1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The Muppets (2011) Movie News

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by theprawncracker, Oct 12, 2011.

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

This thread is dedicated to all news, links, videos, etc. about the new movie, The Muppets. There have been a bazillion threads popping up everywhere and it's pretty ridiculous that we don't just have one thread for all news.

Such as this: an EXCLUSIVE first listen to "Life's a Happy Song" from the movie soundtrack as sung by Jason Segel, Amy Adams, Walter, a ton of extras, Feist, and Mickey Rooney as Gary, Mary, and Walter leave Smalltown, U.S.A. I love this song so much.

http://ryanseacrest.com/2011/10/12/...l-amy-adams-song-from-the-muppet-movie-audio/

2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

O-o-o-one spoiler too many.

By the time this thing's out, we'll have seen the movie five times before it's even released to theaters. :fishy:

3. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

Yeah. Despite the temptation, I may need to distance myself from this thread. I want the movie to be a surprise :D

4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It sounds like a very big "Hey a Movie!" style number. It's too bad it won't be filled with Muppets though.

5. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

It will be at the end, though. :)

6. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

Oh my gosh, the temptation... Must stay away... spoilers.... Ugh, eventually, I may just fall into this temptation....

7. Drtooth

I gave the song a good 3 second preview for myself. I was afraid that fourth second would blow the entire movie.:sing:

Nick22 likes this.
  8. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I don't mind reading about general synopses, cameo lists, even clips from trailers. However, I draw the line at watching whole scenes or musical numbers. I want those moments to be special.

9. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

It reminded me of "Hey a Movie!" too. I really liked the song.

Duke Remington likes this.
  10. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

Indeed, it's quite catchy!

11. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I'm just really glad that our work on "The Laramie Project" ends the day before this comes out, otherwise I would do bad things to our directors...:shifty:

12. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

That's a terribly odd coincidence! Same here! lol. I'm not in it, but I am doing publicity.

13. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

The new commercials keep-a-comin'.

At least two new tv spots debuted today. One of them i only caught the tail end of so details on it will have to be forthcoming. But the other is a one-minute spot which, even though there are a few shots in it we haven't seen yet, isn't too bad of a "spoiler" ad since the bulk of it is interview clips of The Muppets (in the director chairs we've seen in some other promos) titled "Working With The Muppets"...there's soundbites from Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Floyd and Animal. Animal pretty much steals the show throughout the entire trailer.

Oddly enough, for a new ad, it had the "old" version of the arches shot in it (with the white background and the disproportionately small Beaker)

14. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

I suppose those new spots don't reveal anymore returning minor characters. Right?

If so, I guess that just renews my gut feeling that they really are trying really hard to withhold as many surprises as possible until the film hits the theaters.

15. Drtooth

I'm wondering... is the empty archway a tactic to hide special characters OR (more likely to me) was it just unfinished footage that was just available at the time of the trailer, and they just stuck with that footage because it was easily available? I swear I saw some trailer of some movie with an unfinished scene in it before...

16. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Somebody on the Tough Pigs forum said that after reading the junior novelization the empty arches make more sense, though I read the whole thing and didn't notice anything that made it make sense. But we only have a month and a week to go!

17. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

An educated guess on my part (meaning i've read one of the early drafts of the script...which doesn't mean as much as you'd think since A LOT has changed between early draft and final cut - as is usually the case.):

I'm guessing the arches won't be empty in the movie...and what will be IN those empty arches is (a) something that really is best left unspoiled; it HAS to be experienced first-hand viewing and (b) if the ads DID spoil it, it would be really odd out of context.

I'm also guessing that there are actually more empty arches in the preview shots than there need to be just for the purpose of misdirection and generating "buzz" among the fanbase.

18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Muppet Domination Has Begun!!

All the taxi cab sign tops and bus shelter photos are Muppetized in SF!! Walking home from my job at 3 AM on Friday night was made bearable from all the close-cropped Muppet eyes peeping at me from passing cabs! I ❤ this movie promotion.

newsmanfan and Duke Remington like this.
  19. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Cannot WAIT for full-blown Muppet promotion to hit the UK!

20. Drtooth

I didn't get that yet. maybe it takes a while for it to migrate eastward? I did see a shrinkwrapped back of the bus Puss in Boots come out a few weeks ago. I'd hope to see Kermit and Piggy and Gonzo on the back of one soon.