yeah, found out about the song by listening to MCR. Oh well...

As far as SST Christmas specials go...
Christmas Eve on Sesame Street is a must.
There's A Sesame Street Christmas Special from around the same time.
Elmo Saves Christmas is sort of the modern classic.
Then you've got Elmo's World: Happy Holidays and Elmo's Christmas Countdown aring this Tuesday 12/18/2007 at 8 PM on ABC, and A Sesame Street Christmas Caroll released last year.
Hope this helps and I'm looking forward to everything you've got.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hey Ed, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Elmo's Christmas Countdown premiering on December 23rd, not December 18th? :confused:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it? I've been under the impression that it would air on the Tuesday before Christmas. You'd have to check both Muppet News Flash and your local listings to make sure though.
Hope this helps.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Well, both Muppet Wiki and Muppet Newsflash say the 23rd... so I assume it's a pretty good bet that that's when it'll air. :stick_out_tongue: I'm super excited about it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... Just remembered, as a fan of ESPN2's Mike & Mike in the Morning, the new game show named Duel hosted by Michael "Greenie" Greenberg will air Tuesday night (the entire week for that matter) instead.
Oh well, will still tune in to Elmo's Christmas Countdown anyway.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I was gonna say, unless my DVR told me wrong, it's set to record on the 23rd!