1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The MuppetCast - Show #53 - Follow That Fran!

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by stephenjlizard, Apr 14, 2008.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Hey Steve when ever you get done with the JHH disks, can I browe them. I'm so cheap I have nothing to trade to get them from anyone.
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

You don't really need to have anything to trade to get them... Just talk to KermiClown and a deal can be made no problem. :search:
  3. I second what Count just said Dwayne. Not that I'd have a problem lending them to you, but one thing I've found about "trading" is that, if you have nothing per se to trade, people are still very accommodating. I hardly had anything when I started up last year, and thanks largely to the kindness of people right here at MC (and especially the MUP3 thread), I've amassed a collection that I'm quite proud of :)
  4. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Yeah, okay, but our collections are still better. ;) Hehe, just messing with you Steve my man.
  5. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

And I actually have a version of it with additional dialogue between Big Bird, Susan and Gordon (Matt Robinson) in which they explain to him that the long word is really the alphabet. Cute.

By the way, Steve...loved loved LOVED this episode! Been waiting for some kind of interview with Fran Brill for a long time!
  6. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Oh yes...the lemon custard. Cookie Monster's been asking about that.:insatiable:
  7. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Wow. This was great. Jim Henson being inducted into the television hall of fame (it makes me want to see the actual video clip... I especially can't tell what's going on in the Muppet NY workshop sequence... Boy I hope that Disney can get permission to include that clip on a Muppet Show DVD), the Fran Bril interview, the Daily Show appearance, and the Follow That Bird review.

By the way, was your review meant to be for the movie or the DVD? I thought I'd heard you say it was a DVD, yet you pretty much just talk about the movie, not that there's much else to say about the DVD. Listening to the audio, there are things that I hadn't heard before. I don't know if just listening as opposed to watching helps hear small details or if the DVD really has better audio (I haven't seen the movie on DVD). I heard stuff like the feather friends' book with Big Bird being passed around the table, and some dialogue I hadn't noticed at the end, and during the news sequence, I heard some off-screen whispering that I don't remember hearing, such as someone whispering "Sesame" to Chevy Chase and someone else (presumably) whispering "You're on!" to Kermit.

And some of the more emotional scenes (reading Big Bird's post card, Maria telling Miss Finch about what kinds of people live on the street) effected me more when listening to those scenes, as opposed to seeing the action. I wonder if it's harder to get an emotional effect when I'm looking at all my favorite characters.

The interview was great. It's a shame that Brill didn't know the drumers name, which eithe rmeans that the character didn't have a regular performer, or that I've been wrong all these years and performers do forget about performing certain regular characters. I thought I'd read that the drummers only speaking appearance was in teh Musicians episode, and I recall several months ago a clip from that epsidoe with the band talkign to Kermit, and I thought I'd heard a Fran Brill-voiced character, and assumed it was the drumer. Various performer listings cite Fran Brill as the drumer (without any name given, of course). And of course Fran Bril was shown performing her in The Secrets of the Muppets (though I also recall a brief shot of a performer who I couldn't identify performing in the scene, though his character was off-camera, and he obviously wasn't assisting anybody).

Maybe I should have asked you to ask her if she remembered the name of Merlin's Assistant. I've read that she recently did an impression of the character at a recent event, so she must remember performing that character.
  8. dwayne1115

Well on the Farn Brill and Kevin Clash Interviews If I could try and give some advice, one interviewer to another. It's always good to ask the people that you are interviewing stuff they know. What I mean is if your going to ask about a secondary project that they where in, you need to really make sure they where in the project. Because it does two things when they where not in a asked about Project. The first thing it does is that it make you the Interviewer look like you did not do your homework on who you are interviewing. Second it makes the interview sound a little flat when your getting a lot of the same answer, No. Now in the Kevin Clash Interview you where asking him about diffrent projects that he was not involved with. He bounced back really well with talking about how there where projects he wanted to be in , but because he was busy with SS could not.
    I hope this did not come across as me trying to be a know it all. That is just something I have been seeing in the interviews. If you would like maybe we could work on the next one together that way you could have someone to double check everything. Just a thought, I Know that when I wrote the Jim Lewis Interview I was so nervious, and I sure don't see how you are able to talk to them on the phone.
  9. Hehe thanks Bear, glad to be of service.
  10. And good advice too, Dwayne. Don't worry, it didn't come off in a negative way :)
  11. dwayne1115

Good and I hope i helped you out. I know that it is your desire to make the show the best it posabliy can be.
  12. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I don't recall Fran Brill being asked about projects she didn't perform in. It turns out that she doesn't remember performing the drummer, and many sites in the past have listed her as the performer (the only time I can recall seeing anything that suggested she was performed by anybody else was in a Jim Henson Hour website that listed Rob Mills as the drummer, but I figured this was a mistake, though that was unsourced as well). Fran Brill either didn't remember performing her regularly, or she didn't have a regular performer, or she had a regular performer but Fran Brill performed her in the behind-the-scenes footage.

As for Kevin Clash, I did ask about most of those. I suggested asking if he'd performed in A Muppet Family Christmas. I also suggested asking if he performed in the 30th anniversary special, since Clash has often quoted being in charge of the performers in the finale (I just wondered if he actualy performed in the special, and I don't think he actually confirmed that he did perform in that interview, though I guess it's common sense to assume he did perform, as he'd had plenty of performing experience by then, I thuink he was a main Muppet performer as soon as he'd been officially hired by Henson, and the special would have needed as many extra hands as possible). As for Folow That Bird, Kevin Clash was listed as an additional performer, but I didn't know how little he performed in it (I was suprised that he voiced a board bird, since he wasn't credited under the list of Board of Birds). Steve asked on his own if he performed in Mupet Vision 3D, but I did feel bad about suggesting all those questions after it turned out that he didn't do much work in those (outside the 30th anniversary, of course). I had thought about suggesting a question about whether Fran Bril performed in The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years or A Muppet Family Christmas, but chose not to, just because of what hapened in the Kevin Clash interview (and no, if The MuppetCast ever includes an interview with Martin Robinson I won't sugest asking if he performed in those productions, either).
  13. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

Ooh, how about interviewing Stephanie D'Abruzzo on the MuppetCast at some point? Maybe then we can get the answer to the question regarding "Furry Happy Monsters" I asked you via email.

BJ
  14. Hehe definitely BJ. She's on the list!
  15. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Steve, I finally had a chance to listen to Fran's interview. It was fantastic; thank you so much! She was nice enough to answer my question (About how little girls look up to her female roles) and her answer was amazing to hear. What she said is so true, there are so many types of little girls and not very many are represented. I think she does a great job showing the opposite personalities of Prairie and Zoe and it was so insightful to hear her point of view on it.

Thank you so much, it was just brilliant.
  16. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hey Steve... Just finished sending you the songs from The Best of :batty:. Figured you already had The Song of :batty: and Counting is Wonderful from the link for :batty: Counts that Kyle provided in the MUP3 thread. Please LMK if you got 'em and have a good day.
    Looking forward to this week's episode.