The MuppetCast - Show #51 - A broken computer

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just noticed somethign about this podcast episode. I didn't hear any laughter, gasps, reactions, or anything from an audience, just the program. Did you happen to come to the attraction when nobody was present, or did the audience actually not find it amusing enough to make any sounds? Or did somebody at Disney give you a master audio copy of the thing?

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
It's what's called "source audio". What that means is that, it's not a live-captured piece of audio. It's a (nearly or maybe even) exact duplicate of the audio that is on the film itself. I don't know who gets this stuff or how they get it, but there's a surprising amount of Disney attraction source audio out there on the net! Hope that helps.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder how close to Jim Henson's death Mupet Vision 3D was made. Waldorf sounds like he has a cold in the film, but Kermit sounds alright. Scooter, however, sounds a bit more like Janice at times (of course the voice is pretty much the same, but there is also a slight difference).

In the pre-show, there is a character identified as Rick. Could he have been performed by Rick Lyon? I know that Rick Lyon performed in the movie, though I'm not sure of the pre-show, and I don't recognize the voice of Rick, and don't know what voices Rick Lyon can do. Maybe if you ever get to interview Rick Lyon you can ask him.

Interestingly, I thought I'd read that the penguin orchestra was referred to as Nicky Napolian and his Emeror Penguins, but I didn't hear that name used anywhere in the attraction audio (yes, I know that name was also used for the penguin band in Little Mupet Monsters, but I thought they were called by that name in the 3D film as well).

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Yep, Rick's on my short list. As to when MV3D was made, I don't think it was the last thing Jim worked on, but it was one of the last things.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yep, Rick's on my short list. As to when MV3D was made, I don't think it was the last thing Jim worked on, but it was one of the last things.
Well, since Statler and Waldorf were animatronics, Jim Henson could have recorded Waldorf's lines after the movie was finished. I once saw an article at Tough Pigs which included behind-the-scenes info from an anonymous source, who pointed out that when Waldorf asks Statler if he's enjoying the fireworks that Waldorf was actually voiced by someone else. But I somehow think that source was wrong. He sounded the same as he did in the rest of the picture to me, and in that article it was said that in that line Waldorf sounded the way that Dave Goelz performed him, yet I don't think he sounded like Dave's Waldorf. And it would be weird if Jim Henson recorded all but one of Waldorf's lines before he died (then again, Henson could have recorded it but the line had to be rerecorded). If Jim Henson didn't then that exchange could have just been left out.